BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Tea Party

Madon

• Backroom

Was Degsy there? Quite telling if he wasn't.

He was. I even (privately) asked him to clear up some confusion I had re: our embargo. He seemed calmer and more confident than last time I spoke to him when he was a quivering wreck.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Any mention of Koita and why he's not featuring? Fitness or just seen as bad?

No names mentioned in any depth, it was more about club philosophy and where the coaches wany to take us.

Btw, for those interested in donating STs to charity, just email Alan Myers and he'll arrange the appropriate transactions :)

Really enjoyable evening, everyone came over as professional, dedicated , ambitious. Lights years away from the Q&A previously.

It's as if the shackles have been lifted off the club. Credit to whoever brought about the change, lets hope small steps on a long journey.

Any mention of Koita and why he's not featuring? Fitness or just seen as bad?

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/14138571.Boss_explains_why_Fode_Koita_has_fallen_behind_Chris_Brown_in_Blackburn_Rovers_pecking_order/?ref=mac

Basically saying Fode isn't quite up to speed yet, does some good things and some not so good.

• Backroom

I thought last night was brilliantly organised and a massive credit to Alan Myers and the staff who organised the event.

The biscuits that everyone brought were put into a box that was then sent to a local charity, we chose a table to sit at where biscuits supplied by the club were laid out on a stand with tea/coffee/cordial etc.

There were a few competitions to win various prizes, a signed Paul Lambert training shirt, 2 tickets for tonights game, a signed football, and a home shirt signed by the full squad.

Lambert, Kelly, Damien Johnson & Eric Kinder were all interviewed by Alan Myers who showed off his journalist skills excellently.

A huge thanks to the club for organising this, hopefully it's the first of many. It really does feel as though the club has turned a corner.

Onwards and Upwards, Paul Lamberts Blue 'n' White Army!!

So refreshing to read the chat on here this last few whirlwind weeks. A massive sea change which was both welcome and necessary.

This is the kind of club I want to be a part of. Everyone pulling together behind the right professional team organising and motivating the team on the field.

This is all I've wanted these last few years - even the most recent two. There are no guarantees of success even now but it feels like we are now going about trying to achieve it in the right way.

Only thing to ask Santa for now is a win at t'Turf but that might just be a bit greedy.

• Backroom

One last thing which was the best part of the night which I forgot to mention...!

They showed the 'Olive' video that has been doing the rounds on social media, before proceeding to get her on stage to have a photo with Lambert and to present her with a brand new Nike coat as the club noticed her Kappa one was a bit outdated :tu:

The family club we once were is slowly but surely returning. :brfc:

I'm a bit confused as to what is actually happening at this club at the moment.

To me it seems as though someone at Venky HQ has suddenly woken up from a long hibernation, realised they have a professional football club to run, and have set about running it in a professional and sensible way in keeping with most other clubs we are up against.

Alan Myers is an odd one. When he first arrived at the club we had all sorts of positive schemes brought about to try and impress/re-engage the supporters after the devastation under Venkys. We had the golden tickets and new fan zone which coincided with the good work Bowyer was doing in rejuvenating the playing squad. For a while everything seemed like it was going well which reached its zenith in the summer of 2014.

Then all of a sudden Myers disappeared off the face of the earth. Nobody saw from him or heard from him, I understand that he has had health problems which could explain part of that but ultimately he was a 'Communications Director' who simply wasnt communicating. We heard nothing this summer about pressing issues such as FFP and the sale of key players.

All of a sudden the owners have sacked Bowyer and appointed Lambert and Myers is reborn as the man working hard to engage the supporters. Since Lambert's appointment we've had the 'Olive' videos and the Tea Party organised. I think its great that these things are being done, but its strange why there was such a long barren spell up until the last few weeks.

Could it be that Myers is fearing for his own position now that Venky's advisor has been on the scene and wielded the axe on Bowyer? Or has he been instructed to use Lambert's appointment and the feel good factor to maximum effect?

Excellent night at the club. Seems all the staff are buying into pulling Blackburn Rovers around.

Last season I went to the Disabled Xmas do and GB and his staff spoke to the crowd and it was terrible hardly any fire amongst them.

Last night Lambert and his staff spoke really well. The main theme running through was "Winning". A marked change in attitude.

Seems we will be busy Jan as Lambert said it was obvious to everyone we short in a few areas.

• Backroom

Thanks that's a fair assessment I would say I just hope he hasn't been written off completely

Archived