BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 4

Is Raya naturally right or left footed?

He put the ball out to Lowe who was just out of the pen area and basically quite close to a Cardiff player. Lowe maybe panicked and passed it back to Raya and to Raya's right foot. Raya could have wellied it first time with his right foot but moved the ball to his left foot and was by now being closed by an incoming Cardiff player and the result was a crap left footed kick in the general direction of Spurr, but it turned into a pass to another forward running Cardiff player.............the rest is history.

As i posted earlier,looked to me like Raya was under instructions not to just put his foot through it. Before the goal three back passes and three aimed passes to Rovers players. The fourth goes a bit awry,bad control,centre halves wide open ..goal.

After the goal he was doing exactly the same til late second half when clearly just launching it.Again to me under instructions.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you mean this experience?

Steele’s attempted clearance ricochetted off Luciano Becchio into the net to make it 2-0

I think both Steele and Eastwood is at best mediocre. Raya is still young but can be a lot better than the pair of them. The goal vs Cardiff was not solely his fault. Lowe lost a challenge and the centre half gave away space in the middle much like against Wolves. However if Raya is supposed to be a top keeper he will need to deal with this setback. Mental strength is probably the most important skill for keeper.

Yeah and he got over that settled and went on to do okay. Now we have the prospect of something similar happening again, and it will. You have to ask yourself why. Not blaming the goal on Raya as I think Spurr should have dealt with it but it did stem from everyone in the team expecting him to clear it properly so they were looking forwards.

As i posted earlier,looked to me like Raya was under instructions not to just put his foot through it. Before the goal three back passes and three aimed passes to Rovers players. The fourth goes a bit awry,bad control,centre halves wide open ..goal.

After the goal he was doing exactly the same til late second half when clearly just launching it.Again to me under instructions.

Thanks. I just saw about 2 mins highlights so only saw the final back pass.

Thanks. I just saw about 2 mins highlights so only saw the final back pass.

No problemo ARA ..just my take on it thats all.

The question that should be being asked is why play so many back passes in the first place. Have we no one daring enough to put his foot on the ball face the right way and make a forward run with the ball to at least create openings for passes to other players ?

Going off topic ..apologies

IMO ..i think Raya can be absolved of blame a little on the goal.Prior to the goal he had three? back passes to deal with and everyone he looked up and played a ball to a player in blue.No launching it .

Same for the goal,hes looked up and tried to pick out a Rovers player (which he did in all fairness) and continued doing so after the goal until midway through the second half he began launching it deep.

Now in my mind i think Raya was under strict instructions to do this (both find a Rovers shirt and then change tact in the second half when desperation kicked in for an equaliser and go long ).A young keeper would only be too happy to put his foot through it,find touch whatever but for some reason he wasnt. I think this was a tactic that he d been told to adhere too.

My argument on this though is that Rovers are only too happy to go sideways and backwards and at some point ( with so many back passes) Raya was likely to come a cropper.

Doesnt say much for our midfield/defenders ball playing skills that they are quite happy to lay it back to the young lad in the sticks for him to find a bloody Blue shirt..

Agree that he may be under instruction. A few on here were of the opinion that Raya was in ahead of Steele because he has good footwork and often gets it out at the back quickly. It's fair to say Steeles weakpoint is his kicking so this might be correct but imo it just makes us look even more suspect at the back and like you say the midfielders now see the back pass as a regular get out option. Sooner or later it will cost us, there have been a few scares in every league game so far because of it. Naïve stuff yet again.

According to someone on facebook, Alan Myers has said in town that we may be bringing a striker in on loan today.

Fingers crossed it's someone with genuine quality, could mean we might e passing on Maynard?

On Lawrence, good player at this level. Be a good idea to bring in on loan with a view to buy.

Lee Williamson will go down in the annals of history at Rovers for one reason - dragging Ings down at Burnley and preventing him the opportunity to score what could have been the winner. Blatant cheating at it's best (or worse if you are a Dingle) and we all celebrated. He got a tumultuous round of applause as he left the pitch and there was even a song in honour of his action.

Back foot football complimented by front foot media.

It does rather seem as though QPR can do what they like.

Why isn't Kate Hollern (or even in desperation Jack Straw) speaking out about the double standards of a rule with the word 'Fair' in its title? A bit of pressure on the authorities is in order.

Not to lift our embargo per se but if ours must stand then they must stand firm on sanctions for QPR (and everyone else).

From Alan Nixon

Blackburn very close to doing this Tom Lawrence loan deal from Leicester

Haven't you described Lawrence as a winger ?

How many wingers do we need ?

I don't think we have a transfer strategy, just totally muddled management.

Archived