BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 4

Sounds like Forest are confident of coming out of their embargo sooner rather than later.

Forest seem to be under the impression that their embargo is lifted next summer. It sounds as though the club are operating on the basis that this is a temporary issue and that come next summer they will be back to being able to spend millions on players. Presumably somebody from the Football League has confirmed to them that this is the case and that is why they have been looking at deals which involve taking someone on loan for a year with a view to a permanent cash transfer in 12 months time.

Another club that will manage to escape their embargo without a major sale. Yet some claim Rovers need another sale on top of the £10 million already pocketed to lift the embargo. Strange.

In other news it seems that the rumour is gathering pace that QPR are going to get away with a mere £8 million fine from the Football League (note the remarkably similar figure to the sell on fee they got for Sterling). It is disgusting, but not surprising. If they get away with this and our embargo remains in place then I really hope there is immense pressure from supporters who meet with Shaw as to how the hell he can sit back as our MD and allow this to happen without a challenge.

Apparently one of the reasons for favourable treatment of QPR is that they have somehow reduced their losses by £20 odd million these last couple of years (not quite sure how that is possible). Can anyone put a figure on how much our losses have come down these last two years? I'm guessing at least £20 million, if not more, yet no leniency to us.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

. As I have been told,from someone supposedly in the know,your not a established player if you are under 22 and made less than 5 starts on 30th June,,but if they then come in and play more than 5 games or turn 22 you can still play this season,but from 30 th June next year you will then be an established player,be nice if someone from Rovers can actually confirm this....

It's easier understand venkys head than ffp

. As I have been told,from someone supposedly in the know,your not a established player if you are under 22 and made less than 5 starts on 30th June,,but if they then come in and play more than 5 games or turn 22 you can still play this season,but from 30 th June next year you will then be an established player,be nice if someone from Rovers can actually confirm this....

This is pretty much my understanding. There is a cut off point at which players are counted as being 'established'. So players under 22 can play as many times as they want this season and will only be counted as established from 30/6/2016.

I think Wheelock confirmed in one of his many articles on the embargo this summer.

i honestly dont know why we would want to sell Marshall. if i had a choice between Marshall and Lowe, Williamson and Evans, he would be the last of that lot to be sold. I know, nobody wants the others, but not sure we should be selling Marshall

He's been bloody awful. Last night Cardiff he was largely anonymous all the match. Also when Marshall is in that mode it does appear that his head goes down very quickly.

Just as an aside have I missed something cos O'Sullivan was on the bench last night.

He's been bloody awful. Last night Cardiff he was largely anonymous all the match. Also when Marshall is in that mode it does appear that his head goes down very quickly.

Just as an aside have I missed something cos O'Sullivan was on the bench last night.

okay he hasnt been great, but so has alot of players. Unless the players are now fed up with Bowyer, its something to really take a look at closely in the next few games. If Barrow comes in for Marshall, it might be okay, and we might just see Marshall go. Personally i wouldnt sell him.

my gripe is still with Lowe though, and how that guy seems to be a starter no matter how poor he has been. But somebody like Delfy does alot better, but has to sit on the bench. So my question is this, do you have to poor in a game, in order to keep your place?

last season as well, Bowyer selected a few players who were under performing, while dropping players who had the previous game done well.

okay he hasnt been great, but so has alot of players. Unless the players are now fed up with Bowyer, its something to really take a look at closely in the next few games. If Barrow comes in for Marshall, it might be okay, and we might just see Marshall go. Personally i wouldnt sell him.

my gripe is still with Lowe though, and how that guy seems to be a starter no matter how poor he has been. But somebody like Delfy does alot better, but has to sit on the bench. So my question is this, do you have to poor in a game, in order to keep your place?

last season as well, Bowyer selected a few players who were under performing, while dropping players who had the previous game done well.

Some players are picked more on what they offer in terms of knowing the plan and their attitude than form...that's pretty standard across the board at most clubs tbh.

Lowe is a good player. Needs to get some games under his belt but he, Grant, Marshy and Craig form nucleus of the squad..Gaz wants them in come what may.

Though I do think Grant was running outa tokens before his injury last season..

FYI boys - they are DESPERATE to get outa FFP. I wouldn't rule anything out in terms of sales. Genuinely, I wouldn't.

Some players are picked more on what they offer in terms of knowing the plan and their attitude than form...that's pretty standard across the board at most clubs tbh.

Lowe is a good player. Needs to get some games under his belt but he, Grant, Marshy and Craig form nucleus of the squad..Gaz wants them in come what may.

FYI boys - they are DESPERATE to get outa FFP. I wouldn't rule anything out in terms of sales. Genuinely, I wouldn't.

They originally put the club into FFP and now they use it as an excuse to sell more players.

Let's hope Bowyer has increased Brown's value.

They originally put the club into FFP and now they use it as an excuse to sell more players.

Let's hope Bowyer has increased Brown's value.

Haha in fairness, FFP didn't exist when Venkys initially gambled on promotion mate!! Be fair.

If they are that desperate to get out of FFP just make a personal loan to the club and write it off it worked for QPR

Neither did relegation - in their minds!

Haha

If they are that desperate to get out of FFP just make a personal loan to the club and write it off it worked for QPR

Hah believe me mate...they've spent A LOT of money. I'm not sure even the most die hard fans in the world could write off that type of money.

Venkys have been terrible for Rovers but mainly down to naivity in who they did and didn't trust. They made awful choices re Sam and JW replacing with SK and SS....but my god it's cost them!!!

And consequently us.

Desperate to get out of it ffs ?????? GRRRRRR

Who the @#/? got us in it in the first chuffing place !!!!

Venkyscum out !!!!

Haha

Hah believe me mate...they've spent A LOT of money. I'm not sure even the most die hard fans in the world could write off that type of money.

Venkys have been terrible for Rovers but mainly down to naivity in who they did and didn't trust. They made awful choices re Sam and JW replacing with SK and SS....but my god it's cost them!!!

And consequently us.

I think the poster meant right off say 10m that would take us out of embargo

Haha

And consequently us.

You're giving them far to much credit Mani.

Naivety is something you eventually learn from, we only need look at the Berg/Shaw saga years after the fat southerner had his way with them to know its not naivety at all, its incompetence on a grand scale and it continues today which is putting the football club in serious danger.

Venkys out!

Lowe is a good player !?!?

We all have opinions and the view of those I discuss football with is that he is absolute shyte.

IMV, he offers nothing but legs - technically hopeless, can't pass, can't tackle, can't score goals, can't read the game.

Bowyer's devotion to this bloke is beyond belief and, IMV, what he did last night in terms of taking off an attacking full back when we were chasing the game and moving Lowe back there, just to keep him on the pitch, is indefensible.

In decades of watching Rovers, he rates very high on the list of being one of the worst players ever to wear the blue and white.

Haha

And consequently us.

Same old rubbish being spouted fella

If I was a thief it would be better robbing another thief as they couldn't exactly go running to the old bill

As for Jason Lowe WTF he is garbage we were on top last night with Henley going forward.. Gazza makes the change bottles taking our worst player on the park off and switches him to full back a very poor Cardiff then get back into the game possession wise

Archived