BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Official: Paul Lambert Appointed Blackburn Rovers Manager

DE.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know what I would do re attending next season if they let Lambert go, but I understand why other people would choose not to go.

If they don't back him, chances are he walks, signalling zero ambition. Who wants to pay hard earned money to go and watch a club being run with no ambition?

It flies in the face of the essence of professional sport.

No doubt I'll sulk for a while, claim I wont be having anything to do with the club whilst the chickens botherers are still here and then skulk back. Feel utterly deflated though as I think Lambert is a good manager and I like the way he does things.

No doubt I'll sulk for a while, claim I wont be having anything to do with the club whilst the chickens botherers are still here and then skulk back. Feel utterly deflated though as I think Lambert is a good manager and I like the way he does things.

-ditto-

If he is allowed to go and rovers are run as an even more ramshackle outfit and supporters still choose to go next season then your just supporting the venky cause, show some backbone and stay away, if U truly love rovers then this will be the only way to get the media to take notice, this is all hypothetical of course.

Seems to be the same old, same old, Venkys must have agreed to certain conditions when Lambert was employed. They more than likely will not have reneged, but, will be putting that "file" away until the time comes, i.e summer window opens. The biggest problem that has always been since they took over, is the laissez faire way they go about their dealings. Unfortunately we live in a different world, Rovers are a hobby to them, not a business.... that is where the conflict starts.

I think it's normal to expect the worst after all that's happened.

To summarise, we sold the guy who's goals kept us up and now there's a chance the guy who got rid may walk.

So that would leave us scrabbling round for a cheap option who won't have a goalscorer in the squad.

Brilliant, call me hysterical but I'm expecting League 2 football within the next five years.

The Rhodes haters will be on you like the plague very shortly :)

Have to say though I think we'd seriously have struggled if we didn't change manager when we did so in the bigger picture it may still have been a gamble worth taking. In the short term at least.

Irvine in charge next season as I predicted, no Rhodes and no Danny Graham and a squad of about 15 first teamers. Chris Brown retained because we can't afford anything else. Bring back Gaz :huh:

Ha. It's a good job we did sell him because we'd probably have been in the relegation zone now. That's where we were heading.

I'm sure all this stuff in the Scum and the Fail is just speculation based on PL's interview but Pl is definitely putting out an ultimatum and letting other clubs know he's likely to be leaving. I can't see this being resolved without PL either lowering his expectations (why would he) or leaving.

Somehow I'm still quietly confident Lambert will get backing in the summer. I think he knows more than he is letting on and he wouldn't have taken the job without firm assurances. I think he is just trying to get the fans on board as he knows that the silence has been killing us for years. He is trying to get a bit of interest going and I think he is doing it for the right reasons. Trying to be that link between the owners and the fans.

However, it's a bit like washing our dirty laundry in public and if he does get backing then other clubs will add 25% to all transfer fees and agents will be rubbing their hands because they know we have money to spend. Maybe it would have been better to stay schtum about it all.

Although Lambert's reign has been only moderately successful I like the type of players he has signed so far - they all have the right attitude ( OK Gomez maybe not ,but skilful players with fight are hard to find ).

If Venkys don't back him it will be real despondency and who could we attract if Lambert leaves under such circumstances. Not even going to consider the consequences of that.

Ha. It's a good job we did sell him because we'd probably have been in the relegation zone now. That's where we were heading.

How does that work?

Your hysterical!

Five years ago would you have guessed where we are now?

If you had you'd have been labelled hysterical.

Paul Wheelock tweeted about 30 minutes ago there is a growing feeling that PL isn't going to get what he wants from Venkys, and that he will ask him straight tonight. I really hope he does ask him about this

Full quote.....

The growing feeling is that Venky's will not give Paul Lambert what he wants.

But with these owners you just never know. They have had dramatic changes of hearts before (Jordan Rhodes to Hull City being a prime example) and so, until either they or Lambert confirms it (good luck with the former happening), then you should never rule anything out.

So basically, he knows nothing, just like us.

Ya never disappoint Den :tu:

Maybe right as it's allowed a change in style although on the other side of the coin he scored a lot of goals under the previous regime so he'd possibly have clicked in gear again and scored enough to keep us just out of trouble. Porous Defence and very weak midfield was as much the problem under Bowyers style making it so easy for teams to carve through us and score.

Anyway I'm happy to go along with Lamberts way now although it may never get chance to be together properly !

Ya never disappoint Den :tu:

Maybe right as it's allowed a change in style although on the other side of the coin he scored a lot of goals under the previous regime so he'd possibly have clicked in gear again and scored enough to keep us just out of trouble. Porous Defence and very weak midfield was as much the problem under Bowyers style making it so easy for teams to carve through us and score.

Anyway I'm happy to go along with Lamberts way now although it may never get chance to be together properly !

Nah mate. The midfield was isolated until we brought in a striker who provided them with service. Better without him just like I said we would be?

Nah mate. The midfield was isolated until we brought in a striker who provided them with service. Better without him just like I said we would be?

I'd say it's robbing Peter to pay Paul.

We're still sh**, just a different kind of sh**.

Here what Lambert says after the game to Paul Wheelock

"Well have to wait and see what is going to happen. We need to wait and have talks with the owners." #rovers

"Theres not much more I can say other than the same stuff Ive been saying since Ive been in here." #rovers

"Nobody can take anything away from the owners and the money put in the past but Im not here for the past. The club has to move forward."

Asked directly whether he will consider his future if he does not get the backing he wants from Venky's the #rovers boss said...

"I have my own staff Ive brought in and I have to be true to them as well. Ive got to be true to supporters and the football club."

And asked directly whether he and the supporters need to know what's going on once and for all, Paul Lambert said...

"I cant keep being the spokesman for the football club. I went through the same stuff at Villa and I vowed I will never do that again."

Archived