BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Reading Sun 20Th Dec

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Without wanting to get fully into the Rhodes debate again, neither is having a crap midfield. Den. We also need to get away from this idea that having a guy up front that can hold the ball up a bit better is somehow miraculously going to turn poor players into good ones

I agree about the midfield being weak Rev.

I think there's enough evidence that Bowyer having an eye for a good player is a total myth as well. This is his squad and it's very short of quality and very short of balance. There is no option to change things from the bench, for the better. IMO a total rethink and rebuild is essential.

• Backroom

That's up to him, not me. I just find it bizarre that you'd actively want him to throw points away as a way to prove we need new players.

Where did I say that? I was just trying to provide an explanation as to why they were brought on.

Where did I say that? I was just trying to provide an explanation as to why they were brought on.

"I hope Lambert is doing it to make a point to the owners - look what we've got, nowhere near good enough, help me out here."

Aka you hope lambert is making decisions on a matchday based on something other than winning points. I personally don't.

Predictable result.

Season over.

Get rid of the deadwood (of which there is plenty) and blood the kids.

Go again next season.

We haven't played half a season yet and you are writing the season off - really ?

If PL is as good as we all hope he is - with the right additions in January he should be able to get us into the top 6 - thereafter it is a bit of a lottery.

• Backroom

"I hope Lambert is doing it to make a point to the owners - look what we've got, nowhere near good enough, help me out here."

Aka you hope lambert is making decisions on a matchday based on something other than winning points. I personally don't.

Certainly not what I meant, I assure you. By gones though chief, it's the season of good will and I don't want to get into a slanging match with you. Happy holidays and here's to a better performance against Boro. We're going to need it.

Certainly not what I meant, I assure you. By gones though chief, it's the season of good will and I don't want to get into a slanging match with you. Happy holidays and here's to a better performance against Boro. We're going to need it.

I said the forest game was the barometer for how far we've come, yet today has shown how difficult this division can be.

I agree, hopefully an improvement vs Boro to get back in the points.

We have to remember that Lambert has probably written off this season and will use it to build his own tram across transfer windows.

To get a quick burst of points like we have is good going. I feel we will mirror the Souness promotion story.

Possibly even with Lenihan, Mahoney, Tomlinson aiding the climb next season.

I agree with you there Mike, Lambert and his staff are still assessing the squad here and seeing who is good enough to be his promotion squad next season. I feel we need around 7 or 8 new players in and a striker and winger with pace aswell. plus other areas in the team.(will discuss in the transfer thread where we need to strengthen there). Lambert has a decision to made on whether Rhodes will be part of his team

Loans may be with a view to buy. Something we've had pretty good luck with in the past.

I agree. Wouldn't be surprised if Lambert is looking at bringing in a couple on loans with a view to a permanent deal in the summer if they performance well enough

In January there probably isn't a single player I wouldn't sell it a decent offer came in and we could use the cash; sad indication of where we are at the moment.

We need a king or a hoilett, someone who may frustrate as much as excite but can pick up a ball and run at the full back, wonder if Barrow would be available again?

Totally agree but unfortunately Tom most Rovers fans just don't have the bloody patience to tolerate frustrating players who have ability. Not totally convinced Barrow is that good of a player, just looks a bit light and ineffective. Think we need some pre quality experience that has fallen out of favour at their clubs.

Does he? Rhodes scores 20 every season and our other 3 strikers are absolutely hopeless. Koita and Brown will be lucky to ever score for the club. And the less said about Delfonso the better.

Score tally says Delfonso is better then Koita and Brown put together,

What does PL have against Delfonso, he didn't like him at Villa

'We could have scored a couple in the first half when we dominated the game.' Little bit worrying quotes like that from PL. We had only the Koita headed chance to show for in the first half and yet again, that came from a set piece. Hopefully he's telling the players something different behind closed doors.

He has scored around 15 goals in his career and couldn't get in Blackpools team last month. Hes terrible.

is he loaned out? i couldn't see Koita or Brown getting in Blackpools team? i don't recall actually seeing Delfy play so can't really say myself but he can't be anywhere near as bad as Brown???

just had a quick look on wiki Delf has scored more goals the Koita and no doubt against better teams, so that point doesn't stand for much,

to be fair all need getting rid off all of them and 1 good striker coming in and a back up

Does he? Rhodes scores 20 every season and our other 3 strikers are absolutely hopeless. Koita and Brown will be lucky to ever score for the club. And the less said about Delfonso the better.

Of course he does.

Lambert isn't building his team around him at all.

What was Rhodes's work rate like today?

On Delfouneso, He has scored more goals than Koita and Brown put together this season. he brings pace to the team that we lack

Lambert's post game comments

http://www.rovers.co.uk/news/article/paul-lambert-blackburn-rovers-reading-2861594.aspx

Of course he does.

On Delfouneso, He has scored more goals than Koita and Brown put together this season. he brings pace to the team that we lack

Lambert's post game comments

http://www.rovers.co.uk/news/article/paul-lambert-blackburn-rovers-reading-2861594.aspx

Lambert's given his own version of "having a right good go" (copyright G Bowyer) there. If we do bounce back as he claims, then well and good. But we're not scoring goals at present and you can't win games by not scoring.

Chaddy, Delfounesco's awful.

Of course he does.

Well surely the answer is to build the team around him? As believe it or not goalscorers who score over 20 every season aren't easy to replace.

Lambert hasn't come up with an attacking game plan at all yet, hopefully he will with time, against Preston we were quite poor but won, same v Brentford, we created not that much against Wednesday or Forest and I didnt go today or to Bristol to comment. Theres no point expecting him to physically dominate.

He is quite hamstrung with the squad we have, bar Conways crosses, who else do we have to support Rhodes? He needs the ball to feet and closer to goal, not long balls aimed at him.

He has scored more than zero goals? So has Jordan Pickford for us, and Luke Hyam. And hes not even as fast as I remember. If you think players like Delfonso can help us in a play off push then you are sadly mistaken.

Lambert needs to come up with a way of attacking to suit Rhodes ASAP, as hes by far our best player, hes sorted us out defensively, but thats not enough for promotion. Hes been here for 6 games so you would hope to see small signs of a change in style going forward now.

Well surely the answer is to build the team around him? As believe it or not goalscorers who score over 20 every season aren't easy to replace.

Lambert hasn't come up with an attacking game plan at all yet, hopefully he will with time, against Preston we were quite poor but won, same v Brentford, we created not that much against Wednesday or Forest and I didnt go today or to Bristol to comment. Theres no point expecting him to physically dominate.

He is quite hamstrung with the squad we have, bar Conways crosses, who else do we have to support Rhodes? He needs the ball to feet and closer to goal, not long balls aimed at him.

He has scored more than zero goals? So has Jordan Pickford for us, and Luke Hyam. And hes not even as fast as I remember. If you think players like Delfonso can help us in a play off push then you are sadly mistaken.

Lambert needs to come up with a way of attacking to suit Rhodes ASAP, as hes by far our best player, hes sorted us out defensively, but thats not enough for promotion. Hes been here for 6 games so you would hope to see small signs of a change in style going forward now.

I still don't get how you can state that about Delfounseo like we have better options with Brown and Koita, i no they are a 'handful'. Delfounseo might be crap but i have trouble believing he's crapper?? i no its only 2 more games until january then hopefully won't have to speak of any of them but till then i no i would rather see Delfounseo against bolton, probably not boro think need to be set up a lot more defensively maybe shove browns ass on the goal line he's got to be good for something.

I contributed more than Rhodes today, I came closer to scoring too.

What was the service into Rhodes like today? Was he losing the ball in good positions? Were people even finding him?

There are too many passengers hiding behind Rhodes price-tag & wages.

This season was always going to be about steadying the ship. Lambos time will be summer when he can rebuild and galvanise us for a promotion run NEXT season.

Let's chill

Absolutely.

There is far too much average dross in this side..many of us have been stating this for months.We have seen poor effort and attitude displayed far too much this season for it to be ignored,Christ almighty it almost feels like we are carrying players such is their lack of impact on games.

Forget promotion,the rest of this season is about sorting out the Wheat from the Chaff,those who want to wear our shirt and those who don't.

Just got back. Look we lost but I think PL is learning about this squad. Let's face it, if we get to the play offs and subsequently promoted, I dread to think what may happen afterwards!

We need to stay calm, patient, and back him. He is the best that we have had since big Sam, to turn things around.

Don't forget that he has had no transfer window, so the same squad which desperately lacks pace and is completely unbalanced.

Give him time.

The question is does Lambert wants to build his tactics around Rhodes? does Rhodes style of play fit his?

And where did I say that Delfouneso is a player that would take us to the playoffs?

• Backroom

What was the service into Rhodes like today? Was he losing the ball in good positions? Were people even finding him?

There are too many passengers hiding behind Rhodes price-tag & wages.

After every game we don't win you can guarantee some will criticise Rhodes and others will say 'X striker was crap and Rhodes got no service'

He always seems to be protected with that line, Koita missed 2 sitters apparently, is that because Rhodes made more room for him or was Koita just getting himself more involved?

Archived