BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Official: Paul Lambert Appointed Blackburn Rovers Manager

DE.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't team GB say they could have got Rovers promoted with the budget PL has got? I'm sure I read that somewhere...

If that's true, and PL was promised a transfer budget for this summer - what's changed?

Not posted on here much of late. Find Rovers even more discouraging than ever.

Why? Because there should be signs of hope and positivity but instead we're left with ambiguity and angst.

Lambert says all the right things, which is new and encouraging, has the necessary experience and has improved on certain aspects such as fitness. I'm a bit disappointed that he hasn't got that extra 10% out of players, not to mentioned surprised, as I thought they were better. This leads me to think that a) Bowyer wasn't as bad at motivating players as I thought, B) that Bowyer wasn't as good at spotting players as I thought, and c) Lambert is a good manager not a great one.

Still a good manager with half a season to assess things (shame nothing happened this season but that was harder than I suspected it would be) should leave us in a strong position for next season and with optimism. Lamberts regular comments though leave us uncertain and knowing we are firmly in the grip and under the powerful influence of utterly clueless owners. Even in the best possible interpretation of Lambert's comments is that they haven't a clue what they are doing, which will hinder and drag us down, as we struggle on under Lambert. The worst interpretation is they do know what they're doing and it's another of their awful, awful plans, that will see Lambert resign or given the boot.

Neither scenario gives us any cause for optimism next season. Venkey have to go.

Don't know who has wrote The Sun article but if it's Nixon it will be right. Hasn't he been right about Lambert all along since Rovers first chased him?

Except for the war chest we were spending in January.

Didn't team GB say they could have got Rovers promoted with the budget PL has got? I'm sure I read that somewhere...

If that's true, and PL was promised a transfer budget for this summer - what's changed?

It was posted on here by a member who knew one of the coaching staff?

What worries me is what happens next. If Venkys aren't prepared to back their manager now and start listening to him then they never will. They should have an unexpected surplus of money given the huge fees received for Cairney, King, Gestede and Rhodes. We're fresh out of the embargo and the wage bill has been stripped back to the bare bones. Lambert is the first man they have appointed with the CV a club of this size should demand.

Now is the time to strike.

If they won't, or can't, or still haven't decided, and this results in the abrupt end of Lambert's time here, then its the end for Venkys. If they don't see sense now, realise they have to back the manager and put in place a board and work with Lambert then where does it go next? Barring a complete miracle we won't be looking up the league any time soon. At best we'll continue as we are struggling to keep clear of relegation.

Even if this is the beginning of an exit strategy, I wouldn't have any faith in them managing that properly. If they've decided now parachute money has gone that its the end of trying to get back up and they are willing to let the club go what next? They are more likely to leave the club to stagnate/rot for years than complete a swift sale/handover of the club to someone else or entrust a CEO with running it whilst up for sale. They probably see selling the club as admitting defeat or insulting so would prefer to get losses down to less than £10 million a year and leave the club to flounder as it is at present.

Don't know who has wrote The Sun article but if it's Nixon it will be right. Hasn't he been right about Lambert all along since Rovers first chased him?

I think Wheelock is a political historian who is so far off the pace it's not true.

Whilst I'll agree with anyone who slates the LT- let's remember only one of those two papers had actual quotes in...

Its not rocket science is it? its not even Woodwork or Home Economics.

If Lambert has persistently tried to get answers from the owners and they have failed to give them, then he, and we, have every right to suspect the worst.

That's securely founded both in logic and Venky history.

Nothing hysterical about that.

Surely to suspect the worst, without any facts, or results, is hysteria.

I think it's normal to expect the worst after all that's happened.

To summarise, we sold the guy who's goals kept us up and now there's a chance the guy who got rid may walk.

So that would leave us scrabbling round for a cheap option who won't have a goalscorer in the squad.

Brilliant, call me hysterical but I'm expecting League 2 football within the next five years.

To summarise, we sold the guy who's goals kept us up and now there's a chance the guy who got rid may walk.

So that would leave us scrabbling round for a cheap option who won't have a goalscorer in the squad.

Brilliant, call me hysterical but I'm expecting League 2 football within the next five years.

Your hysterical!

The Rhodes haters will be on you like the plague very shortly :)

Have to say though I think we'd seriously have struggled if we didn't change manager when we did so in the bigger picture it may still have been a gamble worth taking. In the short term at least.

Irvine in charge next season as I predicted, no Rhodes and no Danny Graham and a squad of about 15 first teamers. Chris Brown retained because we can't afford anything else. Bring back Gaz :huh:

Won't take that long

Maybe the owners want to see how the season ends before handing over the check book for transfers, we're not yet even safe in this league and our form is erratic to say the least, i think the owners would have been expecting us to be at least safe in the league by now and the fact that we aren't could be giving them some doubts about pl.

Not defending them, just thinking out loud

Maybe the owners wantcto see jow the season ends before handing over the check book for transfers, we're not yet even safe in this league and our form is erratic to say the least, i think the owners would have been expecting us to be at least safe in the league by now and the fact that we aren't could be giving them some doubts about pl.

Not defending them, just thinking out loud

That would be a logical reason for them to be waiting. Whilst it might not be popular with the manager its his job to secure mathematical survival before plans can be finalised and we aren't there yet.

However this is Venkys we are dealing with. More likely they aren't speaking to him because they think they know more about football than him, or he's not been polite enough to Madame to get any money to spend, or they will only decide when the 4 of them have nothing else to talk about at the dinner table.

That would be a logical reason for them to be waiting. Whilst it might not be popular with the manager its his job to secure mathematical survival before plans can be finalised and we aren't there yet.

However this is Venkys we are dealing with. More likely they aren't speaking to him because they think they know more about football than him, or he's not been polite enough to Madame to get any money to spend, or they will only decide when the 4 of them have nothing else to talk about at the dinner table.

I'm sure a normal club would have just said 'if we stay up X amount vs if we go down Y amount' however this is Venkys.

I can't wrap my head around it.. How can anybody be this stupid in a business sense is beyond me.. And how they have a billion dollar company I will never know

What Daddy left behind. Still that isn't much of an explanation for how they haven't destroyed it. Suppose "Madame" (and maybe her husband) have some brains as Balaji hasn't. Third Wheel just lags behind regardless anyway.

Archived