BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 4

You're giving them far to much credit Mani.

Naivety is something you eventually learn from, we only need look at the Berg/Shaw saga years after the fat southerner had his way with them to know its not naivety at all, its incompetence on a grand scale and it continues today which is putting the football club in serious danger.

Venkys out!

Was on about this Last night and came to the conclusion that there must be some monetry reason they haven't appointed proper people to run the club wether tax off setting or something more sinister cos no one can be that niave

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was on about this Last night and came to the conclusion that there must be some monetry reason they haven't appointed proper people to run the club wether tax off setting or something more sinister cos no one can be that niave

• Brentford have accepted a bid of £9m from Championship rivals Bristol City for striker Andre Gray. If this is anywhere near true we have been royally screwed by Shaw, 6m for Gestede is and was a joke.

Thats the million dollar question Athlete,

Why are they still here?

Why are they still not surrounding themselves with footballing people of the highest caliber?

Why do they continue to pour funds into a sinking ship?

Same old rubbish being spouted fella

If I was a thief it would be better robbing another thief as they couldn't exactly go running to the old bill

As for Jason Lowe WTF he is garbage we were on top last night with Henley going forward.. Gazza makes the change bottles taking our worst player on the park off and switches him to full back a very poor Cardiff then get back into the game possession wise

As most possession is driven from centre midfield - you are basically saying that moving Lowe out of his normal position made us weaker ?

• Backroom

Thats the million dollar question Athlete,

Why are they still here?

Why are they still not surrounding themselves with footballing people of the highest caliber?

Why do they continue to pour funds into a sinking ship?

Putting aside conspiracy theories for the moment, perhaps they are simply happy to write off our losses indefinitely based on the possibility we may somehow achieve promotion to the PL and the riches/advertising that come from that step up.

If they are as wealthy as some claim, our losses won't be significant enough to majorly concern them. I fear this is a combination of saving face and gambling that eventually they'll make their money back and then some by getting promoted some time in the future.

Why they think Shaw and Bowyer are the men to get us there remains a mystery.

Lowe is a good player !?!?

We all have opinions and the view of those I discuss football with is that he is absolute shyte.

IMV, he offers nothing but legs - technically hopeless, can't pass, can't tackle, can't score goals, can't read the game.

Bowyer's devotion to this bloke is beyond belief and, IMV, what he did last night in terms of taking off an attacking full back when we were chasing the game and moving Lowe back there, just to keep him on the pitch, is indefensible.

In decades of watching Rovers, he rates very high on the list of being one of the worst players ever to wear the blue and white.

Though I would agree he had a bad match last night - he made several well timed interceptions. I agree with what Mani is saying in as far as Lowe fulfills the role given to him by Bowyer. As for not reading the game - next time Duffy or Hanley go roaming forward - watch who drops back to cover them.

Though he has been poor this season - IMO he is a player who does the dirty work to allow others to shine - and that is why several managers (not just Bowyer) have continued to play him.

Putting aside conspiracy theories for the moment, perhaps they are simply happy to write off our losses indefinitely based on the possibility we may somehow achieve promotion to the PL and the riches/advertising that come from that step up.

If they are as wealthy as some claim, our losses won't be significant enough to majorly concern them. I fear this is a combination of saving face and gambling that eventually they'll make their money back and then some by getting promoted some time in the future.

Why they think Shaw and Bowyer are the men to get us there remains a mystery.

We just don't know DE, thats the problem...

Bob Flemming said the same to me the other day on finance, but I can tell you with absolute confidence that nobody, no matter how wealthy, is happy losing 100m.

Hmmmm

I spoke to a Villa fans last night, he read in the local rag it was 6.5m rising to 8/9m based on appearances etc.

Make of that what you will.

• Backroom

Bob Flemming said the same to me the other day on finance, but I can tell you with absolute confidence that nobody, no matter how wealthy, is happy losing 100m.

I suppose technically they haven't lost it yet. Isn't a lot of it debt owed to the BOI? If we get promoted then in theory that money could easily be paid back over the next two seasons, even if we got relegated at the first attempt.

I spoke to a Villa fans last night, he read in the local rag it was 6.5m rising to 8/9m based on appearances etc.

Lets hope that's true eh

Lets hope that's true eh

Why? It doesn't make a gnat's chuff difference to the overall position Rovers find themselves in, due to our inept and scandalously reckless owners who have no game plan, no strategy and worst of all, no connection to the traditions and values of our once proud club. Venkys OUT!

That's right, they are guaranteed add ons also.

• Moderation Lead

Hi Mercerman! :rover:

Though I would agree he had a bad match last night - he made several well timed interceptions. I agree with what Mani is saying in as far as Lowe fulfills the role given to him by Bowyer. As for not reading the game - next time Duffy or Hanley go roaming forward - watch who drops back to cover them.

Though he has been poor this season - IMO he is a player who does the dirty work to allow others to shine - and that is why several managers (not just Bowyer) have continued to play him.

When Evans plays the same things happen with him, maybe Lowe covers more ground but Evans is more comfortable on the ball. Hence the complaints that they are too similar to play together effectively if we want to progress. Now we have Akpan and Guthrie who offer something a bit different so the secret is to find the correct blend and bloody stick with it even if it means dropping golden child. The kind of tough decision this gaffer won't make and stick to.

Classic Bowyer really he's signed a load of mids now but hasn't a clue what he's going to do with them so it's this seasons rotation area and hope for the best. Another few games and we'll see Evans and Lowe back together in there.

Why? It doesn't make a gnat's chuff difference to the overall position Rovers find themselves in, due to our inept and scandalously reckless owners who have no game plan, no strategy and worst of all, no connection to the traditions and values of our once proud club. Venkys Out

Why? It doesn't make a gnat's chuff difference to the overall position Rovers find themselves in, due to our inept and scandalously reckless owners who have no game plan, no strategy and worst of all, no connection to the traditions and values of our once proud club. Venkys OUT!

I meant getting the extra 2m, not such a bitter pill then, for the rest i agree whole heartedly

Isnt Maynard still training with Rovers?

Have we kept Rudy instead of Rhodes i think we should had more points in the bag.

Like saying if we still had Shearer or Sutton

Isnt Maynard still training with Rovers?

Have we kept Rudy instead of Rhodes i think we should had more points in the bag.

Or how about if Rhodes hadn't been missing for a game and a half out of the 3 played ?

• Brentford have accepted a bid of £9m from Championship rivals Bristol City for striker Andre Gray. If this is anywhere near true we have been royally screwed by Shaw, 6m for Gestede is and was a joke.

differance is he did not want to leave and Gestede wanted out

Who put the club into ffp? Yes venkys did

I thought UEFA voted on and approved FFP in 2009, though the implementation date was a few years after.

And while the Championship approved it's version in 2011, my recollection that there was a lot of economic pressure to adopt it, mostly from the PL.

Is my recollection mistaken?

You're giving them far to much credit Mani.

Naivety is something you eventually learn from, we only need look at the Berg/Shaw saga years after the fat southerner had his way with them to know its not naivety at all, its incompetence on a grand scale and it continues today which is putting the football club in serious danger.

Venkys out!

really gav? there are loads of naive feckers on here and at ewood who will never ever learn a bloody thing.

Lowe is a good player !?!?

We all have opinions and the view of those I discuss football with is that he is absolute shyte.

IMV, he offers nothing but legs - technically hopeless, can't pass, can't tackle, can't score goals, can't read the game.

Bowyer's devotion to this bloke is beyond belief and, IMV, what he did last night in terms of taking off an attacking full back when we were chasing the game and moving Lowe back there, just to keep him on the pitch, is indefensible.

In decades of watching Rovers, he rates very high on the list of being one of the worst players ever to wear the blue and white.

Not wanting to cause offence but i've learned over the years that the opposite opinion to yours mercer is usually the most accurate.

Archived