BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager?

Neal

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can anyone remember the flack that Newcastle copped when they bought Pardew back out from the wilderness. His last few jobs had been a disaster but he's one who came good. Doing very well with Palace now.

There must be a lot of managers out there worthy of a second chance.

Please god not Gary pissing @#/? Megson. No balding, we've had bad experience with them under Venkys!

*Checks to see if Souness has hair*

Shaw probably fancies Lee ( 'we'll dust wor selves doon' ) Clark.

well time to close the thread. It's like if you're a kid and rush down for Christmas to pick up your shiny presents, only for them to be ripped out of your hands and get a piece of coal shoved down your throat and kicked out in the snow.

well time to close the thread. It's like if you're a kid and rush down for Christmas to pick up your shiny presents, only for them to be ripped out of your hands and get a piece of coal shoved down your throat and kicked out in the snow.

I still want scalextric....

...you'll never steal my dreams Mr Scrooge.

Pearson and Lambert fit the bill.

Personally, I would add Jimmy Floydd Hasselbaink as a wildcard. No Championship experience but if you can do what he is at a club the size of Burton you've clearly got something.

Gravitas. Players will be pitting in 110% for him because of who he is - providing he has something about him, and he'll bring PL methods to a lowly club.

Beware though, Ince had that kind of gravitas at MK Dons. It doesn't always translate to players higher up the food chain. That said, we have such second/third rate players it may be enough.

Do people realistic think Pearson would come to Rovers and drop to the championship? Will he not wait until a PL job comes available during the season? Like Sunderland or the West Ham job?

I like Lambert is a realistic possible choice. He knows the league and got promotion from this league when at Norwich.

I feel that Gareth Ainsworth and Mark Cooper should be on the shortlist. Both done good jobs at their current clubs.

Gravitas. Players will be pitting in 110% for him because of who he is - providing he has something about him, and he'll bring PL methods to a lowly club.

Beware though, Ince had that kind of gravitas at MK Dons. It doesn't always translate to players higher up the food chain. That said, we have such second/third rate players it may be enough.

Having listened to both men, I'm confident that JFH is far more intelligent and articulate.

The way it's going he will have Burton in the shake up for a second straight promotion.

That's a remarkable achievement.

Archived