BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 4

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nobody's denying the Wolves goal was dodgy and if it had happened in the 88th minute then fair enough you would have a point about it costing us the game with very little time to respond to it. The fact is we had 45 minutes to respond to it but did not.

There was a debate on Talksport about our game and the Bury v Doncaster game and everyone agreed the Wolves player should have owned up or, like Doncaster did, let us have a walk in goal scored to level it back up due to the officials massive blunder. I agree. It doesnt matter what point of the game it was, it was cheating. They player should have been booked and us having been given a free kick. Quick replay with a video ref would have cleared it up

Did anyone still going on about the wolves goal celebrate "the hand of Wilcox" at Newcastle or any of the dives that resulted in penalties when Duff dived ?

Would you celebrate a dodgy goal v nobbers or the dingles

Or the odd MGP handball, dive or double kick corner. Good lad MGP ^_^

For me, Raya is being put under an awful lot of pressure from the back 4. They keep passing it to him when they're under pressure themselves, from an opponent. It then leaves him to have to quickly launch it away, when the striker's close to tackling him.

Agreed, sooner or later this is another cock up waiting to happen and it will cost us. Then again I wanted the more experienced keeper in from the start. The one that they made such a fuss of to get here in the first place. Jokers.

Was it not the hand of Paul Gallagher in 2003?

Either way it's a sign of a poorly performing side when the refs are blamed every week

Lee Williamson will go down in the annals of history at Rovers for one reason - dragging Ings down at Burnley and preventing him the opportunity to score what could have been the winner. Blatant cheating at it's best (or worse if you are a Dingle) and we all celebrated. He got a tumultuous round of applause as he left the pitch and there was even a song in honour of his action.

Lee Williamson will go down in the annals of history at Rovers for one reason - dragging Ings down at Burnley and preventing him the opportunity to score what could have been the winner. Blatant cheating at it's best (or worse if you are a Dingle) and we all celebrated. He got a tumultuous round of applause as he left the pitch and there was even a song in honour of his action.

Didn't the other Olsson also dive for a pen at turd moor few seasons earlier??

The cold, hard facts are results and they are all that counts. Hard luck stories mean nothing. Two points from a possible nine and an immediate League Cup exit is a poor start and the manager carries the can.

Bang on. Managers live or die by results and ultimately they determine whether a club is successful or not. Hard luck stories are not reflected in league tables.

Didn't the other Olsson also dive for a pen at turd moor few seasons earlier??

And we had a song for that too.

Fantastic moment, thoroughly enjoyable!

There hasn't been much comment about our disallowed goal or the chances we missed in the second half. Apart from the goal raya had little to do all night and their keeper was much busier. Most like a good old moan though dont they?

That's because we had at least 2 players stood in an offside position when the free kick was taken. I was level with it and shouting - the thick @#/?s were 2 yards offside waiting for the kick to be taken.

Chances misssed? I think inviting comment on how we were only able to convert 1 of 18 chances will only lead to 'a good old moan'.

As has been pointed out - we've not won a game out of 4 this season of which 3 of those have been home games. We're not learning from mistakes, the team looks poorly set up and we have a manager that seems unable to take us forward. I think that is a fair reason for people to be unhappy.

Did anyone still going on about the wolves goal celebrate "the hand of Wilcox" at Newcastle or any of the dives that resulted in penalties when Duff dived ?

Would you celebrate a dodgy goal v nobbers or the dingles

Wilcox in the replay at Portsmouth

Gordons not done a bad job trying to divert peoples attentions away from the real issues we face on the playing side :lol:

You have to ask the question, considering his Venkys epiphany, is he on the payroll?

If not why does he now see them as decent owners when in the Jack Walker thread back in 2013, page 2, he's talking about murdering them!

Strange

Agreed, sooner or later this is another cock up waiting to happen and it will cost us. Then again I wanted the more experienced keeper in from the start. The one that they made such a fuss of to get here in the first place. Jokers.

IMO ..i think Raya can be absolved of blame a little on the goal.Prior to the goal he had three? back passes to deal with and everyone he looked up and played a ball to a player in blue.No launching it .

Same for the goal,hes looked up and tried to pick out a Rovers player (which he did in all fairness) and continued doing so after the goal until midway through the second half he began launching it deep.

Now in my mind i think Raya was under strict instructions to do this (both find a Rovers shirt and then change tact in the second half when desperation kicked in for an equaliser and go long ).A young keeper would only be too happy to put his foot through it,find touch whatever but for some reason he wasnt. I think this was a tactic that he d been told to adhere too.

My argument on this though is that Rovers are only too happy to go sideways and backwards and at some point ( with so many back passes) Raya was likely to come a cropper.

Doesnt say much for our midfield/defenders ball playing skills that they are quite happy to lay it back to the young lad in the sticks for him to find a bloody Blue shirt..

The issue is we haven't got anywhere near settling on a shape with a lineup and a playing style to match it. Really by now we should be very clear whose playing where and how we are playing.

We know Rhodes will play, who the centre backs are, who the wingers are. But the key central midfield combo isn't worked out, nor Rhodes partner, nor the full backs. Before you get most of that figured out its really hard to drill the players on how we play out from the back etc. I mean how can you say play short unless you know the players can do that. Or play long if you are not confident the target will win the aerial battle or get in behind.

If it was me in charge I'd play Guthrie to offer the short option, but have either Fode (to win in the air) or Barrow (look for his pace behind if the opposite line is high) on so there is a long alternative.

Also Olsson is a good outlet with his pace. We use that all the time when he is on. Between that lot hopefully you wouldnt need to resort to the suicidal tapping across the back.

Tuesday was such a sh!tshow because our outball was so weak. No Guthrie to pickup short turn and pass, Fode was losing in the air, Spurr and Henley could not get up the pitch at all. We ended up playing wide balls to our two tiny wingers to win in the air which was crazy - though tbf Duffy played some nice balls to pick them out when unmarked.

Other idea would be to use Hope's height. You could push him forward like we did with Nzonzi and aim for him. That could be a winner.

I reckon it will take another four or five games to settle the team. By then Bowyer could be sacked. He needs to win on Saturday.

Do you mean this experience?

Steele’s attempted clearance ricochetted off Luciano Becchio into the net to make it 2-0

I think both Steele and Eastwood is at best mediocre. Raya is still young but can be a lot better than the pair of them. The goal vs Cardiff was not solely his fault. Lowe lost a challenge and the centre half gave away space in the middle much like against Wolves. However if Raya is supposed to be a top keeper he will need to deal with this setback. Mental strength is probably the most important skill for keeper.

Do you mean this experience?

Steele’s attempted clearance ricochetted off Luciano Becchio into the net to make it 2-0

I think both Steele and Eastwood is at best mediocre. Raya is still young but can be a lot better than the pair of them. The goal vs Cardiff was not solely his fault. Lowe lost a challenge and the centre half gave away space in the middle much like against Wolves. However if Raya is supposed to be a top keeper he will need to deal with this setback. Mental strength is probably the most important skill for keeper.

Is Raya naturally right or left footed?

He put the ball out to Lowe who was just out of the pen area and basically quite close to a Cardiff player. Lowe maybe panicked and passed it back to Raya and to Raya's right foot. Raya could have wellied it first time with his right foot but moved the ball to his left foot and was by now being closed by an incoming Cardiff player and the result was a crap left footed kick in the general direction of Spurr, but it turned into a pass to another forward running Cardiff player.............the rest is history.

Archived