BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Official: Paul Lambert Appointed Blackburn Rovers Manager

DE.

I'd go so far as to say if Cortese is being sounded out it could be the start of a Venkys exit strategy. He brokered the Marcus Liebherr deal for Southampton I believe. And I think I'm right in saying he was supposed to be fronting a group interested in Leeds. If they want his involvement it's as head honcho. There is no way on this planet he'll be looked at or even consider a position where he answers to India. The whole subservient thing won't wash with him. If there's any truth in this then I'd say we can expect huge changes at the club.

...and he would be a hell of a lot more trustworthy brokering a takeover deal than Jerome Anderson. Think that's the only way Venkys could get him involved really...still better not get any hopes up.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd go so far as to say if Cortese is being sounded out it could be the start of a Venkys exit strategy. He brokered the Marcus Liebherr deal for Southampton I believe. And I think I'm right in saying he was supposed to be fronting a group interested in Leeds. If they want his involvement it's as head honcho. There is no way on this planet he'll be looked at or even consider a position where he answers to India. The whole subservient thing won't wash with him. If there's any truth in this then I'd say we can expect huge changes at the club.

Just asked Nixon if there's any slim chance of that. He does not think that's the case and neither does he think Cortese would come.

Said they have actually made contact with him though. Don't know whether that would be "feelers" or "madame" has lowered herself to speak to a mere executive.

We have owners that don't listen, don't care and to be frank are a bit thick, so it doesn't matter who you put at the helm its always going to end one way, in tears, isn't it?

It's irrelevant who owns us, what's relevant is we get proper football people in, and Cortese is that. Just a rumour at this stage but if they carry on hiring like they did with PL, it would be another step back IMO.

We could be owned by a local business who listens to fans or even goes in the bburn end, if they can't put the money in - it would be pointless.

It's irrelevant who owns us, what's relevant is we get proper football people in, and Cortese is that. Just a rumour at this stage but if they carry on hiring like they did with PL, it would be another step back IMO.

We could be owned by a local business who listens to fans or even goes in the bburn end, if they can't put the money in - it would be pointless.

Are you serious? its irrelevant who owns us? sorry Jbizzle, you've posted some bunkum in the past but that takes the biscuit.

Let me guarantee you one thing, as long as these idiots in Pune continue to run the club we'll carry on going one way, backwards.

Anyone who thinks someone like Cortese will come here first of all is mad, and if he did, he'll make a difference? is living in cloud cuckoo land.

Myers is the latest one to walk, Shaw a few weeks earlier, and they join a long line of people, good or bad, that could not work with those 3 stooges.

Wake up man, before its to late :angry2:

Classic Gav, welcome back pal :)

Its one word on a post, I know what you're saying but ultimately its more relevant what happens on the pitch!

I'm still open to them being the owners long term if they can't sort their proverbials out.

I never thought we'd get another manager Gav, you should know we discussed GB a lot - point is I was wrong. Hopefully, you are wrong on Cortese or a qual CEO.

Myers is the latest one to walk, Shaw a few weeks earlier, and they join a long line of people, good or bad, that could not work with those 3 stooges.

Wake up man, before its to late :angry2:

Appreciate the sentiment but not sure that Shaw and Myers are a huge loss especially IF the replacements are a similar upgrade to the change in coaching staff/manager...

Suspect del boy had to leave because he was put in his place by PL. Myers a little more disconcerting but wtf has he actually done whilst here??

Appreciate the sentiment but not sure that Shaw and Myers are a huge loss especially IF the replacements are a similar upgrade to the change in coaching staff/manager...

Suspect del boy had to leave because he was put in his place by PL. Myers a little more disconcerting but wtf has he actually done whilst here??

What is the point of any directors if they have no power or authority unless a proper structure is brought in to run the club from the UK there is no point in appointing puppets

Classic Gav, welcome back pal :)

Its one word on a post, I know what you're saying but ultimately its more relevant what happens on the pitch!

I'm still open to them being the owners long term if they can't sort their proverbials out.

I never thought we'd get another manager Gav, you should know we discussed GB a lot - point is I was wrong. Hopefully, you are wrong on Cortese or a qual CEO.

We have gone backwards season after season on the pitch, so yes that's important, we're currently 9 points away from league 1 and you still think Venkys are our best option long term?

You're not alone in your thinking, I wonder just what has to happen for people to realise Venkys are killing the club.

It's not about those 2, it's about the constant revolving door of people that can't work with those 3 stooges.

We had the best CEO in the business, he left as he couldn't work with idiots, that tells you all you need to know.

Irrelevant ? Haha and you say your not a WUM

We have gone backwards season after season on the pitch, so yes that's important, we're currently 9 points away from league 1 and you still think Venkys are our best option long term?

You're not alone in your thinking, I wonder just what has to happen for people to realise Venkys are killing the club.

It's not about those 2, it's about the constant revolving door of people that can't work with those 3 stooges.

We had the best CEO in the business, he left as he couldn't work with idiots, that tells you all you need to know.

When they go and the rebuild starts from wherever there will still be folk saying we was better with venkys .

Let's hope they are ignoring Lambart because they are going

I don't know where I say that they are the best option? What I said was more about it being unimportant if the football side is fixed.

I'd struggle to believe anyone could disagree, we all want the same. The names on the deeds is irrelevant.

I don't know where I say that they are the best option? What I said was more about it being unimportant if the football side is fixed.

I'd struggle to believe anyone could disagree, we all want the same. The names on the deeds is irrelevant.

The names on the deeds are the very reason we are dicked

So when Jack Walker had his name on the deeds it was an irrelevance?

The Trust had their names on the deeds, irrelevant?

Simply not true, the ownership of the club impacts on every aspect of the club, its vitally important and why Blackburn Rovers has been destroyed under Venkys tenure.

I do understand what you're trying to say, you've been proven wrong so far and I think you'll continue to be proven wrong.

I'm sure still though, if Venkys could bring us back in the prem and turn us round - we'd all take it?

I'm not talking about forgiving, plus the scenario is bigger than just Venkys = killing the club. They have been the cause of it but that's not to say they cannot arrest it.

We are in a no win situation, Venky's are our only option because I honestly can't see anyone buying the club right now in the state that it is. If Venky's leave and the club is about to go under there is no guarantee there will be someone there to bail us out. I know there have been a lot of clubs that have been saved from the edge of the abyss, but some actually do go over.

I think it's a very realistic possibility without the Venky's the club will fold.

I'm sure still though, if Venkys could bring us back in the prem and turn us round - we'd all take it?

I'm not talking about forgiving, plus the scenario is bigger than just Venkys = killing the club. They have been the cause of it but that's not to say they cannot arrest it.

Venkys have taken us backwards season on season, we're 9 points away from league one with the likes of Spurr, Brown, Steele and Apkan playing for us, the Premiership is about as likely as me winning the lottery, and I don't buy a ticket!

He was one of them. The other...Markus Leibherr.

If there's a slim chance in hell that is the case how about picking up the phone and calling somebody?

Like Lambert for instance.

Liebherr was the money behind Southampton's rise, but Cortese was the brains behind the operation. It was Cortese that brought Liebherr to the table when they were in administration, brokered the takeover, Liebherr liked him so much that his takeover was dependent on Cortese agreeing to become chairman. It was Cortese that fired Pardew despite winning the Paint Trophy and appointed Adkins who took them straight to the Premier League and then ruthlessly sacked him and brought in Pochettino.

The very arrangement we should strive for - wealthy foreign owners who stay out of the way and leave decisions in the hands of a clued up chairman who knows how to do the job. Liebherr had very little input except financial. Then he died and his daughter wanted to take more interest in running the club and fell out with Cortese.

Liebherr was the money behind Southampton's rise, but Cortese was the brains behind the operation. It was Cortese that brought Liebherr to the table when they were in administration, brokered the takeover, Liebherr liked him so much that his takeover was dependent on Cortese agreeing to become chairman. It was Cortese that fired Pardew despite winning the Paint Trophy and appointed Adkins who took them straight to the Premier League and then ruthlessly sacked him and brought in Pochettino.

The very arrangement we should strive for - wealthy foreign owners who stay out of the way and leave decisions in the hands of a clued up chairman who knows how to do the job. Liebherr had very little input except financial. Then he died and his daughter wanted to take more interest in running the club and fell out with Cortese.

Think that can be countered by talking about Jack and Dalglish (Harford too as some have even called him the brains) and we know which one has a statue don't we? Obviously the impact at Southampton hasn't been that monumental (and Liebherr was barely there for 2 minutes which was unfortunate) but its been pretty damn big. Yes he fell out with Liebherr's daughter I remember an article in the Mail "Liebherr the dream wrecker!"

Couldn't quite pin my finger on it but kinda reminded me of something...

Obviously the impact at Southampton hasn't been that monumental (and Liebherr was barely there for 2 minutes which was unfortunate) but its been pretty damn big.

I would argue that their impact at Southampton was the equivalent of the Rovers situation. They took them from third tier to being a solid premier league outfit/ challenging for Europe (with an amazing academy structure to boot) in next to no time.

Well you got a reaction! The MeerKat approves!

If there is genuine interest in someone of this calibre, presumably the transfer money PL needs will follow? That would mean a really serious attempt at redemption. Dare I hope?

Don't do it to yourself. We'll get that tosser David Campese instead. Or Bobby Davro.

No, Nixon just got the name wrong. The man in the frame is Jorge Bergoglio....

Venky's believe he is infallible...

Should that be inflatable,

The Mods will make you do hail marys

Archived