BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Official: Paul Lambert Appointed Blackburn Rovers Manager

DE.

• Backroom

What the hell has it got to do with you why I don't post after a victory?

I was delighted when Lambert was appointed and hoped he would prove to be the manager he was at Norwich not the one at Villa. I think it's proved to be more of the latter than former thus far, and think that we are heading completely in the wrong direction by filling the team with loanees.

As for replacing Rhodes with a loanee that probably won't be here next season, yeah that's a real masterstroke and he doesn't even seem aware whether any of the proceeds will be available for rebuilding next season. Genius. If we'd sold players whilst we were under embargo people would have been in uproar and this is little different.

I must confess, it does make me wonder what your motivation is for following the club if you are unwilling to celebrate the little victories while magnifying the losses.

If you expected Lambert to turn the squad we had into promotion candidates immediately, it would make me question your judgement on football as a whole. Miracles can happen, but they shouldn't be expected.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing,just hard to give you any credibility when you seem to enjoy when we lose.No balance to your posting when you are nowhere to be seen after a victory.On Danny Graham,you said he was s**t when we signed him but after his performances you can't even admit that you wer wrong.Il agree with you on the loan signings if no money is spent in the summer,as I thought the whole point of not spending on cash transfers in January was to make sure we kept within FFP and wouldn't be embargoed again in the summer.None of us know what will or won't be spent in the summer

I was delighted when Lambert was appointed and hoped he would prove to be the manager he was at Norwich not the one at Villa. I think it's proved to be more of the latter than former thus far, and think that we are heading completely in the wrong direction by filling the team with loanees.

As for replacing Rhodes with a loanee that probably won't be here next season, yeah that's a real masterstroke and he doesn't even seem aware whether any of the proceeds will be available for rebuilding next season. Genius. If we'd sold players whilst we were under embargo people would have been in uproar and this is little different.

As much as I agree about not replacing Rhodes (and even selling him), Lambert has had a January transfer window - including a player leaving on deadline day. Give him a Summer window and a pre-season before trying to judge Lambert's abilities or potential for this club.

I just hope that we start next season in the Championship with Lambert still here.

Nothing,just hard to give you any credibility when you seem to enjoy when we lose.No balance to your posting when you are nowhere to be seen after a victory.On Danny Graham,you said he was s**t when we signed him but after his performances you can't even admit that you wer wrong.Il agree with you on the loan signings if no money is spent in the summer,as I thought the whole point of not spending on cash transfers in January was to make sure we kept within FFP and wouldn't be embargoed again in the summer.None of us know what will or won't be spent in the summer

I appreciate the point you make about keeping within FFP rules this season but it was pointless selling Rhodes at that point of the transfer window when the money couldn't be reinvested and the noises coming from Lambert recently would not point to much money being available in summer.

I must confess, it does make me wonder what your motivation is for following the club if you are unwilling to celebrate the little victories while magnifying the losses.

If you expected Lambert to turn the squad we had into promotion candidates immediately, it would make me question your judgement on football as a whole. Miracles can happen, but they shouldn't be expected.

You'll not find a bigger Rover than Rev, I don't agree with his criticism of Lambert, maybe he's had to much sun, but his motivation is wanting the best for the club, I'm sure about that.

I appreciate the point you make about keeping within FFP rules this season but it was pointless selling Rhodes at that point of the transfer window when the money couldn't be reinvested and the noises coming from Lambert recently would not point to much money being available in summer.

It was probably the best offer we wer going to get for Rhodes though,if we had waited until summer I doubt we would have received as good an offer,it was best for both parties he moved on.Rhodes wanted to leave and Lambert wanted to move him on.Rhodes good movement in the box and excellent finisher but he was never going to fit in with the style Lambert wants to play.The season was over for us when he left anyway,imo,we wer never going down and barring a miracle we wer never going to reach the play-offs

You'll not find a bigger Rover than Rev, I don't agree with his criticism of Lambert, maybe he's had to much sun, but his motivation is wanting the best for the club, I'm sure about that.

Thank you Gav. I do think people are judging Lambert based largely on his past reputation from two jobs ago rather on what we're seeing at present but who knows everything might just be part of a long term masterplan to invest heavily in the squad in summer as part of an all out push for promotion.

A summer window spending what? If anyone thinks they will give him significant funds needs to have a spin in a tumble drier

A Summer window spending Venkys money on his targets. If he doesn't get that then he will walk. That will answer the question as to where we are under Venkys [post-Kean-cohort era].

• Backroom

Thank you Gav. I do think people are judging Lambert based largely on his past reputation from two jobs ago rather on what we're seeing at present but who knows everything might just be part of a long term masterplan to invest heavily in the squad in summer as part of an all out push for promotion.

I think for the time being he has to be given the benefit of the doubt, though I also expected a little more improvement. Some of these players are truly awful though, and I don't think anybody we could realistically have attracted could get much more out of the likes of Akpan, Spurr, Henley, Brown and so on. We really have been lumbered with some crap over the last year especially.

Assuming Lambert is given funds and is still here at the start of next season, I imagine most people will be expecting a significant improvement.

I do wonder about you Rev. The difference between the quality of play between Bowyers team and Lamberts is night and day to me. He's sold Rhodes and you hate him for it. Isn't that the truth?

• Backroom

I think for the time being he has to be given the benefit of the doubt, though I also expected a little more improvement. Some of these players are truly awful though, and I don't think anybody we could realistically have attracted could get much more out of the likes of Akpan, Spurr, Henley, Brown and so on. We really have been lumbered with some crap over the last year especially.

Assuming Lambert is given funds and is still here at the start of next season, I imagine most people will be expecting a significant improvement.

Absolutely. Just having Lambert here and seeing the changes he's made, I'm expecting a playoff spot next season IF

1. He gets some sort of funding (I'm thinking Rhodes money at minimum).

2. He's allowed control over WHO that money is spent on.

I do wonder about you Rev. The difference between the quality of play between Bowyers team and Lamberts is night and day to me. He's sold Rhodes and you hate him for it. Isn't that the truth?

I don't hate him for it but I don't think it was the right thing to do and ultimately he will be judged on the sale and who if anyone is eventually brought in to replace Rhodes.

you don't sell your best players IMO and we're now treated to that lummox Brown being a regular part of the team and squad as a result. As for the style of play I'll have to beg to differ. We're even less attractive to watch than we were under Bowyer imo and whilst that wouldn't matter in the slightest if we were grinding out results we're not doing that either.

I don't hate him for it but I don't think it was the right thing to do and ultimately he will be judged on the sale and who if anyone is eventually brought in to replace Rhodes.

you don't sell your best players IMO and we're now treated to that lummox Brown being a regular part of the team and squad as a result. As for the style of play I'll have to beg to differ. We're even less attractive to watch than we were under Bowyer imo and whilst that wouldn't matter in the slightest if we were grinding out results we're not doing that either.

Confirmation of what I said in my last post Rev.

There's no point in engaging in an argument, except to say that I pretty much disagree with everything there.

Come on Simon, Brentford away was the archetypal 'ground out result'. Mind you, I wouldn't know your opinion on that as I don't remember you commenting after that game.

Today was poor, no doubt about it, but 11 v 11 I believe we win comfortably, I think we're losing sight of that.

Sick and tired of hearing about Rhodes.

IMV, we've 'stole' £millions from M'boro just as Huddersfied did from us.

In a top two side with far better players than us, he's scored just two, IMV, flukey goals in 10 appearances. I think he's football's equivalent of a cricketing 'flat track bully' with neither the bottle nor ability to hack it where and when it really matters - think Strachan has read the script.

As I've said before, I think Lambert has shown real balls with his decision making and we have a real manager for the first time since Big Sam. Just wtf he was meant to do in the Jan. window, with one arm tied behind his back, is beyond me.

Sadly, I think Lambert will be off much sooner than many expect and when he's replaced with a no mark, it will give one or two on here something to really moan about.

I can't believe you find the football worse than under Bowyer. It's still not what I'd like it to be, but it's miles away from what we watched last season.

Sadly, I think Lambert will be off much sooner than many expect and when he's replaced with a no mark, it will give one or two on here something to really moan about.

By that remark are you predicting he will quickly walk out or be sacked? I don't see either being the case unless he either lands a better job or the big bail out by the owners occurs in summer the latter of which I have to admit seems eminently plausible..

Worth noting no-one thought an experienced man would ever be brought in before Bowyer was sacked so maybe if Lambert left we wouldn't neccesarily end up with a "no mark".Lambert and Rovers strike me as a marriage of inconvenience. A last ditch desperate roll of the dice at getting into the play offs by us and a short term attempt by him to get some results to restore his damaged reputation and use us a quick stepping stone to a better job. A move that hasn't worked out particularly well so far for either party.

Lambert is building the foundations for a promotion next season. this take time and was never going to be over 6 months period and not with the squad he inherited when he took over. The squad wasn't good enough for a promotion push.

since Lambert has took over, we have seen the style of play and formation Lambert wants us to play, The players are much fitter and they are doing longer training sessions and being challenge more. Lambert has demanded a much higher fitness levels than we had before(past 5 years).

Rev, Like I said weeks before Rhodes was sold, That's he didn't suit Lambert style of play or his type of main striker like we have seen since we signed Graham. I fully expected Danny Graham to sign permanent here in the summer as I do with Tony Watt.

Rev, do you not agree that Rhodes was never a Lambert's type of main striker like we have in Danny Graham?

I do wonder about you Rev. The difference between the quality of play between Bowyers team and Lamberts is night and day to me.

I agree Den. Lambert today had a plan B in the second half and even a plan C, we would never had seen that with Bowyer.

Absolutely. Just having Lambert here and seeing the changes he's made, I'm expecting a playoff spot next season IF

1. He gets some sort of funding (I'm thinking Rhodes money at minimum).

2. He's allowed control over WHO that money is spent on.

Next season if Lambert is still here I'm expecting top 6.

Lambert is building the foundations for a promotion next season. this take time and was never going to be over 6 months period and not with the squad he inherited when he took over. The squad wasn't good enough for a promotion push.

Lambert might be building the foundations but Venky's are destroying them, like Nidhogg gnawing the roots of Yggdrasil.

By that remark are you predicting he will quickly walk out or be sacked? I don't see either being the case unless he either lands a better job or the big bail out by the owners occurs in summer the latter of which I have to admit seems eminently plausible..

I think our club is in a state of turmoil.

The Myers' issue to me is akin to an iceberg - the worry is what isn't seen (or heard in this instance). Lambert, IMO, in a frustrated and depressing Radio Lancashire interview said about Myers 'there is a story to unfold/unfurl' - I don't buy this as a straightforward resignation with Myers seeking a new challenge.

We saw VLL issue 1,085,000 £1 shares on 15 Feb., presumably to prop up Rovers financially as other recent share issues through VLL appear to have been. Both the timing and relatively small value (<1% of VLL's issued share capital) has alarm bells ringing to me.

I think V's have decided on their future direction for Rovers and I get the feeling it is not where either Myers or Lambert wanted to go.

I fear where Rovers are going now and feel anything could happen - the big surprise to me would be if nothing did happen!

All the noises lambert is making suggests it's; do things properly (investment and club structure) or I'm off!

Therefore I'm expecting lambert to walk... Which in my view will be an absolute travesty... If that happens (sadly) I'm not sure I could get a season ticket again.. Iv been taking my sons since they were 2years old and we've only missed the occasional home game (cup) so not sure what we would do when our rovers are playing...

But not sure what else we can do to show the venks of our disapproval

The way Venkys are conducting themselves Lambert might conclude he's better off out of it, regardless of funding. They are being obstructive and completely disrespectful to EVERYONE at the Club.

But I'm with Mercerman on this. Something has changed, there's a cash flow crisis looming and I think we are seeing Venkys disengaging with the Club. We are going to be left to wither on the vine. They are incapable and frankly lack the finances to turn us round.

Strap yourselves in for the End Game.

• Backroom

The way Venkys are conducting themselves Lambert might conclude he's better off out of it, regardless of funding. They are being obstructive and completely disrespectful to EVERYONE at the Club.

But I'm with Mercerman on this. Something has changed, there's a cash flow crisis looming and I think we are seeing Venkys disengaging with the Club. We are going to be left to wither on the vine. They are incapable and frankly lack the finances to turn us round.

Strap yourselves in for the End Game.

If true, then Lambert was basically hired as one last attempt THIS season to get promoted.

Archived