BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 4

Looks like two deals that were already in the pipeline before Paul Lambert came in imagine he didn't have much of a say but it raises the question sadly once again will he have a say in who comes in or just play nodding dog to the guys who control the players in and out.

2 deals?

Lambert is in charge of transfers/new contracts.

Lambert gave the ok to Giving O'Sullivan a new contract just like Evans new contract last week. Look at the Players comments.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like two deals that were already in the pipeline before Paul Lambert came in imagine he didn't have much of a say but it raises the question sadly once again will he have a say in who comes in or just play nodding dog to the guys who control the players in and out.

It's how it works at 99 percent of clubs. Managers will be presented with a few options and he will have final say. Managers highlight positions and scouts presents options.

Interestingly on Henry, he was recommended to Big Sam by Ryan Nelsen. He might also have put his name forward to us (twice).

David May, Henning Berg didn't do too bad.

David May was OK no more than that as a full back. Berg was really good there but he wasn't the biggest centre half I ever saw . To be honest he wasn't the fastest full back either but he'd a great mentality and he read the game pretty well. His positional play was outstanding. You could have mentioned Dominic Matteo and Chris Coleman.

The Chief Scout is a vital position in any club. Would be interesting to know scale of Tommy Johnson's input in Rovers' player dealings over last 15 months.

Lambert will no doubt want a man whose judgement he completely trusts in this area. We will probably soon know if Johnson is that man.

Ewan Chester is someone Lambert worked with at Norwich and he's reputed to have good international connections - could be one to watch.

Offer Bowyer a job, his strike rate was phenomenal

David May was OK no more than that as a full back. Berg was really good there but he wasn't the biggest centre half I ever saw . To be honest he wasn't the fastest full back either but he'd a great mentality and he read the game pretty well. His positional play was outstanding. You could have mentioned Dominic Matteo and Chris Coleman.

Does this mean that you have to name 36 failures in that positional swap

Just seen that Jack Grealish has been told to train with the Under 21s after being pictured on the lash after Villa's defeat at Everton on Saturday. This may be entirely unrealistic but the kid obviously has a lot of potential and maybe a loan to a championship club will get him back on track if Villas new boss isn't keen on him? Lambert gave him his first chance at villa so you never know he might be tempted to come here and show what he can do.

Just seen that Jack Grealish has been told to train with the Under 21s after being pictured on the lash after Villa's defeat at Everton on Saturday. This may be entirely unrealistic but the kid obviously has a lot of potential and maybe a loan to a championship club will get him back on track if Villas new boss isn't keen on him? Lambert gave him his first chance at villa so you never know he might be tempted to come here and show what he can do.

It could worth a cheeky enquiry, the boy is needing some guidance out of the spotlight and some space to develop.

Having said that if he's wanting to make the England squad next summer he'll need to prove himself in the Prem. Either way its looking like Villa's not the place for him to be.

It could worth a cheeky enquiry, the boy is needing some guidance out of the spotlight and some space to develop.

Having said that if he's wanting to make the England squad next summer he'll need to prove himself in the Prem. Either way its looking like Villa's not the place for him to be.

If he's not careful he could be the next Lee hendrie.

Lambert and Shaw working together to sort out who will be get new contracts

http://m.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/14100632.Derek_Shaw__We_will_work_with_Rovers_boss_to_decide_future_of_out_of_contract_players/

I would offer new contracts to Conway, Olsson, Lenihan and Taylor

Lambert delighted with Henry signing

http://m.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/14100636.Paul_Lambert_delighted_to_bring_Doneil_Henry_back_to_Blackburn_Rovers/

2 deals?

Lambert is in charge of transfers/new contracts.

Lambert gave the ok to Giving O'Sullivan a new contract just like Evans new contract last week. Look at the Players comments.

You were saying the same things about Gary Bowyer.

Lambert and Shaw working together to sort out who will be get new contracts

http://m.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/14100632.Derek_Shaw__We_will_work_with_Rovers_boss_to_decide_future_of_out_of_contract_players/

I would offer new contracts to Conway, Olsson, Lenihan and Taylor

Lambert delighted with Henry signing

http://m.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/14100636.Paul_Lambert_delighted_to_bring_Doneil_Henry_back_to_Blackburn_Rovers/

"Goalkeeper Simon Eastwood, defenders Tommy Spurr, Matt Kilgallon, Darragh Lenihan, midfielders Chris Taylor, Lee Williamson and Sacha Petshi, and strikers Nathan Delfouneso and Chris Brown will all be out of contract come July."

A few duds in there. Defo, Brown and Willo can all go as far as I am concerned. Not sure about Petshi, not seen enough of him.

I like Killa, I think it was harsh he didn't start the season as first choice CB given the form he was in at the end of last season. I doubt he'd sign a deal if we offered him one.

I'd try and keep Taylor and Lenihan.

Eastwood I'm not too sure on. He's done well in games in the past but I guess its if Raya can get some confidence back.

Bowyer was just like Lambert is.

Lambert will decide who he wants to sign. Shaw will do the negotations the deal.

Instead of looking for negatives all the time why dont you come down to Ewood Park and support Lambert and The players on Saturday

• Backroom

People said the same things about Souey. And Hughes. And Sam. It's rumoured that Dalglish had control over signings too...

Forgive me, JAL, but seem to be trying to trip posters up a few times in the last couple of days.

If not, I apologise for the assumption; please try to make your points clearly if you're trying to add to the debate as it's easy to read some of your posts as wind-ups. I'm sure that's not the case.

Archived