BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Official: Paul Lambert Appointed Blackburn Rovers Manager

DE.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Paul Lambert has submitted detailed plans but for short and long term future of Rovers to the owners. Expects to get an answer this week

Here is the LT article:

https://t.co/0CP34ma4C9

Nicko on Twitter?

Meanwhile the sun reports that Lambert is ready to walk after Venky's went back on promise to spend money. https://t.co/bhzxk6OKCi

Paul Lambert has submitted detailed plans but for short and long term future of Rovers to the owners. Expects to get an answer this week

Here is the LT article:

https://t.co/0CP34ma4C9

Meanwhile the sun reports that Lambert is ready to walk after Venky's went back on promise to spend money. https://t.co/bhzxk6OKCi

No wonder Lambert can not get an answer the sun direct line to India must be blocking the line , or more like the chubby red top funster is on one of his fishing trips again

So he's 'submitted' his plans. He basically isn't getting a face to face with these imbecilic ineffectuals.

Probably as important a few months in the Clubs existence, coming up, and the most important man at Ewood can't get a face to face meeting with these Dicks.

This Club is doomed.

How can the Sun be right with their story if Lambert hasn't met the owners or heard from them?

Probably guessing having read between the lines that he might walk if he doesn't get money to spend.

They probably read this message board and are following the hysteria.

If we take what Lambert has said in the paper this morning at face value then I interpret it as a positive, in that he has put together detailed plans which have gone to the owners and are being considered and he expects a response to them in the near future. At least it shows there is a plan on the table from the manager and that some wheels are turning behind the scenes rather than a complete communication breakdown between India and the UK. Whether it means his plans will be accepted who knows, but I dread to think what awaits us if they reject Lambert's proposals.

If the Sun story is correct and Lambert already knows they have reneged on an earlier promise to bankroll a promotion push then I would expect him to have resigned already, or at least be kicking up more of a fuss in the media, whereas his comments yesterday were in similar vein to those last week and suggest its still up in the air.

I suspect that Lambert may indeed know or suspect that they are not going to supply any funds and by asking the direct question (presumably on fax) he may be hoping to get it in writing by return which puts him in a solid position to walk . I mean if he just "walked" because he suspected or thought something it could cost him dearly.

They probably read this message board and are following the hysteria.

I thought it was well accepted that Nicko had Lambert's ear? So its not hysteria if its well-founded---its real concern.

I wish I had a quid for every post on here over the last 5 years that assured us everything was alright.

Far from hysteria, things are worse than I ever imagined.

Sounds to me like Lambert is putting out signals to alert any other clubs who may be interested in his services as well as trying to get the V's to step up.

If they don't back me i'll be available again, come and get me type noises. All helped by Nixon of course who rarely does anything that doesn't have an agenda of isn't agent driven. To be fair he may also be helping trying to lure out the Pune posse.

Don't know who has wrote The Sun article but if it's Nixon it will be right. Hasn't he been right about Lambert all along since Rovers first chased him?

I think Wheelock is a political historian who is so far off the pace it's not true.

Don't know who has wrote The Sun article but if it's Nixon it will be right. Hasn't he been right about Lambert all along since Rovers first chased him?

I think Wheelock is a political historian who is so far off the pace it's not true.

It worries me that Nixon has Lambert's ear and it does all fit together horribly...but.....

Its not rocket science is it? its not even Woodwork or Home Economics.

If Lambert has persistently tried to get answers from the owners and they have failed to give them, then he, and we, have every right to suspect the worst.

That's securely founded both in logic and Venky history.

Nothing hysterical about that.

Hi USA. I'm slightly bemused by the obsession of a couple of posters as to when I do and don't post. I didn't realise it was obligatory to post after every game indeed, on occasion in the past when I've been on here a lot certain other people who I haven't agreed with (Nixon etc) have accused me of being a sad sack who needs to get a life etc. Damned if you do damned if you don't it seems.

Have to admit I'm totally in despair at what's going on. I was really excited when Lambert came and saw it as a last chance to pull the Club round. I don't think he's performed at all and I think we're heading in completely the wrong direction long term on the pitch with loanees coming in and barely any players under long term contract going forward. Come July 1st we won't have a single striker at the Club. Off the pitch I think all the signs are that from the owners point of view the appointment of Lambert may have been a last desperate roll of the dice which hasn't come off and I am fearful of what will happen in summer.

If I'm wrong with either of the above and of course I hope I am proved completely wrong on both counts then shoot me. I don't see the point in coming on here every single minute of every day irritating everyone by moaning but by the same token I don't see the point in coming on here waxing lyrical about the occasional victory sandwiched either side of 2 defeats either. If we were to put a decent run of results together I would have a totally different perspective. Take Lambert's initial "honeymoon" period out and I think I'm correct in saying his record is 18 points from the last 18 games, no better than Bowyer.

I realise I'm in the minority by not thinking things are on the upturn under Lambert so let's see how things pan out. I suppose on the upside I will be one of the few who won't be swinging from the nearest tree should Lambert depart imminently as Mercer predicts AS LONG AS he is replaced by a manager of equivalent experience. All things being equal and assuming we don't go bust in summer I don't think this will be the case though and I think he will be here for some time yet. He hasn't done badly enough to be sacked nor well enough to fully restore his tarnished reputation and be headhunted by another Club imo. Whilst I also think he has been poor so far if the financial situation allows he deserves a summer and full preseason with at least the Rhodes money to invest in the squad before we can finally judge where we're at. Like I say, I don't like anything I am seeing at the moment either on or off the pitch myself, but I might be wrong. It doesn't happen often but it has been known.

;):)

Obsession's a bit much, you and I are both long time posters so I notice when you are missig rev. Fair do's with your response, I'll say no more about your posting habits. I suppose we all are mightily upset to see things continue to go the way they do. Keep the faith Rev.

• Backroom

I actually think Lambert can get away from here with his reputation intact and move onto better things.

In fact I think he can come away looking good and will take that chance.

Gutted but confident he won't be here next season now and we will be back to cheap no marks.

That will likely signal the end for me for a bit if they let the chance of a proper manager pass.

One slight glimmer of light is that there might, just might still be a budget. Not the one PL wants or maybe thought he'd get but if there is A budget then it's better than nowt.

My worry is though it'll be another negative sell to loan in budget in which case the party is well and truly over as it will be if it's zero just carry on as you are one as well.

It has to be at least 5 mill with movement on the wages as well. It might not take us up but should improve us a bit more. Absolutely anything less and we'll just about go down next season Lambert or not. It's that simple really.

I don't think the budget is the be all and end all. Also of major importance is the structure of the club and whether the setup is right to progress. We all know that it isn't, Lambert has made it clear he isn't happy with the structure, yet on we go with a rudderless ship.

At the end of the day I think it is asking a lot for Venkys to cough up millions upon millions on top of the existing losses they are sustaining with no guarantees of promotion. They've been burnt before by a manager promising promotion if money was spent. Of course we all know there is a world of difference between Kean and Lambert, but to the pen pushers and accountants all they see are pounds and pence with no guarantee of a return. Having spent 3 years suffering the consequences of bad recruitment and a gamble on promotion, I can fully understand a reluctance to go down that route again.

Which then brings us to Lambert. If they were reluctant to spend big, or had no plan for the future, then why or how did they bring Lambert in? I don't buy that it was some naïve attempt to make a surge towards the play-offs this season with no plan beyond that. I refuse to accept Lambert accepted/agreed to a remit of aim for the play-offs this season with this squad. He was led to believe by someone that there would be serious funds on offer this summer to rebuild this squad. People with Lambert's experience do not take on jobs like these solely on the basis of a virtually impossible target for the remainder of the season with someone else's squad with no idea of a longer term plan.

If there were doubts about longer term strategy then why appoint someone like Lambert? Someone who doesn't need to be here, someone who can walk away, isn't afraid to speak out, who is a strong minded individual, who expects backing and is very ambitious? They'd have been better sticking with Bowyer, who at least kept quiet and did a good job of making them money on players. Alternatively they should have appointed a lower league manager grateful for the job if they wanted someone to gratefully accept the conditions whatever.

If we functioned as a normal club, with a board of directors and lines of communication open round the clock, then Lambert could have a meeting at Ewood, be told that whilst he isn't getting fortunes to spend there will be a little bit of money to trade, he and the board could put their heads together and formulate a plan of how to make the best of a more difficult situation than first expected. No manager has the right to demand fortunes to spend in an era of FFP and cost-cutting. Hughton hasn't had it, McCarthy and Rowett haven't had it, yet they've knuckled down and worked within those constraints. The difference is that they probably knew exactly what the situation was when taking the job, promises have been kept and they have boards/chairman to talk to on a daily basis to work out the best way forward with those in power.

As it is Lambert is out on a limb. He's running the show on his own. Trying to run the team, answer to the media and find out from the owners what is happening all at once. If he had a healthy budget to work with then he could probably get over the frustrations of the club structure, but combined with a poor budget and he won't be happy at all.

If someone said to Lambert here's 15k pwk for however long and there is a 1 mill pound bonus for promotion and he says well I want to sign xyz on loan with a view to perm and have a right good go at it this time. I'll also fancy selling a player to change the system of play to one I think is more effective and reinvest that money in summer if as is likely we miss out this time.

They go ok we can do that, carry on. Then I reckon it's contract signed in the safe knowledge that if he annoys them enough they'll either back him or sack him and he'll leave with his reasons and a hefty pay off. I really don't think there is anything more to it than that. It's what Venkys are famous for, not spending on players but spending on getting rid and silencing them and managers and staff.

What a circus it still is.

Archived