BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager?

Neal

Roy Keane. Yes he failed miserably at Ipswich, offloaded Rhodes for peanuts but has won promotion from this division. He'd most definitely come here with a point to prove, he's got the gravitas from a stellar playing career and wouldn't suffer fools. I'd liken him arriving to when Souness arrived after Kidd and kicked the squad into shape.

And another plus factor would be that we could all start chanting "Keanooo! Keanooo!" - just like the good old days ^_^

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, to busy with his building business, just talking to his vice chairman as I type,

Matt Jansen has taken to management like a duck to water, they won away today

Really?

He's managed in the Northern Conference at Chorley for 5 league games and they've won twice.

I don't really understand why that qualifies him to take over Blackburn Rovers in the Championship with aspirations of promotion.

Other than his history as a player, which really should have little/no relevance when selecting a manager.

If we're looking at managers who have been out of work for years and years then we'd be better looking at Hoddle, O'Leary or Curbishley. At least those have experience of success at this level and have managed big clubs. Newell is only mentioned because he's an ex-Rover. Again it should have no relevance.

Roy Keane is a walking disaster. He spent his way through a fortune at Sunderland and Ipswich. Him at this club would be a fiasco from day one.

If Shaw were to be involved in any managerial search I would expect Alan Irvine and Darren Ferguson to be high up on his list.

Really?

He's managed in the Northern Conference at Chorley for 5 league games and they've won twice.

I don't really understand why that qualifies him to take over Blackburn Rovers in the Championship with aspirations of promotion.

Other than his history as a player, which really should have little/no relevance when selecting a manager.

If we're looking at managers who have been out of work for years and years then we'd be better looking at Hoddle, O'Leary or Curbishley. At least those have experience of success at this level and have managed big clubs. Newell is only mentioned because he's an ex-Rover. Again it should have no relevance.

Roy Keane is a walking disaster. He spent his way through a fortune at Sunderland and Ipswich. Him at this club would be a fiasco from day one.

If Shaw were to be involved in any managerial search I would expect Alan Irvine and Darren Ferguson to be high up on his list.

I wasn't putting him forward, just stating what his boss thinks of him, took to it like a duck to water and showing real signs of being a natural manager

Roy Keane. Yes he failed miserably at Ipswich, offloaded Rhodes for peanuts but has won promotion from this division. He'd most definitely come here with a point to prove, he's got the gravitas from a stellar playing career and wouldn't suffer fools. I'd liken him arriving to when Souness arrived after Kidd and kicked the squad into shape.

(cue a rant from DE...)

The difference is Souness was an intelligent man. Keane's a walking volcano. He wouldn't last 5 minutes at Ewood .

Im sure i read G flitcroft was looking into getting into the boardrom side of club management, what about givimg him a major role on our board with his 1st assignment being to replace the manager(and shaw can just be left to do the more mundane chairman jobs)

Im pretty sure there'd be some great options for managers around europe that most on here(inc myself) wont have heard of that would jump at the chance to show what they can do in the english leagues, sad thing is i doubt whoever the get to source potential new managers wont have the nounce to get unearth them either.

Im sure i read G flitcroft was looking into getting into the boardrom side of club management, what about givimg him a major role on our board with his 1st assignment being to replace the manager(and shaw can just be left to do the more mundane chairman jobs)

Im pretty sure there'd be some great options for managers around europe that most on here(inc myself) wont have heard of that would jp at the chance to show what they can do in the english leagues, sad thing is i doubt whoever the get to source potential new managers wont have the nounce to get unearth them either.

He is, at Chorley, he also recommended Matt Jansen to take over from him

Im pretty sure there'd be some great options for managers around europe that most on here(inc myself) wont have heard of that would jp at the chance to show what they can do in the english leagues, sad thing is i doubt whoever the get to source potential new managers wont have the nounce to get unearth them either.

He's not interested in football management at the moment...he's interested in Flitcraft his Eco house building and development company.

Some of the posters advocating rookie managers HAVE A WORD WITH YOURSELVES, have you learnt nothing!

We don't have a vacancy at the moment, but some of the dross brought up on here shows just what a hard job it would be to pick a decent manager at a 2015 Blackburn Rovers with mad owners and a thick chairman.

He's not interested in football management at the moment...he's interested in Flitcraft his Eco house building and development company.

and that blonde he's living with round the corner from my ex-wifes :D

Knowing Flitcroft that blonde could be a different lady by now though....

Well, Pearson's the favourite with the bookies (Bet Victor) at the moment which I'd be more than happy with, but they've also got Big Sam as 3rd favourite which we all know is not gonna happen without one hell of an apology. Worryingly, Paul Ince is on the list and not just in the 66-1 Bar section!

Anyway, we need to vacate the seat first, just hoping something might move before Friday.

I don't see how any credible list could include Allardyce.

I think they probably stick a generic list up of every ex PL manager and factor in the level of the club involved. Ex PL Championship clubs will all have the same list.

We need a manager who as seen it all before been there got the tea shirt kind of guy.

But is of the radar at the min because he ain't been at a club for a while .

Now there are a few of them out there and if or when the job becomes available that's who we should plumb for , just a short term contract at first to see if they still have what it takes then they can agree there own terms . Now tell me that's not an insentive to want to take BRFC back to were we believe they should be .

Well, Pearson's the favourite with the bookies (Bet Victor) at the moment which I'd be more than happy with, but they've also got Big Sam as 3rd favourite which we all know is not gonna happen without one hell of an apology. Worryingly, Paul Ince is on the list and not just in the 66-1 Bar section!

Anyway, we need to vacate the seat first, just hoping something might move before Friday.

Much as i love Nigey P and his invisible ostrich

If Venkys made up with BSA... I think I'd take my Mrs for cocktails with the credit card...

We need a manager who as seen it all before been there got the tea shirt kind of guy.

But is of the radar at the min because he ain't been at a club for a while .

Now there are a few of them out there and if or when the job becomes available that's who we should plumb for , just a short term contract at first to see if they still have what it takes then they can agree there own terms . Now tell me that's not an insentive to want to take BRFC back to were we believe they should be .

...and not another friggin coach, i genuinely think pretty much any professional manager with a few years experience would do a better job than gb, as long as they are genuine managers that have the natural air of authority and natural footballing instincts that real managers are just born with(and coaches cant get a badge for on some poxy course)

I think the Cardiff job ended with an unfair representation of his abilities, but we desperately need a recognised achiever. Even though it doesn't guarantee success the fans need to see that Venkys are trying to hire the right people for this role.

As someone on here keeps banging the drum about, get the best man possible for the job.

Archived