BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Official: Paul Lambert Appointed Blackburn Rovers Manager

DE.

Grim reading.

Sounds like Lambert wants the club to be more like what it was pre-venkys in terms of a club structure.

History shows that Venkys have never even entertained the idea of going down that route and anyone thinking along those lines has either been sacked or jumped before being pushed.

Full credit to Lambert for trying but yet more suffering for the Rovers fans.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Pains me to say it but I stand by this.

He's clearly off but when that will be is the question

I wouldn't be surprised to see breaking news tomorrow myself

We need to send bloody Gomez back ASAP. There are guys on death row with more motivation than him.

Agreed. He isn't suited to Lamberts style or a struggling team. Stick him in Boro or Derby side and he'd look great probably. Add to it he's just not interested and is a lazy goat with a touch of the prima donnas about him.

Unless sacked he should see it through to the end of the season though. He knew damn well what he was getting into bed with and he should see it through till then. As manager he's a duty of care to the team, club and fans to do all he can to ensure we are safe.

I support him 100% but he's a complete chunt if he walks right now.

Anyone trying to make any sense of this needn't bother, nothing these idiots have done over the past 5yrs makes any sense.

Paul Lambert is a proper manager, experienced, respected, and it sounds like he's not going to put up with false promises and be a yes man to 3 chicken farmers from Pune.

We all want the best for the football club, but I really hope Lambert walks if they don't give him what they promised, the club will suffer in the short term, but it could just be the tipping point.

But I would prefer for Lambert to be given 20m and rebuild, if only Carlsberg......

I think this has been building for a little time. The speculation about mutterings in Ewood's corridors of power isn't new. I think Myers was the first real crack in Ewood's edifice.

I agree with Lambert's stance, but am wary that his very public musings about his future will surely feed through to the players. It must be playing on their mind.

Then again, I don't blame him and admire him for taking the idiots in Pune to task. The way he's gone public means that there won't be any smokescreens - the fans will know if Venky's have ballsed up. Some of our previous managers have seemed more interested in self preservation and staying on the gravy train - Lambert doesn't seem like he's prepared to do that.

The only other manager who anywhere near as forthright was Appleton. Given how badly it went though, we had no chance to see how Venky's reacted to his more direct nature (I don't believe that was why he was potted, it was more the imminent threat of relegation).

I think this has been building for a little time. The speculation about mutterings in Ewood's corridors of power isn't new. I think Myers was the first real crack in Ewood's edifice.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure you reacted to Lambert's appointment with talk of a new dawn and how Venky's were serious and ready to back Lambert financially.

Has something changed? Was what you heard wrong? This isn't a dig, but you have a history of making bold statements which can then be brought back up in future to prove you right. In this case, I hope you're wrong (though incidentally I think you're right on this one!)

PL wants the club to be organised properly. I thought when he was appointed that he had bitten off more than he could chew and it looks like he has. No manager can succeed under this lot and his best option is to get out before he damages his reputation too much and put it down to experience.

Right, well I think it's pretty clear now that Lambert will resign unless he gets a big lot of money and plans for a solid, Ewood-based CEO. Who's confident?

The Venkys 'thought' process is utterly baffling, as expected, but the question has to be asked: why did Lambert take the job in the first place? How could be not have known or done his research on what a terribly mismanaged club we are these days?

It now seems that the nightmare of Venkys clinging on to us as we sink further and further is coming to pass. Indian 'pride' at its worst.

I paricipated in all the protests in 2011/12 but now I'm just utterly at a loss to what we as fans can do. Full stadium boycott?

I'm hoping it won't come to this but if Lambert jumps or is pushed before the end of the season, I think that would be our best chance of a massive stadium boycott, if marketed correctly.

Fingers crossed it's wires crossed but doesn't seem so.

I can't believe Lambert would so dangerously further destabilise the fragile position of our club by publicly pleading for funds, and then refusing to commit his future to the club if he could have achieved whatever his objectives are behind closed doors.

He has been making the 'need to wait and see if we are backed' comments since December/January, just weeks after he had signed his contract.

There is no way our already-faltering players and staff will see the manager's comments and retain any lingering motivation to play for the shirt (one or two individuals excepted, of course).

Even if Lambert's desperate pleas do produce a comment from India, and the promise of backing, this ugly episode will mean we will not be comfortable in Lambert's commitment to us for a long time.

Stadium boycotts look silly - unless no one at all turns up. And I mean no one.

Better by far is 15,000 on the pitch and bringing the match to a halt.

Guaranteed worldwide publicity.

I agree with Lambert's stance, but am wary that his very public musings about his future will surely feed through to the players. It must be playing on their mind.

Then again, I don't blame him and admire him for taking the idiots in Pune to task. The way he's gone public means that there won't be any smokescreens - the fans will know if Venky's have ballsed up. Some of our previous managers have seemed more interested in self preservation and staying on the gravy train - Lambert doesn't seem like he's prepared to do that.

The only other manager who anywhere near as forthright was Appleton. Given how badly it went though, we had no chance to see how Venky's reacted to his more direct nature (I don't believe that was why he was potted, it was more the imminent threat of relegation).

I think this will be picked up on over the next few days as I think Lambert himself will have performed below the standards he sets himself through the insecurity he must be feeling at the moment. His Villa comparison tonight has revealed the personal pressure he is feeling. This article is a reminder of what he said he wouldn't get dragged into again: http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/644994/Exclusive-Paul-Lambert-reveals-offer-leave-Aston-Villa-before-axe-after-Lukaku-talks-News

If the leader starts to question the behaviour of the owners and his own position at the club, his staff are unlikely to perform to the best of their ability, so how can there be any winners from here??

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure you reacted to Lambert's appointment with talk of a new dawn and how Venky's were serious and ready to back Lambert financially.

Has something changed? Was what you heard wrong? This isn't a dig, but you have a history of making bold statements which can then be brought back up in future to prove you right. In this case, I hope you're wrong (though incidentally I think you're right on this one!)

I think Lambert & Co were appointed because the V's actually thought he could get us into the play-offs this season. I think to that extent, they were prepared to do enough to get the transfer embargo lifted (which they did) and substantially back Lambert in the window if we were looking threatening (and it was clear come January that play-offs looked a long shot so we saw 'limited support' in player recruitment).

V's may well have decided now that enough is enough having 'lost' getting on for £150m by the time this season ends.

Stadium boycotts look silly - unless no one at all turns up. And I mean no one.

Better by far is 15,000 on the pitch and bringing the match to a halt.

Guaranteed worldwide publicity.

This is exactly what should happen. But everyone has to join in.

I can't suggest any sensible forms of action as even if we burn the Indian flag shouting "Venky's out" and commit suicide at half time they are too ignorant and stupid to notice.

I can only suggest we start a new club when Rovers finally die.

Hard to believe that its coming to this but it most likely is.

Right, well I think it's pretty clear now that Lambert will resign unless he gets a big lot of money and plans for a solid, Ewood-based CEO. Who's confident?

The Venkys 'thought' process is utterly baffling, as expected, but the question has to be asked: why did Lambert take the job in the first place? How could be not have known or done his research on what a terribly mismanaged club we are these days?

It now seems that the nightmare of Venkys clinging on to us as we sink further and further is coming to pass. Indian 'pride' at its worst.

I paricipated in all the protests in 2011/12 but now I'm just utterly at a loss to what we as fans can do. Full stadium boycott?

He was either stratospherically naive in not fully doing his own due diligence before signing, or downright incompetent or overconfident in thinking that he could succeed where all others had failed against such a self-destructive, commercially suicidal, corporately clueless, un-communicative, desolate, community-destroying excuse for a business executive team (if this cap didn't fit, there would, by now, have been some comment from India on how they have so spectacularly failed to take even a 1% step towards achievement of a single stated objective from 2010).

The 5 year silence has confirmed we can now speculate that it was, after all, deliberate. A whole new avenue to explore....

He was either stratospherically naive in not fully doing his own due diligence before signing, or downright incompetent or overconfident in thinking that he could succeed where all others had failed against such a self-destructive, commercially suicidal, corporately clueless, un-communicative, desolate, community-destroying excuse for a business executive team (if this cap didn't fit, there would, by now, have been some comment from India on how they have so spectacularly failed to take even a 1% step towards achievement of a single stated objective from 2010).

The silence has confirmed we can now speculate that it was, after all, deliberate. A whole new avenue to explore....

Managers all seem to be fairly similar in all having am ego the size of a house, hide like a rhinoceros and a vastly inflated opinion of their own abilities. I have no doubt PL came in convinced he could get this squad into the play offs regardless of whatever mismanagement had occurred before he arrived.

The reality has proved somewhat different and I don't think you can place all the blame at the owners' door for what has happened since November when Lambert arrived. On paper they made an excellent appointment. They backed him as far as they could in January without immediately falling foul of FFP again but Lambert recruited very poorly and as yet has not lived up to his reputation by any stretch imo.

Unfortunately my reading of the situation is similar to Mercer's and I think the owners could be preparing to pull out in summer after finally deciding enough is enough but that's a separate debate.

I must say that I have been and remain tremendously impressed with Lambert. Once again, tonight, down to ten men he is still making attacking substitutions, looking to take the game to the opposition and grind out a result. Losing Lambert would be a huge blow to this club and one which I can see leading to a relegation struggle next season. If the owners aren't prepared to back the man that THEY appointed then there really is no hope for the club.

I could be way off here but one difference (among many others) is that Lambert has not made the trek over to Pune. Maybe the other managers knew the most effective and efficient way to discuss their plans was to go over there and discuss there plans face to face. Someone of Lamberts stature would not go down this road however and this may be the reason the response to his plans are so slow. We have heard many time the phrase 'Venky Time' so perhaps it's just a case of the owners getting to this in there own time.

The issue as we all know is that these plans need to be sorted out well before the end of the season however Venky's don't seem to understand this.

The other scenario is of course they have gone back on their promise to Lambert and are just delaying the confirmation of this news.

I must say that I have been and remain tremendously impressed with Lambert. Once again, tonight, down to ten men he is still making attacking substitutions, looking to take the game to the opposition and grind out a result. Losing Lambert would be a huge blow to this club and one which I can see leading to a relegation struggle next season. If the owners aren't prepared to back the man that THEY appointed then there really is no hope for the club.

We're in a relegation struggle WITH Lambert this season surely?

Albeit one we should narrowly survive.

I'm starting to believe there is no hope for the club now and I think this Lambert situation is what will confirm it. I just hope as someone said it's just Venky's being dozy and they just haven't relayed their plans to him.

Yes but it's not exactly his team is it. He made some signings in January but if he was able to spend money I'm sure he wouldn't have gone for loans and freebie's.

I strongly believe that with him able to sign players in the Summer things may just get better because as Parson said there is a progression there and an ethos. Just getting the players fit enough for a full 90 minutes is something we haven't had since the Allardyce days.

I'm 8k miles from home and I still have a gut feeling that PL is playing a game he will not win.Venkys have no idea how to run a football club but I'm sure they are not happy at the amount of cash they are losing are they prepared to gamble 20 million to reach the promised land I very much doubt it.

Rev, this squad needs 8 or 9 quality signings this summer to challenge for promotion.

We need rid of 10/11 players and rebuild the squad.

Thats why Lambert is pushing for big budget. The squad when he took over wasn't good enough for anything more than relegation scrap

Archived