BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Official: Paul Lambert Appointed Blackburn Rovers Manager

DE.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

#rovers boss Paul Lambert has not had direct talks with Venky's yet. He hopes to have 'some sort of clarification in a couple of weeks'.

Paul Lambert: "Thats what Im hoping for. Im pretty sure Ill get an answer whats going to happen and where we want to go with it.

Paul Lambert will tell Venky's they need a 'figurehead' at Ewood: "All successful clubs have somebody who pulls the strings off the pitch."

From Wheelock on twitter

Paul Wheelock - Lambert has not had direct talks with Venkys yet. Hopes to have 'some sort of clarification in a couple of weeks'.

Clutching at straws maybe but perhaps the Myers departure has changed things and the 'couple of weeks' delay is to enable them to appoint someone at Ewood to come in and be the middle man.

Worst case is they are mucking the manager around, not communicating with him and that will end in disaster.

I cannot for the life of me fathom why the owners and the manager would not have some sort of meeting to plan for next year even if it is "we aren't giving you any money". Bosman signings are as important as cash signings below the premiership if it's no money we need to be sounding out the best of the bargain basement signings, if it's no cash but a decent wage package then we need to be sounding out those players like Danny Graham. If it's premiership push then that will look after itself!

I can't see how barring relegation (highly unlikely) anything between now and the end of the season will change next years plan. Unless the owners are planning on a swift exit.

Not sure there's a massive rush myself. There's this tendency in a number of areas related to football to do or decide things prematurely. FIFA 2016 comes out in September 2015, the MOTM in games is decided in about the 85th minute, the player of the season is decided in April, Guardiola is announced as City's manager for next season in March. What's wrong with waiting until the end of the season, deciding for definite that Lambert is the right man for the job, then looking at what he needs based on what he's seen of his players over that 8 extra games.

This is my positive spin on it as we all know what Venkys are like, but I do thing its jumping the gun to declare we're doomed (Scottish accent).

Not sure there's a massive rush myself. There's this tendency in a number of areas related to football to do or decide things prematurely. FIFA 2016 comes out in September 2015, the MOTM in games is decided in about the 85th minute, the player of the season is decided in April, Guardiola is announced as City's manager for next season in March. What's wrong with waiting until the end of the season, deciding for definite that Lambert is the right man for the job, then looking at what he needs based on what he's seen of his players over that 8 extra games.

This is my positive spin on it as we all know what Venkys are like, but I do thing its jumping the gun to declare we're doomed (Scottish accent).

I understand what you are saying, but I think this season we have suffered due to mistakes and problems last summer. Of course the embargo was a huge part of it, but bringing in new players last minute, and a flawed pre-season, were responsible for us playing catch up with our rivals from the word go this season.

If we have serious hopes of promotion then the groundwork needs to be laid in April and May, not waiting until June and July to find out what we are doing.

I'm sure Hughton and Karanka were plotting their summer moves early doors once they had come in and secured safety for their respective clubs. Plans need to be put in place. Pre-season training camps, friendlies, transfer targets, contract discussions.

As I say, if this is a short delay brought about for good reason or due to Myers' departure then I'm not too concerned. If Lambert meets them in April then I don't think its too alarming. If they are mucking people around then Lambert won't put up with it like Kean and Bowyer might have done.

If its the case that Venkys think they have more important things to worry about in their other businesses to bother talking to Lambert in the same weeks that accounts revealed their commitment is over £100 million then that is one of the strangest things I have ever heard.

When you've brought a manager in and possibly promised things then he's every right to ask for clarification. Especially if alleged scheduled meetings don't take place.

Yes we don't want to jump the gun but this has the typical Venkys ownership farce written all over it again. Strange things keep going on yet no alarm bells ring with some ?

• Moderation Lead

When you've brought a manager in and possibly promised things then he's every right to ask for clarification. Especially if alleged scheduled meetings don't take place.

Yes we don't want to jump the gun but this has the typical Venkys ownership farce written all over it again. Strange things keep going on yet no alarm bells ring with some ?

Alarm bells are always ringing with this lot, and they always have. I don't see the point in jumping to conclusions because they are so unpredictable!

It really is the case of 'wait and see' as unbearable as that is at times.

Alarm bells are always ringing with this lot, and they always have. I don't see the point in jumping to conclusions because they are so unpredictable!

It really is the case of 'wait and see' as unbearable as that is at times.

Aye but if you don't draw your own conclusions with Venkys then there are non to be drawn :blink:

Maybe Lambert has realised they operate a don't call us we'll call you policy and if he doesn't hound them out then nothing at all will happen. Wait and see with this lot basically just means you'll remain as you are until something happens to force someone's hand.

If I feel like quoting Nixon then I will do.

ENJOY BEING UNPOPULAR DO YOU?

. Moaning for instance because I said Shearer couldn't dribble like original Ronaldo.

NOT A MOAN, JUST MY OPINION, AND IMO THE CORRECT ONE. DONT MOAN BECAUSE PEOPLE DON'T AGREE WITH YOU.

I am sure that Lambert stated that a meeting was scheduled with the owners, during the International break. If that is the case then why has this not taken place? Surely getting the nod on what the plans are for next season is crucial, as we have nothing but pride to play for this season now. i don't think Lambert is the type to be messed about and genuinely see him walking, if this is the farce it appears to be.

Its a fecking disgraceful situation IMO! And shows me Venkys haven't changed and have learned nothing.

A major rebuilding of the squad is required and a respected manager and coaching team have no idea what the plan is for next season because the owners aren't communicating with them. Theres only weeks left of this season FFS. There are
a good number of players out of contract at the end of the season and PL doesn't know whats happening with them.

And its not frustrating because I, as a supporter, don't know. I'm angry because The Footballer manager doesn't know and he's having to communicate through press interviews. He's being diplomatic in those interviews, but him and the coaching staff must be saying privately WTF are these people doing.

Its rank bad governance from people who have systematically damaged this Club from the minute they walked through the door.
If they haven't got the time or inclination to run this club properly then sell up and f**k the hell off.

I think the key term is alleged in that second sentence. To be honest its hard to be alarmed the hundredth time the bell goes off, as K-Hod says this type of behaviour should be entirely expected from Venkys by now. It doesn't surprise me at all that they haven't finalised plans with Lambert yet. I think a number of factors are in play, many we're familiar with by now:

1. They're generally quite disorganised and inefficient.

2. They're old-school in how they treat employees, you don't demand meetings, they summon you. I'd imagine this is typical of most developing-world businesses.

3. They're somewhat disillusioned with the whole Rovers project by now. Its cost them a fortune, resulted in zero expansion for them as a business and achieved only negative publicity.

4. They'd rather concentrate on successful businesses in their portfolio than one which it would be extremely difficult to ever make money on.

5. They don't intend to keep spending money.

I'm clinging on to the idea that there's someone in the family still interested in making it work (its probably just one person by now) and that that interest may result in some investment. Lambert was an investment no doubt with his wage, it'd be strange if more didn't follow. But presenting Lambert with the golden ticket as soon as he moves us towards safety? It was never gonna be that easy.

He's probably got the likes of Graham and his agent on his case asking if there will be an offer on the table or should they be looking elsewhere. Also he may well be lining targets up with the odd word in the odd ear so he'll need an idea, it's common flippin sense and shows they are learning nothing about how football works.

Also they are now having to deal with an actual organised manager not a grinning syncophant yes man like some of the previouus coaches.

I think we've always wondered how they'd deal with a proper manager telling them how HE wants to do things and how best to go about it. Fasten the seatbelts we are about to find out !

It would be a crying shame and quite possibly the death knell if Lambert decides to walk, due to the owners either back tracking on promises, or failing to communicate with the manager full stop. I can't see Lambert putting up with the owners messing him around and what a pity it would be, as he seems to be just starting to turn things around.

Link?

https://audioboom.com/boos/4371931-this-club-has-had-people-who-don-t-have-a-clue-about-football-paul-lambert-onerovers

"Building something and a brick keeps getting pulled away all you're doing is keeping same level and its something I certainly don't want to be that way inclined of being at same level."

Good grief get the damn message for once idiots! (Venkys)

Sounds like Lambert is prepared to walk if Venkys do not give him assurances about backing him in the market, and putting a proper Chairman in place.

As others have mentioned this could go badly wrong. With precious little left behind the scenes, Lambert and his team are all that is keeping us looking up rather than down.

Will Venkys act meaningfully and within the time-frame of a couple of weeks?! - based on the last 5 years you wouldn't bet on it.

Relegation was the worry of a few weeks ago, but this could be equally as big a problem.

Archived