BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Reading Sun 20Th Dec

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Conway is out biggest threat attacking wise.

Look at what Lambert's style was at Norwich and Villa? He like to play with a target man/ all round type striker/s and high tempo style and work rate.

I'm sure Lambert will have to adapt his style cos of our current playing staff

I said we need to add 7 or 8 new players to the squad with around 14/15 players of the current squad. Lambert will have to do most of the during the summer.

This current squad doesn't suit Lambert's style and tactics

you moaned at me when i said you had said we needed 5 players now we need a full new team.

I think Lambert will have learnt more about the players today than in any other game. Very few came out with much credit and quite a few damaged even further their rapidly diminishing stock. We need at least six new players I feel over two transfer Windows and if there are high profile casualties then so be it. Rhodes and Marshall definitely need to be benched as they are contributing next to nothing at the moment. I don't know if they are sulking or unhappy with the new regime but both are passengers. Am I right in saying Marshall has been taken off in all but one of the games Lambert has been in charge? Henley simply isn't good enough. Hanley and Duffy slipped back into their form of several weeks ago. Conway is out of form at the moment but works really hard. I really think Lambert will get it right but the current squad he inherited needs a radical overhaul. It is weak and pretty much one dimensional with too many average players and not enough winners or game changers.

Judging from the number of times Steele failed to hold onto relatively straightforward shots in this game, he should ask Santa to bring him a new pair of gloves. If not I can see a more predatory attack tucking away the numerous loose balls that he pushes out into the 6 yard box. In my opinion he just never looks comfortable when collecting a shot.

Extrapolating a full season from the (far from convincing performances ) in a few games against struggling, low on confidence opponents is an act of delusion.

So is expecting PL to right the wrongs of 3 years of reet good go's in 6 games

£130m in the coffers?

yes. Appreciate what you are saying but to me it's little by little. Chances are for promotion are: 10 to 1. 20 to 1? Just build for the future. We have got to compete when and if we get up there and if we fail, then no chance for 5 years at least and the £130m will end up wasted as panic will set in and the £130,000 wil end up £250,000 in debt and FFP again.

Give it time and just hang on in.

My opinion for sure.

It was always going to be tin hat time after Lambos first defeat. I'm not getting into the Bowyer v Lambo thing, but this isn't PL's team, and quite frankly he's done a sterling Job.

The re building hasn't even started, this is digging in and circling the wagons.

I'm repeating myself, but it's not about this season it's NEXT SEASON.

So strap yourselves in.

Conway is out biggest threat attacking wise.

Look at what Lambert's style was at Norwich and Villa? He like to play with a target man/ all round type striker/s and high tempo style and work rate.

I'm sure Lambert will have to adapt his style cos of our current playing staff

I said we need to add 7 or 8 new players to the squad with around 14/15 players of the current squad. Lambert will have to do most of the during the summer.

This current squad doesn't suit Lambert's style and tactics

It doesn't suit anyones tactics. It didn't suit Bowyer's tactics as 3 wins from 16 games tells you. While he was quietly assmbling a League 1 team, you didn't notice till he'd gone.

TBF Chaddy I always try to be fair to you with your regular spats with Abbey but you did have a bit of a moan when he picked you up on you saying we needed 5 players and now you've upped it to 7 or 8!

TBF Ricky, When I said 3 or 4 players in I was talking about signing them in January.

I think we need 7 or 8 in the next 2 transfers window to stand a chance of promotion next season.

But I have faith in Lambert, Irvine and Kelly to get us promote within the next 2 and half years.

No, he's upped it to "7 or 8 new players" "plus a winger and a striker with pace" "plus other ares of the team" which he "will discuss in the transfer thread".

You really couldn't make it up.

Oh sorry, Am I not allowed to post my thoughts about what we need to achieve promotion.

At least I have my posts on Rovers topics and suggestion potential signings and positions we need to strength in instead of moaning about people thoughts/views.

TBF Ricky, When I said 3 or 4 players in I was talking about signing them in January.

I think we need 7 or 8 in the next 2 transfers window to stand a chance of promotion next season.

But I have faith in Lambert, Irvine and Kelly to get us promote within the next 2 and half years.

Oh sorry, Am I not allowed to post my thoughts about what we need to achieve promotion.

At least I have my posts on Rovers topics and suggestion potential signings and positions we need to strength in instead of moaning about people thoughts/views.

Of course you're allowed to. Just don't be surprised when others pick you up on your mega inconsistencies.

Some absolutely embarrassing comments about our new manager, proving that people will say anything to protect Bowyer.

He's gone and he isn't coming back, thankfully.

There were some VERY embarrassing comments when Bowyer was here. Someone even compared Lambert's arrival to the time Dalglish arrived. That was embarrassing. Performances have been poor since Lambert arrived...defensive, negative football. Nowt wrong with that if he keeps getting results but he's had an easy start as far as the oppo are concerned. Let's see how he does against decent oppo before we hail him as the new Messiah. He's getting less out the players than Bowyer did at present.

Looking forward to the 'fast, attacking football' he promised though!

There were some VERY embarrassing comments when Bowyer was here. Someone even compared Lambert's arrival to the time Dalglish arrived. That was embarrassing. Performances have been poor since Lambert arrived...defensive, negative football. Nowt wrong with that if he keeps getting results but he's had an easy start as far as the oppo are concerned. Let's see how he does against decent oppo before we hail him as the new Messiah. He's getting less out the players than Bowyer did at present.

Less out of the players but more points on average isn't it?

Performances were great under Bowyer. Rewriting history already. Total bs.

You're still butthurt about Bowyer being sacked, aren't you?

• Backroom

6 games, 3 wins, 2 draws and 1 loss... and he's getting less out of the players? Come on. We may not be scoring as many as we were under Bowyer, but we're also conceding less. Any manager worth his salt builds from the back, and then adds to that over time.

Boring Chaddy

What a lovely comment from you. Lol

Its yourself who is boring keep making these some boring comments and previous ones.

Lets comments about Rovers topics and drop the personal attacks.

Now back to the game, hopefully Lambert will learn from this poor performance and set us up to be more attacking. Maybe more 4-4-1-1 with Lawrence in the hole

No, he's upped it to "7 or 8 new players" "plus a winger and a striker with pace" "plus other ares of the team" which he "will discuss in the transfer thread".

After the Bristol match I thought we needed a couple of players, after todays match I fear we need 11 plus subs.

The biggest positive out of that result is that I was REALLY miffed that we lost. I'd stopped caring under Bowyer and got the the point that I felt miffed when we ragged a draw under him.

I'm looking fwd to January and the rest of the season. I still think we can catch the top six with some quality additions but it's all in preparation for 16-17.

What a lovely comment from you. Lol

Its yourself who is boring keep making these some boring comments and previous ones.

Lets comments about Rovers topics and drop the personal attacks.

Now back to the game, hopefully Lambert will learn from this poor performance and set us up to be more attacking. Maybe more 4-4-1-1 with Lawrence in the hole

You're incorrigible Chaddy! I don't know how I got sucked in. Hats off to you!

Archived