BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Reading Sun 20Th Dec

PL knows we need more strength in depth, he's said as much on several occasions. We just need to 'wee with the willy we've got' until January and then see what can be done about it. I'd definitely look to bring Lawrence on at some stage today as he'd no doubt give tiring defenders a nightmare.

Looking forward to the game. Funny feeling Koita will break his duck today.

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will be a bit of a flashback for the Reading fans seeing Guthrie & Akpan line-up in the same midfield! Hopefully they'll be extra determined to have a good game against their former club. Think it is our best central midfield combination and we saw a little bit of how well the compliment each other in the first half against Forest.

If you recall the Reading fans forums had very few good things to say about either Akpan or Guthrie, particularly the former, so no doubt they will be confident of running right through us today. Thankfully football rarely works out like that so we have a fighting chance. Too close to call though, this one. Like others, I too have a sneaky feeling Koita will break his duck today, probably with a scuffer or a deflection. COYB!!

• Backroom

Why has Lawrence suddenly been benched in favour of Koita? Seems weird that a couple of weeks ago Koita was below Brown in the pecking order, and now he's above Lawrence... is it a fitness thing with Lawrence, or does Lambert just want a big striker to compliment Rhodes?

Just looked on the on line eticket thing and Boxing day doesn't look that much busier than usual so far. Hopefully a good result today will get a few more down on what should traditionally be a big turnout regardless.

Why has Lawrence suddenly been benched in favour of Koita? Seems weird that a couple of weeks ago Koita was below Brown in the pecking order, and now he's above Lawrence... is it a fitness thing with Lawrence, or does Lambert just want a big striker to compliment Rhodes?

Lambert is looking for a Physical striker up front with Rhodes.

wouldn't be surprise if we sign a target man striker in January

Lambert is looking for a Physical striker up front with Rhodes.

wouldn't be surprise if we sign a target man striker in January

. I agree and I think Lambert alluded to liking a big target man when speaking about Wilbraham recently but in the meantime Think Brown will feature over Xmas and New Year fixtures

Archived