BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager?

Neal

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Bowyer is sack then we need an experience manager to replace him.

I also feel it is important who their backroom team(assistant manager and First team coach is)

I would like any of these:-

Nigel Pearson, Karl Robinson, Oscar Garcia, Paul Lambert, Gareth Ainsworth, Mark Cooper

very unsure on Ian Holloway or Alex McLeish or Stuart Pearce.

If they were to dismiss Bowyer - and lets' not forget, he makes a profit on transfers, the key performance metric - then no doubt they'll appoint one of: Craig Short/ the kit man/ Ronaldinho/ Colonel Sanders/ Dale Winton/ Lionel Blair/ Kapil Dev/ The Pointer Sisters.

What they most definitely won't do is appoint someone who isn't so pathetically grateful to get the gig that they'd be a 'yes' man.

I also feel it is important who their backroom team(assistant manager and First team coach is)

Nigel Pearson, Karl Robinson, Oscar Garcia, Paul Lambert, Gareth Ainsworth, Mark Cooper

Bowyer is sack...a ballsack

Karl robinson may very well turn out to be a real good manager, but i for one am sick of having managers here whos faces are a challenge to look at without wanting to slap, i think we should just go for the cutest most charming available manager, so I'm ignoring my earlier opinion and putting my chips on Ole Gunnar.

We don't have a managerial vacancy, but if we did I'd make David Moyes an offer he couldn't refuse, but why would he leave La Liga for our circus? well he wouldn't but I thought I'd join in.

All this talk on here of Venkys not feeling the £80m debt, not really being interested in things because they're billionaires, then why haven't they appointed a manager that would easily get us out of the league?

The reason in my opinion is because they want to do everything on the cheap, give Moyes 2m a year and 5m for getting us up and we'd stand a chance, not a massive chance because our squad is rubbish, but more chance than we do now.

Chances of Venkys doing that? No chance......

Make it very well worth his while and Allardyce would consider it for sure.

No chance that arrogant swine would come near here again, his ego just wouldn't allow it and who can blame him.

You talk about a need for experience then say that you would like Gareth Ainsworth or Mark Cooper.

What have either of those two experienced in their careers to suggest they could sort this club out?

Ainsworth has never managed above the 4th division and has never achieved promotion.

Cooper has spent the vast majority of his career in non league.

Neither have managed at this level or above or at a club remotely close to the size and infrastructure of Blackburn Rovers. Once again we're talking about a big step into the unknown with a manager who might not be able to work in the environment he would face at Rovers when dealing with international owners, state of the art facilities and big money players.

For me there are 4 people out of work who I would expect to be interested and could be persuaded to take the job if we wanted them.

Nigel Pearson

Paul Lambert

Gus Poyet

Billy Davies

All are out of work. All have a point to prove after acrimonious departures from their previous clubs. All have very impressive records in this division at clubs with similar pressure/infrastructure to ours.

Unfortunately those people would want to do things their way and might need persuading that they could be a success here. Our lot aren't interested in such candidates so I imagine in the end if a manager 'search' does take place most supporters will end up considering someone like Ainsworth to be the best we can hope for.

JHRover,

Ainsworth has been at Wycombe for 3 season. He was voted LMA league 2 manager of the year last season. He has turn Wycombe around as a club from relegation candiate into promotion candiate.

I think Nigel Pearson, Karl Robinson, Paul Lambert and Oscar Garcia would be 1st choices.

JHRover,

Ainsworth has been at Wycombe for 3 season. He was voted LMA league 2 manager of the year last season. He has turn Wycombe around as a club from relegation candiate into promotion candiate.

I think Nigel Pearson, Karl Robinson, Paul Lambert and Oscar Garcia would be 1st choices.

I could argue that over the last 2 years Bowyer has turned Rovers from relegation candidates to promotion candidates. However he hasn't achieved promotion, which seems to be the reason why people want him gone from here.

Ainsworth has had longer, in a lower pressure environment, at a club with much lower expectations and hasn't got promoted either.

He's another huge gamble. There's a chance it could pay off but I really don't see why it would be worth taking such a huge risk on someone with his cv.

As you said earlier, experience is essential. For me that means someone who has at one club or more been successful in either the Premier League or Championship, not League Two.

As sad as it is I doubt we could get Karl Robinson from Mk Dons given their start to the season, which sums up our decline. And Garcia had to leave Watford due to heart issues so I can't see him being medically fit to come here.

Archived