BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Official: Paul Lambert Appointed Blackburn Rovers Manager

DE.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh dear! Its not looking good eh Den? Myers "sad and disappointed" about having to leave because he can't do the job he believes he's meant to, Lambert putting out messages to the owners for weeks and being ignored and Garner weighing in, presumably a real itk. We could be reaching the lowest point yet. Haven't learned a thing have they?

Hope this disappointment isn't reflected in tomorrow's game.

Back to square one it appears. I was getting optimistic about next season but feel deflated now.

• Backroom
We’ve been here too many times, waiting for the owners to communicate. You’ve just got to hope and pray it’s not drifting back into the bad old days.

Strange quote. As far as I'm aware it's been bad days ever since Venky's first arrived. Lambert being appointed and having to manage an absolute shower on the pitch doesn't really count as 'good days' to me. Maybe next season if he's still around and has been backed with some cash, but even then it's hard to feel good about the club as long as these clowns are in charge.

Sohail Pascha....who is this man? Anyone any picture?

Guess the employee at Ewood Park.

Think you've misspelt his name.

Ironically, the first result for "Sohail Pascha" brings up a credit card scam. :lol:

Think you've misspelt his name.

Ironically, the first result for "Sohail Pascha" brings up a credit card scam. :lol:

As stated earlier he hates seeing his name mentioned on forums but probably time we started a thread on him. People keep asking the same questions on separate threads but many answers have already been given.

Think it was reported in some quarters that Lambert & Co appointed because V's really thought there was a chance of promotion through the play-offs this season.

Perhaps their world has come tumbling down !

I thought it was that when Lambert came in. As I had said a while back they will renig on their "promises" based on that. You can bet your bippy we'll be needing another manager by summer, for sure before the start of the season next.

Stupid stupid stupid, these numbnut, halfwits take idiocy to a whole new level.

Clearly Lamberts style has a bit of a buzz about the place, support himand the fans will be back onside, maybe not Rev heh heh, and we might, just might, get promoted. Promotion would payback in kind what they have put in so far. Why even hire Lambert and his team if you are not going to back him, bit like buying the Rolls and not driving it, for not wantingt put the petrol in it

Stupid stupid stupid, these numbnut, halfwits take idiocy to a whole new level.

Clearly Lamberts style has a bit of a buzz about the place, support himand the fans will be back onside, maybe not Rev heh heh, and we might, just might, get promoted. Promotion would payback in kind what they have put in so far. Why even hire Lambert and his team if you are not going to back him, bit like buying the Rolls and not driving it, for not wantingt put the petrol in it

Sums it up really

An attack on a fellow poster?Are you for real?How dare I question why he only posts something negative never anything positive.Please explain why you think my post is an attack?Your welcome to pm me

Just logged on and noticed these posts. I don't think they are unreasonable or a personal attack in any way shape or form but I still don't think Lambert has pulled up any trees since he's been here.

Someone above asked what I expected this season form PL. As an experienced manager I expected a significant improvement on GB, not the marginal one we've actually seen under PL. I expected a run of results that would push us close to pay off contention even if we didn't quite make it I expected I'm to install a winning mentality in the players and for us to us to carry on in the same vein as we did during his "honeymoon period", playing horrible football but grinding out a sequence of results which would see us steadily climbing the table. Instead after playing themselves into a situation whereby a win against Forest at home would have left us one point outside the playoffs the players seemed to down tools after that initial 5 game period.

In January I expected Lambert's extensive contacts at home and abroad to lead to a different quality of player being brought in but all I can see is a succession of generally low quality loanees and acquisitions being brought in the vast majority of whom will no doubt be replaced in summer by another batch of loanees. I can't see any long term strategy or forward planning.

Rhodes has obviously been mentioned and I suppose you can say that if Graham's signing is made permanent and he continues over the course of a full season to play and score as he has been doing then swapping the two has been a decent bit of business. That's two very big "if's" for me though still and how will things look if Graham does not sign in summer and the 9m from the Rhodes sale (promotion add on a bad bit of business in itself) isn't made available for investment in the squad?

Lambert is quite right to say the squad needs investment if the Club wants to move forward but has done little to show yet he is any better equipped than the next man to deliver promotion should that investment actually be forthcoming for me.

• Backroom

It makes no sense (typical Venkys) I'd they don't back him.

Back him with funds and his fitness regime will have us at the very least challenging the top six imo. Promotion equals an ADDITIONAL £200million to the coffers. That wipes ALL debt with £80 million to spare.

Spend that £80 million on 'all or nothing' to stay up and we'll (or they'll) have the full £200m to do with as they please.

SURELY both us and Venkys want that?

It makes no sense (typical Venkys) I'd they don't back him.

Back him with funds and his fitness regime will have us at the very least challenging the top six imo. Promotion equals an ADDITIONAL £200million to the coffers. That wipes ALL debt with £80 million to spare.

Spend that £80 million on 'all or nothing' to stay up and we'll (or they'll) have the full £200m to do with as they please.

SURELY both us and Venkys want that?

Everyone understands it as clear as day except Venkys it appears...they are India's version of confused.com

Archived