SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Charlton Preview!

Mike E

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Performance here was irrelevant, we needed the win. Much like Tom, my thoughts on Bowyer haven't changed, but as far as I'm concerned he's here for a while yet regardless of results, so three points is very welcome.

God help us if Rhodes gets injured.

What is this happy feeling on a Saturday afternoon? I was expecting a 5 o'clock ritual kick in the balls.

Very happy with the urgently needed 3 points, and also the clean sheet. Seemingly we continued to press for more after going ahead, anyone who was present? A very positive development under GB, after doing similar during the week. This is a pre-requisite of any chances, however slim, we have of finishing in the top 6.

I'm not going to dwell on negatives - Charlton are the worst side I've seen at ewood in years, and couldve scored a couple-

We created bag fulls of chances.

Rhodes could've had 6.

Lawrence looked class, did more than Koita.

Evans had his best game in a rovers shirt.

I'm just enjoying the win. Forgotten what it feels like.

• Backroom

Judging from today it seems like we should be starting with Guthrie/Akpan in the centre, with Lawrence playing behind Rhodes. Koita is a good option to come on and harass tired defenders towards the end, but doesn't seem to have the creativity or goalscoring instinct to merit a starting place.

Judging from today it seems like we should be starting with Guthrie/Akpan in the centre, with Lawrence playing behind Rhodes. Koita is a good option to come on and harass tired defenders towards the end, but doesn't seem to have the creativity or goalscoring instinct to merit a starting place.

Que? Evans was excellent I think? Guthrie evans partnership is here to stay. Akpan might have had a good cameo but I can't see him getting a spot off those two

Archived