BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Official: Paul Lambert Appointed Blackburn Rovers Manager

DE.

If Lambert did not know the extent of Rovers problems then he does now. The trouble is that there is a danger that he will paint himself into a corner with his comments making his departure inevitable.

Venky will not like being called to account in public, Paul Hunt found out the hard way when a letter was leaked. Similarly Lambert holds all of the cards from a football perspective and will walk into another job tomorrow. His comments have got the fan base riled up and it's us who will suffer. Lambert must look over at what happened to Lennon at Bolton and be thinking 'that ain't happening to me'.

I'm trying to think of a way that this ends well. The only scenario I can see is if they back the man they brought in. The trouble is that the more public he goes in trying to force the issue, the more likely Venkys' pride and attempts to avoid loss of face will kick in. They won't want to be seen to be kowtowing to anyone. At the other end of the spectrum is the lack of cash and FFP hanging over our heads if we spend any.

On a more minor note at the current time, this will need to be resolved one way or another before releasing season ticket details.

If Venkys acted like even moderately competent business people, they wouldn't have to get called out in public. They need to realise THEY ARE THE PROBLEM HERE.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's no point really doing a poll as some people have suggested. We all know what the vast majority result would be. Polls are only relevant when there's mixed opinions.

The five men in control at Ewood since Venkys took over - Williams, Finn, Hunt, Shaw, Myers.

Four resigned, one sacked.

Could certainly make a case for Singh as well. One thing I'll say about him reckon he was better than Shaw and Agnew...for what little that's worth. Did play a part in getting rid of Kean after all. Total buffoon, self interested yes but for the latter NOT as much as Shaw and Agnew. As I say though not worth much.

Could make a case for Agnew as well during that ridiculous "power struggle" standing side by side with Shaw. At least "power struggles" in football actually involves competent executives in some cases. Fact it was a bunch of clowns makes it even more embarrassing. At least if it was some real "big hitters" it would have saved face a bit!

. Who knows how Venkys see it though!

wonder what odds are on Lambart being sacked in India?

crafty million at say 33/1 ...?

Don't think anyone knows how these clowns see it.

But it's a huge concern.. Reckon the FD Mr Chesterton is going to have to put some hours in unless silent bob does a hour or two..

The soap opera continues

soap opera? more like graphic horror series

If Venkys acted like even moderately competent business people, they wouldn't have to get called out in public. They need to realise THEY ARE THE PROBLEM HERE.

You are right. What they need to realise, to solve the problem, is that they need a competent chairman who can make decisions within a budget. This will bridge the gap between the need for very regular comms between manager and board and the more formal, less frequent comms between board and owners. Putting the football manager in that role does not work, neither would having administrators who are likely to respond to questions from the manager with a shrug and "I don't know".

If it is an April fool its not funny, Kamy enjoys his so called ITK status far too much for my liking.

Kamy has gone down in my estimations a lot in recent times (he used to be a brilliant contributor).

But if this is some dumb April Fool's joke, it's a new low.

Kamy has gone down in my estimations a lot in recent times (he used to be a brilliant contributor).

But if this is some dumb April Fool's joke, it's a new low.

I think a lot of his tweets come across very bitter and it almost seems like he wants to the club to lose/fail at times, very strange attitude.

Still think this could be much ado about nothing (or at least not much). Lambert won't walk until he knows for certain that investment isn't coming. He'll do it in June earliest if he's going to.

Venkys have always been tortuously slow in communication but they'll have sat down with him by then. As has been said, whoever got Lambert in knows his stuff and has their ear. And another consideration that hasn't been mentioned in a while is the complete folly of announcing to the football world that you have money to spend. So I wouldn't expect Venkys to do that whether they intend to spend or not.

I'm with SKH here. I think it'll be fine. I don't think anything has been agreed in terms of budget, but am sure it's because PL want's to get a few signed on pre-contract agreements (i.e. Graham) before the vultures begin to circle.

Blind optimism from me I'm sure! :tu:

I think Lambert has reached or is reaching ultimatum time for the owners. I think he's horrified at the lack of communication, the shambolic way the club is operated and the direction of the club since he arrived in November and now realises that surgery needs to go above and beyond strengthening the playing staff. To an outsider looking in all this club needed was a healthy summer transfer budget to have a good chance of competing for promotion. Once on the inside and the shambles becomes clear its obvious more is needed to progress. He must have known when getting the job that the executive staff of Myers and Shaw were out of the loop and powerless as they played no part in Bowyer's sacking or Lambert's appointment, but he still seems very surprised by just how poor the lines of communication are.

I think that Lambert is basically giving the owners some time here. I think he's making clear his demands and giving them a bit more time to sort it out. Saying that he fully expects/demands clarification to his concerns and expects to see steps taken towards appointing a replacement for Myers & Shaw, and if he doesn't get that in the next 'couple of weeks' then he won't be hanging around. If he doesn't get what he wants after waiting for a few more weeks then he'll probably decide its either too late or they aren't serious about backing him/going for promotion so there's no point.

What I find perplexing is the role of Sohail Pascha. This bloke has by most accounts had a hands on role at Rovers and has spent a lot of time around the club this season. He is a long term respected Venkys advisor. He clearly holds significant sway with the owners as he was the one who recommended sacking Bowyer and oversaw the swift, decisive and popular appointment of Lambert and his staff, so what is he doing now? Has he been sidelined? Someone on here said he had been in Blackburn in the last week or so, so surely he can be the middle man with the owners, at least in the interim? It just makes no sense for Venkys to rely so much on his advice and then not continue to follow it.

whilst totally 1000000% agreeing with lambart my only thing is ,if he is genuinely surprised at how the lunes work then, is he naïve or an ostrich because everyone and anyone who knows footy know venkys are clueless.

I think Lambert has reached or is reaching ultimatum time for the owners. I think he's horrified at the lack of communication, the shambolic way the club is operated and the direction of the club since he arrived in November and now realises that surgery needs to go above and beyond strengthening the playing staff. To an outsider looking in all this club needed was a healthy summer transfer budget to have a good chance of competing for promotion. Once on the inside and the shambles becomes clear its obvious more is needed to progress. He must have known when getting the job that the executive staff of Myers and Shaw were out of the loop and powerless as they played no part in Bowyer's sacking or Lambert's appointment, but he still seems very surprised by just how poor the lines of communication are.

I think that Lambert is basically giving the owners some time here. I think he's making clear his demands and giving them a bit more time to sort it out. Saying that he fully expects/demands clarification to his concerns and expects to see steps taken towards appointing a replacement for Myers & Shaw, and if he doesn't get that in the next 'couple of weeks' then he won't be hanging around. If he doesn't get what he wants after waiting for a few more weeks then he'll probably decide its either too late or they aren't serious about backing him/going for promotion so there's no point.

What I find perplexing is the role of Sohail Pascha. This bloke has by most accounts had a hands on role at Rovers and has spent a lot of time around the club this season. He is a long term respected Venkys advisor. He clearly holds significant sway with the owners as he was the one who recommended sacking Bowyer and oversaw the swift, decisive and popular appointment of Lambert and his staff, so what is he doing now? Has he been sidelined? Someone on here said he had been in Blackburn in the last week or so, so surely he can be the middle man with the owners, at least in the interim? It just makes no sense for Venkys to rely so much on his advice and then not continue to follow it.

Well my heart sank when I read PL's quotes This does sound like an ultimatum and it would certainly provide PL with a respectable exit.

Well my heart sank when I read PL's quotes This does sound like an ultimatum and it would certainly provide PL with a respectable exit.

Same here, he also has to think of himself and his name. He came here after the Villa debacle and hasn't exactly worked miracles so his name around the game won't have exactly improved much but having worked for venkys his performance won't be judged too harshly. Can't help but think him watching Guardiola training methods during his sabbatical may have been better spent watching motivators on a budget for this job like John Coleman and Sean Dyche.

I've raised the same question. It's beyond bizarre that their confidant/man on the ground at Ewood isn't communicating with Lambert even on a basic level and keep PL sweet until a meeting is arranged.

Archived