BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager?

Neal

Do people realistic think Pearson would come to Rovers and drop to the championship? Will he not wait until a PL job comes available during the season? Like Sunderland or the West Ham job?

I like Lambert is a realistic possible choice. He knows the league and got promotion from this league when at Norwich.

I feel that Gareth Ainsworth and Mark Cooper should be on the shortlist. Both done good jobs at their current clubs.

No discernible difference between Lambert and Pearson, in fact Pearson has spent more time in the Championship than Lambert.

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do people realistic think Pearson would come to Rovers and drop to the championship? Will he not wait until a PL job comes available during the season? Like Sunderland or the West Ham job?

I like Lambert is a realistic possible choice. He knows the league and got promotion from this league when at Norwich.

I feel that Gareth Ainsworth and Mark Cooper should be on the shortlist. Both done good jobs at their current clubs.

Should be on the shortlist ? Which shortlist . Has he been sacked?

well time to close the thread. It's like if you're a kid and rush down for Christmas to pick up your shiny presents, only for them to be ripped out of your hands and get a piece of coal shoved down your throat and kicked out in the snow.

Your cheery. Doesn't snow at Xmas anymore. Must admit I got excited too. Thought there was some hope for this season after all.

The cyclical argument could get straightened out.

If they replace GB with a rookie, I'm not sure I could ever post on here again without constantly citing posts I've been writing for two years.

If you do sack GB, please prove me wrong.

Everything points towards a rookie or Alan Irvine.

The cyclical argument could get straightened out.

If they replace GB with a rookie, I'm not sure I could ever post on here again without constantly citing posts I've been writing for two years.

If you do sack GB, please prove me wrong.

Everything points towards a rookie or Alan Irvine.

I just want the right person for the job irrespective of age or experience. There are many examples of 'rookies' who have turned into excellent managers. Eddie Howe in his first spell at struggling Bournemouth and Gary Monk are good examples as is Lee Johnson. I seriously would be asking somebody like Alex Feruson on a consultancy basis to assist them and reward him accordingly.

Nigel Pearson

Paul Lambert

Sergio Conceicao

Gus Poyet

Martin Jol

Tony Mowbray

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink - I like this suggestion, kudos!

Paulo Di Canio

Bernd Schuster

David Flitcroft

Roberto Di Matteo

Thorsten Fink

All attainable I feel.

Somebody like Alex Feruson on a consultancy basis to assist them and reward him accordingly.

Instead we have a Preston fan who's hands are tied because he doesn't have final say.

Joy.

I Cant fathom why some even suggest unproven managers at this point. Have we learned nothing. We need a proven manager, one with success at at least this level. Crazy though it maybe I think Davies may e the best shout but I am sure he is far too abrasive for the likes of the lines in pune. Go a be a crap shoot if Bowyer is not given a long term contract

Roy Keane. Yes he failed miserably at Ipswich, offloaded Rhodes for peanuts but has won promotion from this division. He'd most definitely come here with a point to prove, he's got the gravitas from a stellar playing career and wouldn't suffer fools. I'd liken him arriving to when Souness arrived after Kidd and kicked the squad into shape.

(cue a rant from DE...)

• Backroom

Roy Keane. Yes he failed miserably at Ipswich, offloaded Rhodes for peanuts but has won promotion from this division. He'd most definitely come here with a point to prove, he's got the gravitas from a stellar playing career and wouldn't suffer fools. I'd liken him arriving to when Souness arrived after Kidd and kicked the squad into shape.

(cue a rant from DE...)

It seems my feelings on Roy Keane are well known so I'll spare you the rant ;) I'd rather have Bowyer though which I think says enough.

• Backroom

(cue a rant from DE...)

Do you want to alienate our only decent goalscorer???

This may have been already answered so apologies if it has but .... the £10k a week ceiling does that apply to managers too ?? If so i cant see Pearson or 1or2 others mentioned settling for that

Roy Keane could motivate and kick ass for sure but can he organise a team and get it playing to it and it's key players strengths. I'd say no unless he's grown up a lot and got very wise in recent years and learned from his mistakes.

I like Mike Newell but although he ain't old he's been out a long time, also you never know in the game who's out to get him seeing as he seems to have been alienated somewhat. Probably wouldn't do the drinking culture any favours either.

Archived