BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Middlesbrough And Bolton Game

Im planning on going to Middlesbrough game and staying in Blackburn a couple nights and going Bolton game, can anyone recommend a good hotel in the blackburn area? we usually go straight to Ewood Park then 3/4hour drive home, never been into Blackburn anyone recommend it for the day in-between? or just go Manchester? never been to bolton game, would it be wise to get other transport to bolton then my van?

any help would be great thanks :brfcsmilie:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

cheers thanks for that, not a bad idea staying in manchester! i will put them ideas forward to the boss as I'm taking her away from the family over christmas period, she can choose from them two hotels or stay in manchester,

no body recommending going into blackburn town centre?

There is no where to go in Blackburn town centre anymore

• Backroom

cheers thanks for that, not a bad idea staying in manchester! i will put them ideas forward to the boss as I'm taking her away from the family over christmas period, she can choose from them two hotels or stay in manchester,

no body recommending going into blackburn town centre?

Only go in Blackburn centre if you want to be threatened by a yob.

There will be plenty going on in manchester, but you should check the timetables for Boxing Day in advance if you are going via train, the local trains aren't great at the best of times.

If you were planning to visit the Etihad or Old Trafford then I would recommend you stop over in Manchester. If you are planning a trip to Ewood to watch Blackburn Rovers then I suggest you stop over in the new Cathedral Quarter in Blackburn. http://www.cathedralquarterblackburn.com. The new hotel is due to open later this month.

Our Club ... Our Town.

If you were planning to visit the Etihad or Old Trafford then I would recommend you stop over in Manchester. If you are planning a trip to Ewood to watch Blackburn Rovers then I suggest you stop over in the new Cathedral Quarter in Blackburn. http://www.cathedralquarterblackburn.com. The new hotel is due to open later this month.

Our Club ... Our Town.

i like that, but i don't like being threatened by yobs them days are long behind me, might stay in blackburn and go manchester on day after boxing day, altho I'm sure theres a lot more to do in manchester at night, that isn't clubbing or pub. hmm its a thinker, only wanted to watch two football games in a short period of time! i remember not so long ago we use to do well over christmas period, i remember a couple of seasons when we was one of a few teams to win every game over the festive period, back in the good ol premiership days! :(

i like that, but i don't like being threatened by yobs them days are long behind me, might stay in blackburn and go manchester on day after boxing day, altho I'm sure theres a lot more to do in manchester at night, that isn't clubbing or pub. hmm its a thinker, only wanted to watch two football games in a short period of time! i remember not so long ago we use to do well over christmas period, i remember a couple of seasons when we was one of a few teams to win every game over the festive period, back in the good ol premiership days! :(

In my experiance Blackburn and Manchester share a similar yob confrontation problem but statistically Manchester wins hands down in the shootings league.

http://www.stanleyhouse.co.uk

If money isn't an issue then stay at Stanley House, built up by no,less than Mr Fred Walker, Jacks brother. Stunning scenery, fantastic restaurant and a separate beauty and general pampering area for the Mrs. Trust me she will feel like a queen and you will be in the good books for a very long time.

Bring transport and Ewood is a ten minute drive away and Bolton Wanderers about thirty minutes via the motorway junction nearby.

Have a look at the website and see what you think.

Premier Inn indeed!

Never forget the important rule, keep the other half happy and life is great, don't do so and life is hell on earth.

• Backroom

Stanley House is clearly the best but I've never had a problem with Premier Inn's stayed in them up and down the country and think more often than not you get a more comfy night at a fraction of cost - in fact just booked one on Fleet Street for £59 a night which is ridiculous for central London.

I've stayed in the Preston one a few times and that's fine, at £39 it's as cheap as a taxi home after a night out! Preston wouldn't be a terrible base as the rail links are good and there's a few nice bars etc

The Astley Bank in Darwen is a great place to stay, the food is exceptional, it's as good as Stanley House but cheaper.

Darwen isn't a bad night out either, good restaurants and some decent pubs.

• Backroom

The Astley Bank in Darwen is a great place to stay, the food is exceptional, it's as good as Stanley House but cheaper.

Darwen isn't a bad night out either, good restaurants and some decent pubs.

Now you've said it, I don't know why I didn't recommend Darwen. Tower is a good walk, esp including Sunnyhurst Woods.

Good places to eat locally: Amalfi Lounge, Mello, Mangiamo's, Ocean Palace and that that's before you look at the usual 'out of blackburn' places.

Plus Bridgewater is a decent drinking bar in Darwen centre.

If you do go to Manchester then visit the National Football Museum, it's great. If the missus let's you of course, as you're already getting two games in as it is....

haha, if we are going to manchester I'm pretty sure it will just be shopping or some rubbish!

If money isn't an issue then stay at Stanley House, built up by no,less than Mr Fred Walker, Jacks brother. Stunning scenery, fantastic restaurant and a separate beauty and general pampering area for the Mrs. Trust me she will feel like a queen and you will be in the good books for a very long time.

Bring transport and Ewood is a ten minute drive away and Bolton Wanderers about thirty minutes via the motorway junction nearby.

Premier Inn indeed!

Never forget the important rule, keep the other half happy and life is great, don't do so and life is hell on earth.

this one is winning it for me at the minute, being something to do with the walker family is the icing on the cake!

only problem is being in a van sort of stands out in a lovely place like that! wouldn't trust the missus morris minor to get us half the way!

Premier Inn indeed!

back to square one theres no rooms available on them dates!! think its closed on boxing day

If everything is full that you have tried, give Smithill's coaching House in Bolton a try. Handy for the away game at Bolton, but a nice place too. Restaurant complex is very good and not that far from Ewood either if you have your own transport for the Boro game.

Now you've said it, I don't know why I didn't recommend Darwen. Tower is a good walk, esp including Sunnyhurst Woods.

Good places to eat locally: Amalfi Lounge, Mello, Mangiamo's, Ocean Palace and that that's before you look at the usual 'out of blackburn' places.

Plus Bridgewater is a decent drinking bar in Darwen centre.

Hidden gem The Astley Bank, even the locals don't know about it!

Archived