BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Official: Paul Lambert Appointed Blackburn Rovers Manager

DE.

Why is the volume always so low on audioboom, and can't be adjusted ? unless I'm missing something.

I couldn't hear most of that and it's the same every time.

There is something wrong with your equipment, by the sounds of it. I listened on my headphones and it was loud and clear.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The first five minutes of that interview were so depressing.

I think Lambert has clear frustrations and concerns.

Two things I thought enlightening - re Myers 'in due time, the story will start to unfold', hmmm and 'Rovers have had people who don't have a clue about football', scathing.

Sadly, I think the alarm bells are ringing and we may need to fasten our seat belts.

Two things I thought enlightening - re Myers 'in due time, the story will start to unfold', hmmm and 'Rovers have had people who don't have a clue about football', scathing.

Sadly, I think the alarm bells are ringing and we may need to fasten our seat belts.

Spot on there. That comment about people being there who don't have a clue about football was very scathing. He is certainly pulling no punches there and it seems like a type of I have nothing to lose here comment.

Thanks for the link Vinjay

He's just saying what we know isn't he? I mean we KNOW we had charlatans parading as football men?

The owners are yet to give an answer on direction and that's always been the case. It feels good to me to have an manager who feels and says the same things IMO.

If anything, this time that is our advantage. We are less likely for things to go wrong again with him in the seat because he knows what's needed.

If he leaves, I'll join you on fastening my proverbial seat belt.

"This club has had people who don't have a clue about football..."

"Things need to improve off the pitch..with communication...it has to"

"They need to speak to the fans and the media more...
"

"I went through the same thing at Aston Villa, and I won't do it again..."

"I haven't come here for mediocraty...it needs good players, big players... it costs money and investment to bring those players in"

"I don't want to go to list B..."

No interpretation required

"This club has had people who don't have a clue about football..."

"Things need to improve off the pitch..with communication...it has to"

"They need to speak to the fans and the media more..."

"I went through the same thing at Aston Villa, and I won't do it again..."

"I haven't come here for mediocraty...it needs good players, big players... it costs money and investment to bring those players in"

"I don't want to go to list B..."

No interpretation required

Hi can't be any clearer really can he? Like I have already posted, I think he will walk pretty soon unless he gets some from of assurances from the owners. This is pretty serious stuff!

Thanks for the link Vinjay

He's just saying what we know isn't he? I mean we KNOW we had charlatans parading as football men?

The owners are yet to give an answer on direction and that's always been the case. It feels good to me to have an manager who feels and says the same things IMO.

If anything, this time that is our advantage. We are less likely for things to go wrong again with him in the seat because he knows what's needed.

If he leaves, I'll join you on fastening my proverbial seat belt.

TBH, taken aback by the first part of the interview. Extremely forthright which is good from the fans' perspective, however, I would not want an employee of mine making such comments in the public domain; as some have said in earlier posts, there seems something of a 'f*** it' attitude.

Unless I'm mistaken, I thought Lambert planned to meet with the owners during the international break in order to plot next season's course ?

At the end of the day, this is all about money and whether our owners are prepared to give it a real go next season. As I flagged in the 'Accounts' thread, the issue of 1,085,000 £1 shares by VLL in mid Feb (timing and amount) could mean we are too close to a cash crisis for comfort.

Hi can't be any clearer really can he? Like I have already posted, I think he will walk pretty soon unless he gets some from of assurances from the owners. This is pretty serious stuff!

Thats the only conclusion you can draw from that.

Do they not have telephones in Pune? There should be a weekly conference call between them at the very least. At best PL 'hopes' to meet with them in the next 2 weeks. Unbelievable situation!

They are publicly disrespecting Lambert.

Oh dear oh dear.

I'm up there with Lamberts biggest fans and think he could do wonders for us, including promotion back to the premier league, eventually. Very worrying.

I hope that Lambert gets what he wants, stays and turns the whole thing around. If he does end up going, I have a feeling we may get a warts and all departing that the fans have deserved for so long. Let's hope it doesn't come to that though!

Thats the only conclusion you can draw from that.

Do they not have telephones in Pune? There should be a weekly conference call between them at the very least. At best PL 'hopes' to meet with them in the next 2 weeks. Unbelievable situation!

They are publicly disrespecting Lambert.

Its an absolute insult and hopefully there will be a few chants aimed at Venkys this weekend. Or certainly several chants in support of Lambert.

Appoint a guy and publicly disrespect him. The Venky way. :rolleyes:

He was certainly very direct towards the owners and the "people at this club who didn't have a clue about football" can be interpreted in different ways. Its quite likely he meant Singh (considering his profile was higher nationally than Agnew) and possibly Shaw though there was no public indication of any issues between them. Of course that quote would apply to Venkys as well (and certainly Kean though I don't think Lambert is targeting any specific managers tho seemingly took a few digs at Bowyer earlier) but would he be THAT blunt to say it out loud?

• Moderation Lead

Didn't sound good didn't that interview tbh, and I'm usually of a sunny disposition! Like I said, those swines in Pune are unpredictable, it's a wait and see job, however unpalatable or unthinkable that is...

I was embarrassed listening to that.

Here is a proper football man having to front up for departed Directors and absent owners. Fielding questions about club debt, wage bills and all kinds of non football related stuff.

No clue of his budget, no clue when he's going to meet the owners, no executive support, no board to speak of. The unprofessionalism is beyond belief. This club is not, in any way, set up to progress.

Five years on and it is still a bloody disgrace.

• Backroom

Lambert is quickly coming to realise the club is a farce and the owners about as reliable as Jason Roberts in a one on one. Quite a change in tone from his first few interviews.

That's what happens when you hire a manager with ambitions and a will to succeed.

Venky's are used to plucking managers from obscurity who are grateful and undemanding.

Lambert's copybook might have taken a blotting at Villa, but I've no doubt he has the self-respect to walk if Venky's @#/? him around.

Think it was reported in some quarters that Lambert & Co appointed because V's really thought there was a chance of promotion through the play-offs this season.

Perhaps their world has come tumbling down !

Lambert is quickly coming to realise the club is a farce and the owners about as reliable as Jason Roberts in a one on one. Quite a change in tone from his first few interviews.

Roberts was reliable in a one on one, just not in a positive way.

I hope we get a replacement for Myers in quickly, its not right we go back to a situation where the manager is being asked about club finances. Surely since Myers is on the way out, Cheston should at least make some kind of statement?

I was embarrassed listening to that.

Here is a proper football man having to front up for departed Directors and absent owners. Fielding questions about club debt, wage bills and all kinds of non football related stuff.

No clue of his budget, no clue when he's going to meet the owners, no executive support, no board to speak of. The unprofessionalism is beyond belief. This club is not, in any way, set up to progress.

Five years on and it is still a bloody disgrace.

Makes you wonder why they brought him in in the first place.

Did they really think that somebody could come in and immediately get promotion this season? If they did then, firstly, they are idiots and, secondly, they were basically holding our heads under the water by keeping Bowyer or, alternative secondly, they are clueless idiots.

Let's hope that they did/do have a long term plan but if they do then the signs are, worryingly, that the manager isn't being told what those plans are.

I'm not convinced that his scathing remarks are about Myers though and his departure suggests to me at least that he was just as in the dark as Lambert. A critical next few weeks as there is still a chance that the wheels could fall off even this season.

Archived