BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Cardiff City (A) Match Thread - 2Nd January 2016

Ricky

As far as the Bowyer, Lambert arguments go there are valid points on both sides.

But whats the point? Its like some form of self flagellation.

For the good of the Club we ALL support, isn't it time to draw a line under it and look forward. There are potentially difficult times ahead, but also potentially good times.

:brfc:

I agree, wholeheartedly.

I'm an optimist, and hope we all do.

I caveat, that people moaned when Kenny was manager. Lol

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just don't get how criticism isn't warranted? Nobody is saying anything other than "he will be judged in time" but for some reason you seem to think saying we've been crap is tantamount saying he's failed.

4 hours as in 4 and a half games. If you can point out a part of our recent history where we've lost more than 3 on the spin without scoring, I might be more inclined to believe this is nothing more than a minor blip.

If you keep bringing this back to GB - you are as guilty as thread derailing as anyone. Point taken/accepted

Believe it or not, the part you quoted is opinion not fact. If you wanna debate why that is-d lobby mike to reopen the GB thread because I'm sure the rest of us are bored stiff if it. No thanks and me too but not sure about 'the rest of us''............................

Three goalless defeats on the spin would have seen this forum go into meltdown under Bowyer.

Likewise, he would have been slaughtered for bringing a player in on loan, for a position that wasn't a priority and then sending that player back to his parent club without playing a game.

Posters pointing these things out don't want Lambert to fail, that would be some kind of masochistic madness. Double standards are being pointed out, that's all. Clearly some people don't like that.

double standerds? Bunkem...it took longer than a month for the knives to come out. It never ceases to amaze this board how words/actions/ get twisted to meet agendas. How many fans "slautered " Bowyer at matches?

Three goalless defeats on the spin would have seen this forum go into meltdown under Bowyer.

Likewise, he would have been slaughtered for bringing a player in on loan, for a position that wasn't a priority and then sending that player back to his parent club without playing a game.

Posters pointing these things out don't want Lambert to fail, that would be some kind of masochistic madness. Double standards are being pointed out, that's all. Clearly some people don't like that.

We had 3 seasons of GB. He was taking the Club backwards. His motivation skills were zilch, dead dog style. GB should have gone a long long time ago.

Give Lambert until the end of the season at least.

If anyone is to blame it is the loons from Poona.

People get carried away at just how important (or not) this place is.

It is an internet message board, we have no relevance. I bleated about the loss of King Sam probably for much longer than was healthy, did it make any difference? Of course not, but it was a place to vent.

Bowyer may have been 'slaughtered' on here, but he got three years of unequivocal support where it mattered- at matches (home and away), GB could not ask for more from us fans, or from the club as he was given a great opportunity and got much more time than he would have had at many other clubs.

You'll never get peace and harmony on a largely anonymous forum, so just make your point and get on with it.

We had 3 seasons of GB. He was taking the Club backwards. His motivation skills were zilch, dead dog style. GB should have gone a long long time ago.

Give Lambert until the end of the season at least.

If anyone is to blame it is the loons from Poona.

Bowyer's time had definitely come, no issues with that. I'm also still pleased that we punched above our weight in getting Lambert.

I'm puzzled though at the vitriol that Bowyer has copped. Much of it is unnecessary, inaccurate, myopic and personal from my point of view. I'm equally puzzled as to why some people can't seem to resist little digs at the guy, seemingly can't let it go. It's almost as though he's diet Steve Kean to some, only they can explain why.

I trust in Lambert and I think he'll be good for Rovers. I just think it's fair that some of the standards that were used to judge Bowyer are used to judge Lambert who is much more experienced and has taken on a less dysfunctional club.

Probably best that this subject winds down and everybody moves on to be honest.

Hmmm yet another post from Jimmy's account that is from Drog's IP address...

Tread very carefully please.

Nursing homes have common rooms you know.

He'll be treading very carefully in his Argyll slippers I'm sure.

I've lost track here. Is Theno banned, if so what for? Or has he taken his ball home?

Banned. Clearly acism.

"It's cos of my ace, innit?"

• Moderation Lead

Thanks Stuart. Is he banned indefinitely? If so, why would he bother to "tread carefully"?

Personally I miss him, its not often you come across anyone so certain of their own infallibility!

Not banned indefinitely, a six month one, not sure when it expires exactly.

• Backroom

What rule(s) did he break?

So nobody else falls foul of the same rule

As far as I can make out (I didn't administer the ban myself) it was failing to respect the decision of the moderators.

That's all I really know about his ban. You'd have to ask SteB for more info.

As far as I can make out (I didn't administer the ban myself) it was failing to respect the decision of the moderators.

That's all I really know about his ban. You'd have to ask SteB for more info.

Last time I asked SteB a question I got banned myself. so I won't bother

Not banned indefinitely, a six month one, not sure when it expires exactly.

You get less time for GBH! Bit excessive me thinks but then again I do not know the detail.

He used to irritate the hell out of me but no doubt about it, he was very knowledgeable ............. and knew it ^_^

Fully agreed. But rules is rules.

:unsure: aye and noone breaks them

Last time I asked SteB a question I got banned myself. so I won't bother

my best and strangest ban was the "lifetime" ban I got...for posting a picture of a bloody feathered bird.

:unsure: aye and noone breaks them

my best and strangest ban was the "lifetime" ban I got...for posting a picture of a bloody feathered bird.

I also got a pm warning off the agenda mod for actually asking a genuine question to chaddy.

He used to irritate the hell out of me but no doubt about it, he was very knowledgeable ............. and knew it ^_^

Christ. If he can still read his already oversize head won't fit between the Paps of Jura. However I must take umbridge at your final point. This is towards someone who said we are traditionally a club who yo-yo's between the 2nd and 3rd tiers.............twice in our 140 year history. So no he isn't ;)

Thanks Stuart. Is he banned indefinitely? If so, why would he bother to "tread carefully"?

Personally I miss him, its not often you come across anyone so certain of their own infallibility!

I think was being suggested that Jimmy was Gordon. Which is actually false.

I miss him too. 😢

• Moderation Lead

I think was being suggested that Jimmy was Gordon. Which is actually false.

I miss him too. 😢

What was actually being suggested Stuart, was Gordon using Jimmy's account (IP addressed matched).

A good poster though!

All joking aside, it's getting a bit juvenile now.

It's one thing banning a poster for no genuine reason (other than personal dislike), it's another thing for people to bait him. I presume he is still able to ready his site despite not being able to post.

All joking aside, it's getting a bit juvenile now.

It's one thing banning a poster for no genuine reason (other than personal dislike), it's another thing for people to bait him. I presume he is still able to ready his site despite not being able to post.

Who is baiting who Stuart? Or am I missing something?

Archived