BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Reading Sun 20Th Dec

I know they've got a new manager but so have we (relatively). 4 consecutive losses, with 1 win in their last 5, whereas we have 3 wins in 5, with 2 draws.

I'll certainly fancy our chances

A bit different:

Steele

Marshall, Duffy, Hanley, Olsson

Lawrence, Guthrie, Akpan, Conway

Koita, Rhodes

That would be my starting team as well. Think Marshall looks off the pace on the wing but has been solid at rb. Drop in there for a few games with Henley on the bench. Would also allow Lawrence to drift in and offer a more attacking overlap than Henley.

That said, I would not be surprised if PL played Koita or Brown up top on their own with JR 'rested'.

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He was an Ince signing though, wasn't he?

Indeed he was, just presumed he was employed by the charlatans. No wonder he didn't get a chance, if Kean had known anything about young players we could have already had a lad on the books tailor made for this league.

Its a tough one to call. I think Reading will follow the recent trend and target Henley, that is the weak link.

Would be happy with a draw ecstatic with 3 points.

thats why I think we should play Marshall there (until we get a new RB). Marshall is more physically strong than Henley, and just as good defensively imo

• Backroom

They have lost 4 in a row, I'd be disappointed leaving there without any points

In fairness you were despairing with a clean sheet at home last week, tough critic!

A win today would be a splendid result.

Last two performances haven't been the easiest on the eye or the most convincing.

I'd move Marshal to RB as the only change at the back, with Lawrence playing in front of him.

Akpan Guthrie and Evans would fill the centre and Conway on the left.

Up front is my biggest concern and therefore I'd start with Koita as he has looked more of a handful for the opposition, with Rhodes being introduced in the 2nd half depending how we are doing.

Come on Rovers!

Archived