BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Official: Paul Lambert Appointed Blackburn Rovers Manager

DE.

Very much at a crossroads based on Lambert's comments.

It's all well and good saying we need them to go to rebuild/heal/move on but it needs to be done in the right way. Until then we very much need them to step up.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would be a crying shame and quite possibly the death knell if Lambert decides to walk, due to the owners either back tracking on promises, or failing to communicate with the manager full stop. I can't see Lambert putting up with the owners messing him around and what a pity it would be, as he seems to be just starting to turn things around.

I can't see thousands of Rovers fans putting up with it either. Crisis time.

Venky's, snatching despair from the jaws of hope

There's a good anagram in there for a new film.

Jaws - Snatching Venky's.

Although i'm not even sure that demonic sea monster could stomach their yellow bellies, cheap suits and tartan blankets.

But they would most definitely taste like chicken.

I think you'll find that the IPL starts on April 9th and goes on for a month, oh and their local team in Pune has spent a ton of money on some of the world's best players so Venkys are highly likely to be watching too much cricket to be bothered about BRFC until mid May. Lambert should wait until then to ask for spending money.

T20 they won't - so that gives em' a week to sort it out!

Why should he wait? It's a five minute phone call.

You clearly have more interest in Pune cricket than they have in BRFC.

Said Myers leaving was a worrying development on that thread and disappointingly it looks like I was right.

What I really can't get my head around is that, apart from the Lambert appointment, every decision has been made with cost cutting in mind. Why the hell appoint him in the first place? It really does mash your head up.

• Backroom

Said Myers leaving was a worrying development on that thread and disappointingly it looks like I was right.

What I really can't get my head around is that, apart from the Lambert appointment, every decision has been made with cost cutting in mind. Why the hell appoint him in the first place? It really does mash your head up.

Venky's have been illogical since day one, and continue to be so. It's almost like they're doing it on purpose just to screw with us at this point.

Still think this could be much ado about nothing (or at least not much). Lambert won't walk until he knows for certain that investment isn't coming. He'll do it in June earliest if he's going to.

Venkys have always been tortuously slow in communication but they'll have sat down with him by then. As has been said, whoever got Lambert in knows his stuff and has their ear. And another consideration that hasn't been mentioned in a while is the complete folly of announcing to the football world that you have money to spend. So I wouldn't expect Venkys to do that whether they intend to spend or not.

Still think this could be much ado about nothing (or at least not much). Lambert won't walk until he knows for certain that investment isn't coming. He'll do it in June earliest if he's going to.

Venkys have always been tortuously slow in communication but they'll have sat down with him by then. As has been said, whoever got Lambert in knows his stuff and has their ear. And another consideration that hasn't been mentioned in a while is the complete folly of announcing to the football world that you have money to spend. So I wouldn't expect Venkys to do that whether they intend to spend or not.

Very well reasoned SKH but I can't help but bite every time something like this happens.

It's too often for my liking. Hiring Lambert is the only decent thing they've done. Which just begs more questions

And another consideration that hasn't been mentioned in a while is the complete folly of announcing to the football world that you have money to spend. So I wouldn't expect Venkys to do that whether they intend to spend or not.

You don't announce it to the football world, you are right. But you would certainly think that your acting CEO/MD and football manager would at least know the score! Maybe Myers does and doesn't like it, maybe Lambert does but doesn't want to upset the applecart just yet.

They highly likely took the advice of the indian advisor and thought that PL would get us up this season and it isn't panning out that way even with the little touch to get us out FFP

Wasn't particular convinced with PL myself but he's brought a strong backroom staff and given time and some cash it'll be our best chance since relegation

Anyone still think PL will be given the JR cash plus more as a summer warchest... No me neither

Can imagine Danny Graham's agent " Danny I'm trying me best to punt you on mate as there's no cash flow at this club for a decent contract "

PL makes a good point about the debt figure in his interview I wonder if when offered the gig he wasn't given as much information as he could have been

I said it when he came that it could all be a bit of a smokescreen by them and a last throw of the dice. We couldn't sign players at the time but we could roll the dice and change the management team. All that was covered by a few sales and with the loans in they hoped for a cheap stab at promotion.

Now they don't know what to do again and the wheels are about to drop off...again !

But do you know for certain he has been stonewalled?

Quite clear that he expected to have met with the owners before now so he knows his budget and can plan for the summer. He's pointed many times to the need to strengthen the squad and now he's pointing out the lack of admin leadership in the club as well.

He is not saying these things for nothing.

Can't prove it of course, but the explanation must be that Venkys are hiding, they are putting off a meeting with him because they have no good news for him. They are not used to employees standing up to them, which is why they always appoint people who are under-qualified, have everything to lose and daren't speak up.

Well they have met their match this time and Lambert won't lack offers when he chucks it in.

Once again, we will be the losers because we are the only ones left who care.

Got a really bad feeling about this. If it goes the way I suspect there is only one solution to safeguard my health-----disengage, after more than 60 years. A tragedy in the making awaits.

The term "grasping at straws comes to mind".

A lot will depend on the promises/plan sold to Lambert when he was appointed. He seemed very bullish early doors about this summer and the calibre of player we would be attracting. Something has clearly changed somewhere for Lambert to be so vocal.

The Myers business is another twist. It could be a jumping ship early move by Myers because he doesn't like the direction the club is going in. On the other hand - given the quotes from Lambert about 'the club has had people who know nothing about football' and the 'story will unfold' may indicate that Myers is in the 'knows nothing' category.

They highly likely took the advice of the indian advisor and thought that PL would get us up this season and it isn't panning out that way even with the little touch to get us out FFP

Wasn't particular convinced with PL myself but he's brought a strong backroom staff and given time and some cash it'll be our best chance since relegation

Anyone still think PL will be given the JR cash plus more as a summer warchest... No me neither

Can imagine Danny Graham's agent " Danny I'm trying me best to punt you on mate as there's no cash flow at this club for a decent contract "

PL makes a good point about the debt figure in his interview I wonder if when offered the gig he wasn't given as much information as he could have been

Anybody who watched the squad we had at the beginning of the season would have deduced we were more likely to be relegated than promoted.

Even if we'd have brought Lionel Messi in as a player-manager we wouldn't have made the play-offs.

I can't believe that anybody with half a brain could think we were potential promotion candidates.

As ever SKH, a far more balanced post than i'm capable of. But just a couple of things about that scenario. We've got Danny Graham with us at the moment. He's made a big difference to our side. Shouldn't we be doing our utmost to tie him down now before someone else pips us to it? Also, if June is the time for Lambert to jack it all in, isn't that another big problem? Will it not mean another wasted season to follow?

If this lot want to roll the dice one final time then they must be aware this is as good a chance as they'll get. If they don't fancy rolling it one more time, then why pay top dollar for an actual manager in the first place? This is the trouble as i see it. They don't know what they want and as a result they do neither one nor the other. How on gods green earth have these chumps ever managed to assemble wealth and keep it is beyond me. Perhaps we are just karma's channel for them losing all they were given. You'd think maybe some of the old man's acumen might have rubbed off on one of them.

If they start selling players again and don't give him at least some sort of backing, I'm not talking 15 mill either then I'm done. If he walks then we know he's been bullshited just like we have for 5+ years. It'll be time for protests without a doubt but sadly it's all too late because they really won't give a toss and when they bail they'll do it on their terms you can be sure of that.

Anybody who watched the squad we had at the beginning of the season would have deduced we were more likely to be relegated than promoted.

Even if we'd have brought Lionel Messi in as a player-manager we wouldn't have made the play-offs.

I can't believe that anybody with half a brain could think we were potential promotion candidates.

These clowns have no brains that's for sure

The debt figure is only concerning should Venkys call it in. As well over £80 million is owed to the owners, then the actual (non venkys) debt would be under £20 million - which it was under the JW trust before the sale. Who knows how Venkys see it though!

If Lambert did not know the extent of Rovers problems then he does now. The trouble is that there is a danger that he will paint himself into a corner with his comments making his departure inevitable.

Venky will not like being called to account in public, Paul Hunt found out the hard way when a letter was leaked. Similarly Lambert holds all of the cards from a football perspective and will walk into another job tomorrow. His comments have got the fan base riled up and it's us who will suffer. Lambert must look over at what happened to Lennon at Bolton and be thinking 'that ain't happening to me'.

I'm trying to think of a way that this ends well. The only scenario I can see is if they back the man they brought in. The trouble is that the more public he goes in trying to force the issue, the more likely Venkys' pride and attempts to avoid loss of face will kick in. They won't want to be seen to be kowtowing to anyone. At the other end of the spectrum is the lack of cash and FFP hanging over our heads if we spend any.

On a more minor note at the current time, this will need to be resolved one way or another before releasing season ticket details.

More debt,more lack of communication,more mismanagement,more embarrassment as we are forced to wash our dirty linen in public....just more of the same old isn't it folks!

Rest assured nowts changed.

Well done Lambert,put your cards firmly on the table there pal with that interview and the spotlight firmly on Pune Towers...like it.

P.S

Anyone seen or heard of 'Silent Bob'.........

The debt figure is only concerning should Venkys call it in. As well over £80 million is owed to the owners, then the actual (non venkys) debt would be under £20 million - which it was under the JW trust before the sale. Who knows how Venkys see it though!

Don't think anyone knows how these clowns see it.

But it's a huge concern.. Reckon the FD Mr Chesterton is going to have to put some hours in unless silent bob does a hour or two..

The soap opera continues

Archived