BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Official: Paul Lambert Appointed Blackburn Rovers Manager

DE.

Well his results to date will hardly have the big boys banging his door down. I concede that our club is a basket case but I had hoped that results would have been better; they're only ever so marginally an improvement on GB.

Anyhow given his latest interview it doesn't seem like he'll be here for much longer. Venkys will no doubt appoint a Judan Ali or similar for the final insult. Roll up roll up, get your season tickets.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderation Lead

If Lambert left I could see Alan Irvine and Rob Kelly getting the manager and number 2 jobs tbh.

Then that would be me done. We appointed a real manager for the first time since sacking the last good one we have to settle for second best? Nah, count me out. This club and its supporters deserve so much better.

One seriously @#/? off Rovers manager.

Lambert knows he can't take this crap side any higher without serious financial backing....and so do ALL of us.

It's not just the finance. It's the bloody Kafkaesque la la land that is the current state of Blackburn Rovers. Nobody can manage under these circumstances.

If Lambert left I could see Alan Irvine and Rob Kelly getting the manager and number 2 jobs tbh.

Doubt it.They would leave with Lambert.Whoever it is I'm sure they will have your full backing even if Steve kean returned.

I honestly thought when Lambert was brought in it that it was going to be an upturn in our fortunes,I thought he would be given funds to rebuild the squad in the summer,as I saw no other reason why our owners would sack bowyer,splash out on an expensive and experienced management team to just tread water.

Just get out of our club Venkys.Until they do we are going nowhere but down.I'm with Gav give me administration and a fresh start with people who care about the club running it.We need these clowns gone

It's just unbelievable. I just cannot understand why on earth they potted Bowyer if they want it run on a shoestring. The change of direction is one of two things. One they have lost confidence in Lambert and don't trust him with our final roll of the dice. Or there is an extremely prevalent schizophrenic gene in the Rao family. And that's not being flippant. How can such a change of heart even materialise? I mean how on gods green earth do they make their decisions?

And if I were to give them the benefit of the doubt and there is a modicum of thought behind this and they have seen something in Lambert they don't like. How do they expect to attract anyone more capable of spending our last few quid. Once again our reputation will be in tatters. That's if it was anything more anyway.

• Backroom

I'm afraid all signs point to Lambert wanting out. Unless Venky's agree to his proposed plans in full I imagine he will be gone in the summer, making this a massive waste of time for all concerned.

Here what Lambert says after the game to Paul Wheelock

"Well have to wait and see what is going to happen. We need to wait and have talks with the owners." #rovers

"Theres not much more I can say other than the same stuff Ive been saying since Ive been in here." #rovers

"Nobody can take anything away from the owners and the money put in the past but Im not here for the past. The club has to move forward."

Asked directly whether he will consider his future if he does not get the backing he wants from Venky's the #rovers boss said...

"I have my own staff Ive brought in and I have to be true to them as well. Ive got to be true to supporters and the football club."

And asked directly whether he and the supporters need to know what's going on once and for all, Paul Lambert said...

"I cant keep being the spokesman for the football club. I went through the same stuff at Villa and I vowed I will never do that again."

What Rovers fans have been put through during the last 5 years has been shocking.

Isn't following your team supposed to be a fun escape!

Right, well I think it's pretty clear now that Lambert will resign unless he gets a big lot of money and plans for a solid, Ewood-based CEO. Who's confident?

The Venkys 'thought' process is utterly baffling, as expected, but the question has to be asked: why did Lambert take the job in the first place? How could be not have known or done his research on what a terribly mismanaged club we are these days?

It now seems that the nightmare of Venkys clinging on to us as we sink further and further is coming to pass. Indian 'pride' at its worst.

I paricipated in all the protests in 2011/12 but now I'm just utterly at a loss to what we as fans can do. Full stadium boycott?

Here what Lambert says after the game to Paul Wheelock

"Well have to wait and see what is going to happen. We need to wait and have talks with the owners." #rovers

"Theres not much more I can say other than the same stuff Ive been saying since Ive been in here." #rovers

"Nobody can take anything away from the owners and the money put in the past but Im not here for the past. The club has to move forward."

Asked directly whether he will consider his future if he does not get the backing he wants from Venky's the #rovers boss said...

"I have my own staff Ive brought in and I have to be true to them as well. Ive got to be true to supporters and the football club."

And asked directly whether he and the supporters need to know what's going on once and for all, Paul Lambert said...

"I cant keep being the spokesman for the football club. I went through the same stuff at Villa and I vowed I will never do that again."

Clutching at straws it sounds more like the owners have not communicated their plans to Lambert yet rather than him definitely having been told backing won't be available.

I must say Lambert is playing an extremely dangerous game. He is producing extremely poor results yet is calling the owners out on an almost daily basis. His comments would sit a lot easier with me if he'd produced a significant upturn in results and I think he should get his part of the job right before publicly calling out the owners every other day. What must the players think if it is clear the manager is not committed to the Club?The motivation for them to perform properly must be almost zero given we're probably safe.

Doubt it.They would leave with Lambert.Whoever it is I'm sure they will have your full backing even if Steve kean returned.

I honestly thought when Lambert was brought in it that it was going to be an upturn in our fortunes,I thought he would be given funds to rebuild the squad in the summer,as I saw no other reason why our owners would sack bowyer,splash out on an expensive and experienced management team to just tread water.

I want Lambert to stay and take us up next season.

I agree with the second paragraph totally.

I really hope Lambert stays

I guess we find out about The budget shortly when The owners, Pasha and Lambert have their meeting about it.

Plus its sounds like he wants an expeience CEO coming in to talk to the fans and for him to do the talking and not PL like he did at Villa

[quote name="chaddyrovers" post="1633259" timestamp="1459893

I guess we find out about The budget shortly when The owners, Pasha and Lambert have their meeting about it.

Is this meeting going to take place though?After reading what Lambert said after the game I have my doubts that any meeting will take place.He is calling the owners out every day,if they wer going to provide funds surely Lambert would know by now?

I wouldn't even put money on him being in the dug out at Wolves next week !

I think it's been a tumultuous two weeks and I doubt it's finished yet.

Pains me to say it but I stand by this.

Clutching at straws it sounds more like the owners have not communicated their plans to Lambert yet rather than him definitely having been told backing won't be available.

I must say Lambert is playing an extremely dangerous game. He is producing extremely poor results yet is calling the owners out on an almost daily basis. His comments would sit a lot easier with me if he'd produced a significant upturn in results and I think he should get his part of the job right before publicly calling out the owners every other day. What must the players think if it is clear the manager is not committed to the Club?The motivation for them to perform properly must be almost zero given we're probably safe.

He's playing Russian roulette with this lot now and if he doesn't get some clarity soon his comments may well get stronger. Appleton did similar to a lesser extent and he soon got potted.

I'm fully expecting to wake up one morning in the next few weeks and see him sacked !

Good point about motivation as I bet some players are really thinking what is the point as the manager doesn't seem to be motivated and even if he's given funding who is going to make way for his new signings..

I think the loan market is wrong and should only be used for emergency loans as when you get players coming to the end of their loan periods it becomes slightly difficult to get motivated

Good point about motivation as I bet some players are really thinking what is the point as the manager doesn't seem to be motivated and even if he's given funding who is going to make way for his new signings..

I think the loan market is wrong and should only be used for emergency loans as when you get players coming to the end of their loan periods it becomes slightly difficult to get motivated

We need to send bloody Gomez back ASAP. There are guys on death row with more motivation than him.

Surely to suspect the worst, without any facts, or results, is hysteria.

If the owners would communicate, like normal people do, the "the facts" would speak for themselves.

Its the absense of facts, combined with Venky's history that makes me pessimistic------but not hysterical, that word is simply a put-down from you.

Archived