BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Reading Sun 20Th Dec

Feel we could get someone out of picture at a prem club that could do Rhodes job... Murray, Grabban, Gayle I recon would all cost less than what we could potentially get for Rhodes.

If they're out of the picture at their parent Clubs then presumably they'd be available on loan.

Hellishly risky selling Rhodes when by and large the other strikers at the club couldn't hit the proverbial cow's backside with a banjo. (HIs current lean spell notwithstanding)

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Heading for first defeat under Lambert. To be honest it's been coming, we've been lucky in a few games. Squad desperately needs a shake-up.

Yep. Rotherham and Forest performances suggested we were going to struggle today, which is why I predicted a draw or narrow loss. "Unbeaten runs" were common under Bowyer but they never really got us anywhere.

Lambert's done well to get the points he has, considering the poor level of overall performance, but we aren't going anywhere without some serious reinforcement. These players aren't up to a playoff push - not even close - and Rhodes' form has taken an absolute nosedive since Lambert arrived.

Williamson and Brown on........my god!

He's already said that it's a clean state for everyone to stake a claim. I honestly think Lambert is giving some of these players enough rope to hang themselves...or at least I hope that's the case!

Stats don't lie. We create so few chances, not just today but in most games, we are 1 of the lopwest in the league. We have had 1 effort on goal in the 2nd half today (2 now) despite us chasing the game. that is just not good enough. Midfield has been weak for years and is probably weaker now thanb it's ever been, unless Lambert can bring in a pairing who can get up and down the pitch, create chances and score goals this is a mid-table squad at best. Massive ask though.

If they're out of the picture at their parent Clubs then presumably they'd be available on loan.

Hellishly risky selling Rhodes when by and large the other strikers at the club couldn't hit the proverbial cow's backside with a banjo. (HIs current lean spell notwithstanding)

Original post stated if we were off the playoff place then sell (providing we are safe)... The its not so risky. We just need a bit of a overhaul in playing personnel to give Lambert a fair crack of the whip. Can totally understand folk not wanting to sell Rhodes.

• Backroom

He's already said that it's a clean state for everyone to stake a claim. I honestly think Lambert is giving some of these players enough rope to hang themselves...or at least I hope that's the case!

We have to remember that Lambert has probably written off this season and will use it to build his own tram across transfer windows.

To get a quick burst of points like we have is good going. I feel we will mirror the Souness promotion story.

Possibly even with Lenihan, Mahoney, Tomlinson aiding the climb next season.

We have to remember that Lambert has probably written off this season and will use it to build his own tram across transfer windows.

To get a quick burst of points like we have is good going. I feel we will mirror the Souness promotion story.

Possibly even with Lenihan, Mahoney, Tomlinson aiding the climb next season.

If that bit in bold is true then there is little point in bringing in loans.

• Backroom

Poor performance. From the looks of things we're becoming less likely to score as each game goes by. No goal from a Rovers player in three games (Rotherham was Sir OG). Just two shots in that second half, even though we were a goal down.

Will be interesting to hear Lambert's comments post match. At least he won't lie and tell us we had a 'right good go' (hopefully).

With the unbeaten run at an end, it's time to assess the reasons for our decline in performances and chances created over the past few matches and put it right. It's easy to call the season a write off, but if Lambert takes that attitude we will plummet down the table. The players need to be told there's something to play for, even if the fans have little hope of achieving anything this season.

Massive improvements needed in the squad. I would move Marshall on at this point as he has flattened to deceive too many times now. There are better (and hungrier) wingers out there than we would be able to bring in now that the embargo has lifted.

Agreed. With the benefit of hindsight he should have been sold to Brighton in the summer. Been desperately poor throughout his Rovers career for me apart from a real purple patch of about eight games first half of last season.

• Backroom

Really is time sole of the strikers stand up and be counted, I like Koita but sounds like he missed two sitters today and Rhodes sounds like he had a chance but just doesn't seem that interested.

I'm much happier than I was a few weeks ago as this season was over before Lambert arrived; time to rebuild this year and work out what suits us as a team.

There's a decent spine forming but up top it needs work

Creating chances is a huge problem, let alone scoring goals. We have real issues on this front as emphasised by our lack of goals in the last three games.

For my money we had one real chance at the end and one half chance in the first half today. Unfortunately for us both fell to Koita. The lad tries hard but the guy makes Jason Roberts look like Suarez.

On Marshall, after I said it looked like he was running through treacle earlier in this thread, one minute into the second half and the chap sat next to me turns to me and says 'he's lost a couple yards of pace yet he hasn't even had an injury!'. Summed up pretty well. Pity we didn't take the money in the summer.

Only the centre backs, Steele and perhaps Henley can come out of that game with any credit. January is needed, and bloody fast as I've a feeling Boro will take us to Town on Boxing Day.

Archived