BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Official: Paul Lambert Appointed Blackburn Rovers Manager

DE.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alan Nixon is doing an article on possible behind the scenes change. will be in Today's Sun paper

Not manager related tho.

could be a new CEO or possible scouting overhaul?

Lets hope it's some good news.

Alan Nixon is doing an article on possible behind the scenes change. will be in Today's Sun paper

Not manager related tho.

could be a new CEO or possible scouting overhaul?

My money is on Myers's salary being saved and his role being shared by 2 or 3 of the current staff.

Just to point out Nixon said its only a "small bit" (after Chaddy asked him if anything in paper tomorrow) so hardly touted as a huge story.

lets wait to see the story.

If it just a new CEO or a board restructuring change it would only be a small bit in a national paper

Alan Nixon just said that Rovers are looking to fill 2 positions on the Board and he will give possible names to fill those roles

NIXON EXCLUSIVE:
Telephones To Be Installed At Venkys HQ.

The Rao's have announced they are having telephones installed at their Pune HQ. The move, which will be financed through the organ harvesting of Venkys employees, is expected to be completed in time for Christmas.
The technological advance is to be implemented following the disappearance of Venky Messenger Pigeons, which has slowed communications with Britain.

I think our club is in a state of turmoil.The Myers' issue to me is akin to an iceberg - the worry is what isn't seen (or heard in this instance). Lambert, IMO, in a frustrated and depressing Radio Lancashire interview said about Myers 'there is a story to unfold/unfurl' - I don't buy this as a straightforward resignation with Myers seeking a new challenge.We saw VLL issue 1,085,000 £1 shares on 15 Feb., presumably to prop up Rovers financially as other recent share issues through VLL appear to have been. Both the timing and relatively small value (<1% of VLL's issued share capital) has alarm bells ringing to me.I think V's have decided on their future direction for Rovers and I get the feeling it is not where either Myers or Lambert wanted to go.I fear where Rovers are going now and feel anything could happen - the big surprise to me would be if nothing did happen!

I've never agreed with you in the past when you've predicted an imminent financial meltdown but I do agree with you this time. Something just feels very different since January. I've no hard evidence to back it up but both Shaw and then his partial replacement Myers walking out has the gut feel of people not wanting to be associated with whatever is coming in summer.

• Backroom

I doubt they'd be able to sell the club even if they wanted to. Unless they wrote off all the debts it is essentially unsellable, and even if they did write off the debts, it's still a hard sell. Look how long it took the Trust to sell - and that was when we were a well run club in the Premier League! God knows who'd want to take over this mess but I can't imagine it being anybody sensible or trustworthy.

We dont even know if Shaw and Myers were push/sacked by the owners or if either or both walk away.

If Nicko's story is Rovers wanted 2 new boardroom people then I dont see the owners wanting to sell the club

There is a legal minimum

By that remark are you predicting he will quickly walk out or be sacked? I don't see either being the case unless he either lands a better job or the big bail out by the owners occurs in summer the latter of which I have to admit seems eminently plausible..

Worth noting no-one thought an experienced man would ever be brought in before Bowyer was sacked so maybe if Lambert left we wouldn't neccesarily end up with a "no mark".Lambert and Rovers strike me as a marriage of inconvenience. A last ditch desperate roll of the dice at getting into the play offs by us and a short term attempt by him to get some results to restore his damaged reputation and use us a quick stepping stone to a better job. A move that hasn't worked out particularly well so far for either party.

Rev, in any sphere of life, it is much easier to wreck than build.It took Venkys 5 years to bring us to this state, yet you expected Lambert to significantly fix things in half a season. In reality you were'nt even prepared to give him that.

Most of us are confident that, given decent funding in the summer, we will be challenging for promotion under Lambert , something that will not happen if he goes.

Reasoning? If he does it will be because the funding we and he expected in the summer never materialised. Shock eh?

It won't materialise for his successor either, who, most likely will come from current employees. Seems to be the Venky way.

Abbey's prediction of Dunny is looking more and more likely.

A tragedy for all of us given that he won't have a transfer pot and a sad way for Dunny to end his Rovers career.

So please don't look on Lambert leaving as a minor matter. It is a gigantic one in the circumstances.

I doubt they'd be able to sell the club even if they wanted to. Unless they wrote off all the debts it is essentially unsellable, and even if they did write off the debts, it's still a hard sell. Look how long it took the Trust to sell - and that was when we were a well run club in the Premier League! God knows who'd want to take over this mess but I can't imagine it being anybody sensible or trustworthy.

When the debt is mostly owed to the owners then it becomes a different playing field surely? I mean, if they're desperate to sell and only see a future which contains yet more reliance on their 'goodwill' then they may choose to cut and run. It's a big hit to take but maybe they might feel it's worth it.

The thing which interests me is the profile of the Championship. Potentially this division may play host to some big clubs next season. Sunderland, Newcastle, Aston villa, Sheffield Wednesday, Leeds, Nottingham Forest, Derby County and not to mention former premier league winner Blackburn Rovers. This division is surely approaching one of the top four divisions in the Europe. I wonder how long it'll be before tv rights for this league become bloated enough to sustain a club of our stature. Just a thought. In fact, it's almost a discussion worth its own thread imo.

We dont even know if Shaw and Myers were push/sacked by the owners or if either or both walk away.

If Nicko's story is Rovers wanted 2 new boardroom people then I dont see the owners wanting to sell the club

They'll end up planting any old persons in their in desperation like they did with Agnew/Shaw/Myers probably. I hope they do it properly but I wouldn't be surprised to see any old window dressing going on again. Too me they still seem as confused as ever.

If true, then Lambert was basically hired as one last attempt THIS season to get promoted.

Its looking that way isn't it! What convinces me is the consistency, its as dumb as just about everything else Venkys have done or believe.

When the debt is mostly owed to the owners then it becomes a different playing field surely? I mean, if they're desperate to sell and only see a future which contains yet more reliance on their 'goodwill' then they may choose to cut and run. It's a big hit to take but maybe they might feel it's worth it.

The thing which interests me is the profile of the Championship. Potentially this division may play host to some big clubs next season. Sunderland, Newcastle, Aston villa, Sheffield Wednesday, Leeds, Nottingham Forest, Derby County and not to mention former premier league winner Blackburn Rovers. This division is surely approaching one of the top four divisions in the Europe. I wonder how long it'll be before tv rights for this league become bloated enough to sustain a club of our stature. Just a thought.

Thats pretty good thinking, but i should think we will be relegated 3/4 seasons before it happens just like the EPL!

Look how quick Davies dumped Bolton when the parachutes were coming to an end and they'd no valuable players to sell. What worries me is the external debt is expanding and if whoever is lending gets tetchy because it's beginning to outweigh the clubs assets then unless we sell players again it's down to the owners to bung in a huge one off wad to pay it down.

That won't happen, remember Chris Samba being shunted out to pay Barclays their 10 mill. It's probably happened again a few times since to a lesser extent.

• Backroom

You're pairing Venky's with logic. They don't usually go together.

Besides of which, you still have the problem of finding a buyer! Even at £1 a loss making Championship club with dwindling attendances and a skeleton board structure can't be particularly appealing.

Besides of which, you still have the problem of finding a buyer! Even at £1 a loss making Championship club with dwindling attendances and a skeleton board structure can't be particularly appealing.

Well at least Seneca and the Rovers trust still seem to be out there if it came to that. Seneca look much better to me than that Sports Shield group at Bolton Wanderers.

Certainly regarding Seneca and the Rovers trust I would consider Seneca to be the much better option. Think they would be much better at raising capital too. If the fans (of course Seneca had 2 fans as spokespersons but in general) were going to buy the club as a collective trust it should have happened in the 70's, 80's. Maybe nobody had that type of idea then and people have described Rovers pre Jack as "community owned" (presumably Fox/Bancroft, etc had significant stakes and Hubert sold his shares to Jack a few years after leaving the board in mid 80's) and some fans owned shares. A few kept their shares even after Jack's takeover hence how the Rovers Trust bought some from one of those individuals. Now they receive a copy of the accounts (Grabko planning to review them soon) though I can't imagine a copy would have been too hard to find regardless.

At £1 and debt written off, it would be a blank canvas. Someone with ambition and business nous could make a go of it.

Lets not forget, its not the Club dragging Venkys down, its the other way round. With the decks cleared and Venkys out of the way, we'd have a fighting chance.

Archived