BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Official: Paul Lambert Appointed Blackburn Rovers Manager

DE.

Well you got a reaction! The MeerKat approves!

If there is genuine interest in someone of this calibre, presumably the transfer money PL needs will follow? That would mean a really serious attempt at redemption. Dare I hope?

Do not trust or hope, it has forsaken this club!

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it possible, and I'm just throwing this out there, that the reason Venky's are stalling is precisely because they're looking to get a new CEO in place first? No point making promises and expectations to the manager before the new man has had a chance to assess the situation? That's the best I got.

Its not an outrageous possibility Amo. But why in Gods name are they not communicating this with Lambert?

They can't just play this game in their heads, they need to share the vision with the people that count and surely Lambert is one, if not THE one.

If Lambert walks before they make their next move more chaos will prevail and no progress will be made.

Actually sounds like Classic Venkys...

Its not an outrageous possibility Amo. But why in Gods name are they not communicating this with Lambert?

They can't just play this game in their heads, they need to share the vision with the people that count and surely Lambert is one, if not THE one.

If Lambert walks before they make their next move more chaos will prevail and no progress will be made.

Actually sounds like Classic Venkys...

Nail on head!!

Seemed like a fair question Rev, something I too have recently noticed. You never used to have that MO mate.

Hi USA. I'm slightly bemused by the obsession of a couple of posters as to when I do and don't post. I didn't realise it was obligatory to post after every game indeed, on occasion in the past when I've been on here a lot certain other people who I haven't agreed with (Nixon etc) have accused me of being a sad sack who needs to get a life etc. Damned if you do damned if you don't it seems.

Have to admit I'm totally in despair at what's going on. I was really excited when Lambert came and saw it as a last chance to pull the Club round. I don't think he's performed at all and I think we're heading in completely the wrong direction long term on the pitch with loanees coming in and barely any players under long term contract going forward. Come July 1st we won't have a single striker at the Club. Off the pitch I think all the signs are that from the owners point of view the appointment of Lambert may have been a last desperate roll of the dice which hasn't come off and I am fearful of what will happen in summer.

If I'm wrong with either of the above and of course I hope I am proved completely wrong on both counts then shoot me. I don't see the point in coming on here every single minute of every day irritating everyone by moaning but by the same token I don't see the point in coming on here waxing lyrical about the occasional victory sandwiched either side of 2 defeats either. If we were to put a decent run of results together I would have a totally different perspective. Take Lambert's initial "honeymoon" period out and I think I'm correct in saying his record is 18 points from the last 18 games, no better than Bowyer.

I realise I'm in the minority by not thinking things are on the upturn under Lambert so let's see how things pan out. I suppose on the upside I will be one of the few who won't be swinging from the nearest tree should Lambert depart imminently as Mercer predicts AS LONG AS he is replaced by a manager of equivalent experience. All things being equal and assuming we don't go bust in summer I don't think this will be the case though and I think he will be here for some time yet. He hasn't done badly enough to be sacked nor well enough to fully restore his tarnished reputation and be headhunted by another Club imo. Whilst I also think he has been poor so far if the financial situation allows he deserves a summer and full preseason with at least the Rhodes money to invest in the squad before we can finally judge where we're at. Like I say, I don't like anything I am seeing at the moment either on or off the pitch myself, but I might be wrong. It doesn't happen often but it has been known.

;):)

Where would Lambert get a better job if he were to walk out ? He's damaged goods as a manager after his time at Villa and he won't get a Premier League job anytime soon. Admittedly he could walk away on a point of principle because he's already a multmillionaire and presumably doesn't need the money but he obviously still has ambitions to be a successful manager and walking out on Rovers won't help his already tarnished CV. No reasonable sized Championship club would touch him, and he wasn't exactly inundated with offers after he left Villa. My guess is he's not happy at the moment because of the Myers thing but there's no way he'll resign because he needs to make some sort of success at Rovers for the sake of his career. Having said all that I agree with those who've been disappointed with his tenure so far.

Where would Lambert get a better job if he were to walk out ? He's damaged goods as a manager after his time at Villa and he won't get a Premier League job anytime soon. Admittedly he could walk away on a point of principle because he's already a multmillionaire and presumably doesn't need the money but he obviously still has ambitions to be a successful manager and walking out on Rovers won't help his already tarnished CV. No reasonable sized Championship club would touch him, and he wasn't exactly inundated with offers after he left Villa. My guess is he's not happy at the moment because of the Myers thing but there's no way he'll resign because he needs to make some sort of success at Rovers for the sake of his career. Having said all that I agree with those who've been disappointed with his tenure so far.

The main question for me is who would we get if he walked out? - Look at the rest of Venkys' managerial appointments.

Lambert has a proven track record of getting teams promoted. For me, Lambert being at the club is a sign that there might be hope. If Lambert walks then I think things in the club are as bad as we all fear and we are heading in a bad direction, quickly.

The quick signing of a decent CEO, and good backing for Lambert, could be massive events for us.

• Moderation Lead

I must admit it makes me laugh when people are disappointed with Lambert's tenure so far, then had either every excuse in the book for Bowyer, or said our squad was far from the required standard to get promoted.

What exactly did people expect Lambert to do? Get us overtaking Burnley at the top of the league and winning every game 5-0? Laughable.

Considering the quality of playing staff he inherited I think that is a little unfair Jim,

I don't think anyone can be disappointed in the vast improvement of fitness and work ethic he has brought about.

His desire to do well is also a breath of fresh air as is his willingness to air his views

• Backroom

Hi USA. I'm slightly bemused by the obsession of a couple of posters as to when I do and don't post. I didn't realise it was obligatory to post after every game indeed, on occasion in the past when I've been on here a lot certain other people who I haven't agreed with (Nixon etc) have accused me of being a sad sack who needs to get a life etc. Damned if you do damned if you don't it seems.

Have to admit I'm totally in despair at what's going on. I was really excited when Lambert came and saw it as a last chance to pull the Club round. I don't think he's performed at all and I think we're heading in completely the wrong direction long term on the pitch with loanees coming in and barely any players under long term contract going forward. Come July 1st we won't have a single striker at the Club. Off the pitch I think all the signs are that from the owners point of view the appointment of Lambert may have been a last desperate roll of the dice which hasn't come off and I am fearful of what will happen in summer.

If I'm wrong with either of the above and of course I hope I am proved completely wrong on both counts then shoot me. I don't see the point in coming on here every single minute of every day irritating everyone by moaning but by the same token I don't see the point in coming on here waxing lyrical about the occasional victory sandwiched either side of 2 defeats either. If we were to put a decent run of results together I would have a totally different perspective. Take Lambert's initial "honeymoon" period out and I think I'm correct in saying his record is 18 points from the last 18 games, no better than Bowyer.

I realise I'm in the minority by not thinking things are on the upturn under Lambert so let's see how things pan out. I suppose on the upside I will be one of the few who won't be swinging from the nearest tree should Lambert depart imminently as Mercer predicts AS LONG AS he is replaced by a manager of equivalent experience. All things being equal and assuming we don't go bust in summer I don't think this will be the case though and I think he will be here for some time yet. He hasn't done badly enough to be sacked nor well enough to fully restore his tarnished reputation and be headhunted by another Club imo. Whilst I also think he has been poor so far if the financial situation allows he deserves a summer and full preseason with at least the Rhodes money to invest in the squad before we can finally judge where we're at. Like I say, I don't like anything I am seeing at the moment either on or off the pitch myself, but I might be wrong. It doesn't happen often but it has been known.

;):)

You can still post these views when we win, y'know ;)

• Moderation Lead

On that point about when people post, I have to admit some people only do seem to post when we lose or when something negative has happened. I suppose it's like leaving a review, you'd be more likely to air your views with a negative experience rather than a positive one, which you'd expect. I just find it all a bit odd tbh. People can't wait to stick the boot in, then go missing when we win a game.

I must admit it makes me laugh when people are disappointed with Lambert's tenure so far, then had either every excuse in the book for Bowyer, or said our squad was far from the required standard to get promoted.

What exactly did people expect Lambert to do? Get us overtaking Burnley at the top of the league and winning every game 5-0? Laughable.

It is laughable to suggest anyone thought we would either be overtaking Burnley at the top of the League or winning every game 5-0..

The best we could have hoped for with a fantastic run of results was to sneak into the bottom end of the play offs. I'm in the camp who thought Lambert would be a massive improvement on Bowyer and also someone who would be able to get an extra 15-20% out of the existing massively underperforming squad. Had that happened who knows what the season might have brought.

We haven't really seen that imo. Good job he had a decent honeymoon period.

You can still post these views when we win, y'know ;)

Will do.

• Moderation Lead

To suggest Lambert could have gotten us into the play-offs and had us performing better is just a bit mischievous IMO. I'd say there has been improvements in a few players (Marshall, Hanley), and was ballsy enough to change the system to something completely different and has had some results from it (albeit inconsistently). For example, if we'd gone down to 10 men against Brentford with Bowyer in charge, does anyone honestly think we'd have had the mettle to go on and win that game? I don't think you'll be able to convince me of that....

To suggest Lambert could have gotten us into the play-offs and had us performing better is just a bit mischievous IMO. I'd say there has been improvements in a few players (Marshall, Hanley), and was ballsy enough to change the system to something completely different and has had some results from it (albeit inconsistently). For example, if we'd gone down to 10 men against Brentford with Bowyer in charge, does anyone honestly think we'd have had the mettle to go on and win that game? I don't think you'll be able to convince me of that....

I very much doubt Bowyer would have got us past Newport or Oxford either, with his one man attack and crepe tactics.

The suggestion that we only performed well briefly during a honeymoon period is a little "mischievous" as well. Honestly, I didn't want to say this again, but results and performances greatly improved immediately after Rhodes left. Performances at Boro away, Derby away, Burnley away, four home league wins on the trot. None of that would have happened under Bowyer.

The suggestion that we only performed well briefly during a honeymoon period is a little "mischievous" as well. Honestly, I didn't want to say this again, but results and performances greatly improved immediately after Rhodes left. Performances at Boro away, Derby away, Burnley away, four home league wins on the trot. None of that would have happened under Bowyer.

Nor with Rhodes leading the attack I would suggest !

Only a few more days since the last interview, but still no word from our owners:

http://audioboom.com/boos/4387391-d

Think PL said words to the effect 'some time soon' on more than one occasion and also 'he knew a bit more' (assume than fans which he certainly should!).

I have the horrible feeling the cupboard is bare and Lambert knows it is. If this proves to be correct, wonder who will break the news to the fans as I feel pretty certain Lambert wont want to ?

I have the horrible feeling the cupboard is bare and Lambert knows it is. If this proves to be correct, wonder who will break the news to the fans as I feel pretty certain Lambert wont want to ?

Chaddy ?

Think PL said words to the effect 'some time soon' on more than one occasion and also 'he knew a bit more' (assume than fans which he certainly should!).

Would Lambert still be here if there was no money for the summer?

I thought he had offers from other clubs around the time he took the Rovers job? Can't remember the clubs, Fulham and QPR seem to jump to mind but in anycase you would imagine, with the way he's been talking lately, that whichever club he spoke to he would have wanted a decent summer kitty in order to make a serious playoff push.

If we promised it and then told him there was nothing, you would imagine he would walk and had a perfectly good get out story to go with it.

Nothing ever really makes sense in Venkyland, so really anything could happen but with other offers kicking around you would think he got some pretty concrete assurances before accepting the Rovers gig.

Archived