BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Official: Paul Lambert Appointed Blackburn Rovers Manager

DE.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Latest quote at the bottom stands out again. 'There's loads. Absolutely loads, that need's to be rectified here'.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/14399609.Blackburn_Rovers_boss_Paul_Lambert_praises_Tony_Watt_s_attitude___and_backs_striker_to_fulfil_potential/

His frustration at not being able to get things done within the club is becoming more and more clear.

In every interview he is getting across that unless things change he is in an impossible position.

Worrying times

• Backroom

It's worrying BIT it occurred to me this morning that (as wrong as Venkys silence on this is), maybe they're just going to sign off all his deals without argument?

They've never once said no to a signing before, have they?

Lambert has been voicing his concerns for a while now and his voice through the press is getting louder and louder so it should be loud enough to be heard in Pune by those 3 idiots hopefully.

What Venkys probably haven't grasped yet is we have a proper manager at the helm, someone who's forgotten more about football than those 3 stooges will ever know and he can see whats required, if they don't make that happen I hope he shows some class and just walks, forget the payoffs, just walk away.

I still maintain that this club cannot move forward until Venkys leave, give me a 'Bolton situation' any day over them fools 'running' this great club of ours.

Venkys Out

It is absolutely bizarre that the one of the venkys or even just a representative cant take a few minutes out of their day just to call Lambert and to tell him where things stand, normally at any other club you'd probably be right to assume that the owners are hiding something, but in the case of the venkys that could be far from the truth(maybe they're diggin down the back of the sofa looking for Nixons mythical 50 mill as we speak)

What Venkys probably haven't grasped yet is..........that this club cannot move forward until Venkys leave, give me a 'Bolton situation' any day over them fools 'running' this great club of ours.

Venkys Out

100%

Amen Brother Gav

Same thing happened before Bowyer was potted....Ominous silence. Lets just hope the Venkys are not getting trigger happy again. Weren`t their expectations the playoffs this season?.

That's my worry, Bowyer had an Indian trip and meetings over here cancelled seemingly without explanation. He hadn't a clue what was going on and I commented at the time his body language didn't seem right.

They seem to be following the same path again and I'm convinced that the finance guys at our end and theirs are basically running the club.

I think he's re-built his reputation enough in his time at Rovers to be attractive to other clubs at our level and a fair bit higher up the food chain. He's not back to where he was pre Villa but he's heading in the right direction.

Has he, why? He keeps saying the right things but the team keeps failing to perform. I'd say his performance has been extremely disappointing whilst he's been here, and he's carried on rather more in Villa vein than Norwich vein.

Half term report for Lambert today. Been in charge exactly half a season - 23 games for 29 points. Slightly better than Bowyer but not by much and very disappointing to say he was allowed to bring in SEVEN players from January onwards.

Has he, why? He keeps saying the right things but the team keeps failing to perform. I'd say his performance has been extremely disappointing whilst he's been here, and he's carried on rather more in Villa vein than Norwich vein.

Half term report for Lambert today. Been in charge exactly half a season - 23 games for 29 points. Slightly better than Bowyer but not by much and very disappointing to say he was allowed to bring in SEVEN players from January onwards.

What did you realistically expect and who do you actually think might have come in and with the same restrictions have done a significantly better job? Not saying nobody would or could but remember theyd have to work with no boardroom structure that other managers might expect.

You are obviously not following very carefully.

Rovers exited a ban on transfers but only just which meant that the books had to be balanced exactly on his outgoings transfer fees and wages spent with his incomings transfer fees and wages saved.

That he did then at the end of the window Rhodes went which means a big pot for summer.

Besides that, there are undoubtedly points here and there in the 29 points he has accumulated (Bowyer only got 17) which Bowyer's tactics would never have got.

You are obviously not following very carefully.

Rovers exited a ban on transfers but only just which meant that the books had to be balanced exactly on his outgoings transfer fees and wages spent with his incomings transfer fees and wages saved.

That he did then at the end of the window Rhodes went which means a big pot for summer.

Besides that, there are undoubtedly points here and there in the 29 points he has accumulated (Bowyer only got 17) which Bowyer's tactics would never have got.

He obviously just doesn't rate Lambert so I wouldn't waste your breath even though everything you said is correct.I actually believe Rev is happy when we lose he only posts when we do.He was nowhere to be seen when we beat boro at home,brushed Birmingham aside at home...in fact he is never on here when we win.

What did you realistically expect and who do you actually think might have come in and with the same restrictions have done a significantly better job? Not saying nobody would or could but remember theyd have to work with no boardroom structure that other managers might expect.

I addressed the "What did I expect?" point above. expected him to do MUCH better and deliver a bit of a tilt at getting into the playoffs. Let's not completely rewrite history, when he was appointed with 30 games of the season left a haul of 60 point would no doubt have seen us make the playoffs. Indeed after a decent run during his honeymoon period a win against Forest at home would have seen us move one point off the pace.

Now that was more unlikely than likely and I'm not going to judge him on the basis he failed to get us into the playoffs. He hasn't come within a million miles of delivering a challenge though and that is more worrying. As is the failure to deliver any particular improvement on the fare we witnessed under Bowyer despite being allowed to bring in almost a complete team of his own.

He obviously just doesn't rate Lambert so I wouldn't waste your breath even though everything you said is correct.I actually believe Rev is happy when we lose he only posts when we do.He was nowhere to be seen when we beat boro at home,brushed Birmingham aside at home...in fact he is never on here when we win.

We also saw the occasional good result under Bowyer leading us to falsely believe the corner had been turned and the pattern is exactly the same under Lambert. We beat Boro and Birmingham sure (and MK Dons) but we've lost at home to Brighton, Hull, Leeds and Preston since Christmas as well.

I addressed the "What did I expect?" point above. expected him to do MUCH better and deliver a bit of a tilt at getting into the playoffs. Let's not completely rewrite history, when he was appointed with 30 games of the season left a haul of 60 point would no doubt have seen us make the playoffs. Indeed after a decent run during his honeymoon period a win against Forest at home would have seen us move one point off the pace.

Now that was more unlikely than likely and I'm not going to judge him on the basis he failed to get us into the playoffs. He hasn't come within a million miles of delivering a challenge though and that is more worrying. As is the failure to deliver any particular improvement on the fare we witnessed under Bowyer despite being allowed to bring in almost a complete team of his own.

Why don't you post after a victory?Lambert has a hard job here it can't be changed overnight.Yes we haven't been consistent enough,but our style of play has improved since the end of January.You wer nowhere to be seen when we won 4 games in a row at home that wouldn't have happened under bowyer.I would genuinely like to know why you never post after a victory or good performance?Surely as a rovers fan you should be happy when we win?Seems to me that you just want to proven right that Lambert isn't a good manager,that selling Rhodes was a mistake and that Danny Graham is a poor player

What the hell has it got to do with you why I don't post after a victory?

I was delighted when Lambert was appointed and hoped he would prove to be the manager he was at Norwich not the one at Villa. I think it's proved to be more of the latter than former thus far, and think that we are heading completely in the wrong direction by filling the team with loanees.

As for replacing Rhodes with a loanee that probably won't be here next season, yeah that's a real masterstroke and he doesn't even seem aware whether any of the proceeds will be available for rebuilding next season. Genius. If we'd sold players whilst we were under embargo people would have been in uproar and this is little different.

What the hell has it got to do with you why I don't post after a victory?

I was delighted when Lambert was appointed and hoped he would prove to be the manager he was at Norwich not the one at Villa. I think it's proved to be more of the latter than former thus far, and think that we are heading completely in the wrong direction by filling the team with loanees.

As for replacing Rhodes with a loanee that probably won't be here next season, yeah that's a real masterstroke and he doesn't even seem aware whether any of the proceeds will be available for rebuilding next season. Genius. If we'd sold players whilst we were under embargo people would have been in uproar and this is little different.

Venkys have created this mess and almost destroyed the club we love, Paul Lambert is trying to salvage a dire situation with one hand tied behind his back.

Nothing good will ever come on Venkys ownership, its about time people realised that.

Archived