BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Official: Paul Lambert Appointed Blackburn Rovers Manager

DE.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its going to look pretty embarrassing for both Lambert and Venkys if he turns up at his press conference tomorrow having not met them during the Easter period. Venkys won't be bothered in the slightest, but Lambert won't take it kindly at all.

For some reason they prefer to shroud everything in absolute secrecy which then leads to all sorts of rumours and speculation. I don't think its too much to ask for a short statement about when they met, who met who, where they met. maybe even a nice photograph of them all smiling around a table together. That might make me feel more comfortable about the situation. I'm not asking for a verbatim transcripts of the meeting, confidential documents, minutes, financial information or state secrets, just an indication that owners and manager are meeting, talking and singing from the same hymn sheet.

I have no faith in the Telegraph reporters to ask any questions beyond those that are handed to them on a sheet relating to football matters, so expect at best a couple of lines on the subject in Friday's Telegraph which will then give rise to another 3-4 months of speculation and rumour.

It already beings about speculation and rumour because everyone expects to be told about it, so when they aren't everyone goes into meltdown and when they are they speculate over the details.

I'm fairly certain, managers of other clubs will have regular meetings with their clubs hierarchy all the time and no one is the wiser. It's all standard stuff.

If they aren't signing from the same hymn sheet then Lambert probably won't be in charge for our next game.

It already beings about speculation and rumour because everyone expects to be told about it, so when they aren't everyone goes into meltdown and when they are they speculate over the details.

I'm fairly certain, managers of other clubs will have regular meetings with their clubs hierarchy all the time and no one is the wiser. It's all standard stuff.

If they aren't signing from the same hymn sheet then Lambert probably won't be in charge for our next game.

I think its just given the withdrawn and absent nature of our owners that the rare occasions they find time for Rovers we all hope there will be significant positive progress made. This meeting was 'bigged up' by Lambert for about a week before the Brentford game as 'the big one' where he would find out all he needed to know ahead of the summer. Therefore we are naturally anxious about the outcome as his next opportunity to speak directly to the bosses will likely be the summer given the bizarre way they run the club.

Whilst other clubs' owners and managers have regular meetings without this furore. that's because meetings are a normal part of club life. Here they aren't. Meetings between club staff and the top dogs are very rare and should be very important.

Lambert's just covering his back. Talking it up, putting pressure on venkys but giving himself a viable get out clause.

Yes, venkys are a special case but effectivley asking for pictorial evidence the meeting happened is a bit too much. It's not like they didn't meet with any previous managers and despite what tripe Bowyer or Kean spouted in the media after, no progress was made.

A picture of Lambert sat infront of an iPad skyping Bala Rao wouldn't look that great anyway.

Lambert's just covering his back. Talking it up, putting pressure on venkys but giving himself a viable get out clause.

Yes, venkys are a special case but effectivley asking for pictorial evidence the meeting happened is a bit too much. It's not like they didn't meet with any previous managers and despite what tripe Bowyer or Kean spouted in the media after, no progress was made.

A picture of Lambert sat infront of an iPad skyping Bala Rao wouldn't look that great anyway.

I've never asked for any pictorial evidence and it wasn't supposed to come across as a "demand". We should be demanding answers though. Even Wheelock has noticed now.

Its like JH has said. When Lambert is openly speaking out in the press what else are we supposed to do? Ignore it?

While results have, understandably, been up and down, performances since the closure of the January transfer window, allied with Lambert’s naked ambition, has given hope for the future.

Might be dressed slightly different on the sidelines from now on then Paul?

I've never asked for any pictorial evidence and it wasn't supposed to come across as a "demand". We should be demanding answers though. Even Wheelock has noticed now.

Its like JH has said. When Lambert is openly speaking out in the press what else are we supposed to do? Ignore it?

I didn't say you did ask, which is why i didn't reply to you.

It came across that way when i read it.

In Wheelock's article comments can someone please respond to that prat "Lord of the pies" on my behalf. What a load of borderline sociopathic, cruel, complete and utter rubbish.

Still waiting for a verification email from the LT not posted there in ages.

EDIT-I've verified now. What is it with Outlook and verification emails? Had to change to Gmail to register here as well

He's got a point Vinjay.

He's got a point in relation to not telling us their "investment plans" if he's referring to exact transfer fund.

More and more fans are asking for answers yet he tells Wheelock to "grow up" just for responding to it. How dare he tell people to "get over it". He sounds like a stereotypical "gruff northerner" though questioning harsh tone might seem hypocritical coming from me! I'm not that blunt though and would never tell anyone to "get over it".

Vinjay suffers from verbal diarrhea. Since he came back on he has dominated every thread and I for one am sick of seeing his name on every other post, often quoting Nixon :wstu: too.

Can the mods not find a way of restricting the number of posts per day he is allowed?

If I feel like quoting Nixon then I will do. Its like Amarillo said a while back "populist demagoguery" isn't a major concern to me. There's always a reason and you can't claim he hasn't been accurate about many things. The appointment of Lambert for instance.

Yes I've posted too much in past few days (though as I've said there were a few days there were a lot less) but there's a lot of things I haven't liked in the past. I'm just one individual on a forum and my concerns were generally directed at a whole host of things. You seem to have an issue with me beyond that. Moaning for instance because I said Shearer couldn't dribble like original Ronaldo.

In Wheelock's article comments can someone please respond to that prat "Lord of the pies" on my behalf. What a load of borderline sociopathic, cruel, complete and utter rubbish.

Still waiting for a verification email from the LT not posted there in ages.

EDIT-I've verified now. What is it with Outlook and verification emails? Had to change to Gmail to register here as well

You're pushing your luck with that sort of post.....

Archived