BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 4

Why the hell has he got 'Recognised strikers' and 'Chris Brown' appearing in the same sentence?

On the plus side, some gut commenting on the twitter link to the Lawrence signing appears to be a Donny fan and wants to take good old Browny back on loan?

Chris, I'll meet you outside the club shop in half an hour, traffic should be ok at this time of day............

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

While I don't mind this signing (in fact I'm quite excited by it), why on Earth are we not using our own supposedly up and coming players? O'Sullivan must have walked into Bowyer's house on his birthday, snogged his wife and whizzed on his kids!

And still no other options in defence...the Achilles heel (well after the midfield but we've got 1 billion of them who are all the same)

No slight on Lawrence though who looks like he could be handy IF he lives up to his potential

Another good young player coming in so credit to the spotters in recruitment again. Will they know what they want from him though ? Is he another part of the jigsaw or just a face plugging a gap in the squad.

• Backroom

Another good young player coming in so credit to the spotters in recruitment again. Will they know what they want from him though ? Is he another part of the jigsaw or just a face plugging a gap in the squad.

He's definitely not filling a gap! We've plenty of options in attack and midfield but sod all at cb.

Unless our resident genius is going to convert him?

Personally I like to judge players in proper competitive games, and I would wager that Yeovil's fans know far more about the lad than Leicester's.

So how does a player step up from the reserves to the first team? They have to get a chance sometime if they are doing well in the stiffs

Unless they are our own home grown players and the manager is called Gary Bowyer.

And look how Judge turned out elsewhere ;)

Didn't turn out here though Mike which is the real crux of the matter.

Everyone keeps throwing out these lines about King, he was useless here, bad attitude and deserved to be benched more than play.

So how does a player step up from the reserves to the first team? They have to get a chance sometime if they are doing well in the stiffs

Unless they are our own home grown players and the manager is called Gary Bowyer.

Who gave Raya, Lenihan, Mohoney and O'Sullivan their debuts?

• Moderation Lead

Didn't turn out here though Mike which is the real crux of the matter.

Everyone keeps throwing out these lines about King, he was useless here, bad attitude and deserved to be benched more than play.

He probably would have done if he'd been given game time!

I'll take that as "I don't know either"

You will? How so? I think I have a good idea who gave Raya, Lenihan, Mahoney and O'Sullivan their debuts.

You seem to be ducking a simple and pertinent question. Have another go at answering it.

Ah you weren't answering the squad question. Apologies

Bowyer gave them their brief debuts but out of the 4 only Raya is being given a proper chance now.

I'll ask again in January when we are loaning other teams youngsters at the expense of our own, or buying cast off french lower league players

Ah you weren't answering the squad question. Apologies

Bowyer gave them their brief debuts but out of the 4 only Raya is being given a proper chance now.

I'll ask again in January when we are loaning other teams youngsters at the expense of our own, or buying cast off french park players

So Gary Bowyer gave the aforementioned academy/young players their debuts? Would that not be contrary to what you were suggesting in this post -

"So how does a player step up from the reserves to the first team? They have to get a chance sometime if they are doing well in the stiffs

Unless they are our own home grown players and the manager is called Gary Bowyer."

You know what I mean. We haven't a pot to p*ss in so to speak, the man is an ex-youth coach, and the ambition seems to be to tread water this season, so you would think the sensible solution is to play some of them from the start. Give them a proper chance of they are good enough for cameos. 10 minutes at the end of a game isn't giving them a chance and neither is buying average players or loaning other teams youth prospects to be higher than them in the pecking order. Raya will show this season what youth can do if given a real chance..

Anyhow. Does anyone know if our established quota has hit the 24 max? As that would give us no room to manoeuvre....I assume.

You know what I mean. We haven't a pot to p*ss in so to speak, the man is an ex-youth coach, and the ambition seems to be to tread water this season, so you would think the sensible solution is to play some of them from the start. Give them a proper chance of they are good enough for cameos. 10 minutes at the end of a game isn't giving them a chance and neither is buying average players or loaning other teams youth prospects to be higher than them in the pecking order. Raya will show this season what youth can do if given a real chance..

Anyhow. Does anyone know if our established quota has hit the 24 max? As that would give us no room to manoeuvre....I assume.

You would make a good spy or politician. Paxman would struggle to get A straight answer out of you.

You're too good for me boss, I give in.

loan until January 3rd... i dont get these tyoe of loans, because if its not until the end of the season, then it just doesnt make sense to me

If it does not work out for us or he gets injured we can send him back and free up one of the 24 squad places.

Archived