Duffy - average but playing like @#/?

Marshall - not a right back and off form

Akpan - @#/?

Williamson - conference level @#/?

Conway - surrounded by @#/?

Koita - laughably @#/?

Rhodes - @#/? without service

Hope I didn't miss anyone out

Jason Lowe will be back soon. Now he really is @#/?

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not going to slate Lambert as he clearly needs time and needs to build a team. He'll need this window and the summer to hopefully build a team that can make a promotion push. At present I'd be looking at keeping Rhodes, Conway....... And now I'm struggling.

Hanley for me! Killa and him last year were sound.

I'm not going to slate Lambert as he clearly needs time and needs to build a team. He'll need this window and the summer to hopefully build a team that can make a promotion push. At present I'd be looking at keeping Rhodes, Conway....... And now I'm struggling.

Duffy, Hanley and Marshall would be in anyones side also Ricky, the rest are poor, although I like Taylor because if we had 11 Taylors we'd win more than we'd lose.

Lamberts no fool, he knows whats required.

• Moderation Lead

Duffy, Hanley and Marshall would be in anyones side also Ricky, the rest are poor, although I like Taylor because if we had 11 Taylors we'd win more than we'd lose.

I'd agree with that, but when it comes to Marshall, only when he's on his game, unfortunately for us, that's been pretty infrequent :(

I'd agree with that, but when it comes to Marshall, only when he's on his game, unfortunately for us, that's been pretty infrequent :(

He needs a kick up the arse and better players around him, but Marshall is a decent player, no doubt about that and we need to keep him.

Highlight of my trip is the surprisingly hot girl working at McDonalds Sandbach services. Just a tidbit of information, in case anyone else needs cheering up...

Not really that surprising, Mustard. I used to serve fries and it can get very warm behind that counter. :blush:

Maybe Hanley, I'm still not convinced by Duffy at all. Marshall has been shocking for some months. Good player but no idea why he is so out of form.

Highlight of my trip is the surprisingly hot girl working at McDonalds Sandbach services. Just a tidbit of information, in case anyone else needs cheering up...

North or southbound?!

Fans coming together!

Maybe Hanley, I'm still not convinced by Duffy at all. Marshall has been shocking for some months. Good player but no idea why he is so out of form.

I thought it was the knockback in summer, some say he has mental issues I just think he had that purple patch and he's not as good as we are led to believe. Conway puts him to shame most days.

• Backroom

He needs a kick up the arse and better players around him, but Marshall is a decent player, no doubt about that and we need to keep him.

He's never been consistently decent anywhere Gav. That's why we ended up with him. His picture should be imposed under the definition of purple patch in the dictionary.

We need players who give their all in every game, not just when they feel like it. This team needs men who don't shy away when the chips are down, and I'm afraid Marshall does. I agree he's got the talent, but nobody will ever see the best of it unless he has a significant change in mentality. I wouldn't want to risk too much on that happening.

Lambert's comments from bbc website:

""I felt we should have had a stonewall penalty, I don't know how the referee missed it but I am not going to complain about it and get into trouble.

"But you are always concerned with a run of results like this, our form is not good, we have lost the last three.

"I have seen every player now and everyone has had a chance to show what they can do - and if you do not perform when you have those chances you will not play. That is football.""

I'll be honest - these quotes are pretty encouraging. Acknowledging our form isn't good and that players aren't performing and there'll be changes. In some respects we're only 4-5 players from last seasons top half squad but replace quality with utter dross - which we have done, not even like for like, or like for a bit weaker, but with dross - and the squad is a lot, lot weaker. On paper I reckon 5 changes doesn't look a lot, but the reality, especially in terms of replacements, is that we're really 4 players lighter than last year, including zero striking options but Rhodes.

Lambert's comments from bbc website:

""I felt we should have had a stonewall penalty, I don't know how the referee missed it but I am not going to complain about it and get into trouble.

"But you are always concerned with a run of results like this, our form is not good, we have lost the last three.

"I have seen every player now and everyone has had a chance to show what they can do - and if you do not perform when you have those chances you will not play. That is football.""

I'll be honest - these quotes are pretty encouraging. Acknowledging our form isn't good and that players aren't performing and there'll be changes. In some respects we're only 4-5 players from last seasons top half squad but replace quality with utter dross - which we have done, not even like for like, or like for a bit weaker, but with dross - and the squad is a lot, lot weaker. On paper I reckon 5 changes doesn't look a lot, but the reality, especially in terms of replacements, is that we're really 4 players lighter than last year, including zero striking options but Rhodes.

Sounds like a few have played their last game.

I'm 4 hours into a 5 hour train journey home following today's game. Some thoughts:

Today was bad. Really bad. Pretty much a repeat of Bolton. I'd throw the Reading game in as being equally bad.

Of those three games there is only Steele who can really look himself in the mirror and say he's done his job.

We do not look like scoring. We do not look capable of creating. We are not able to pin teams in. We cannot even get a head of steam in the last five minutes when we're chasing a game.

Three defeats on the spin and not a goal scored. Some big distances covered by the fans too.

Oddly, I think we have good shape defensively and in those three games we have not seen many, if any clear-cut chances. Problem is, once we have the ball we have no clue.

Cardiff did not look good today, but we looked far worse. I'd suggest they didn't get out of third gear to beat us today.

Lambert needs time, of course he does, but make no mistake we are woeful at the moment. Absolutely woeful.

Williamson was on my train back to Nottingham. That shouldn't annoy me, but it did. Sat there playing on his phone, he should have been crying or something.

Finally, a note of praise to the Cardiff stewards - absolutely first class. Chatted to everyone. Best I've encountered.

I'm 4 hours into a 5 hour train journey home following today's game. Some thoughts:

Today was bad. Really bad. Pretty much a repeat of Bolton. I'd throw the Reading game in as being equally bad.

Of those three games there is only Steele who can really look himself in the mirror and say he's done his job.

We do not look like scoring. We do not look capable of creating. We are not able to pin teams in. We cannot even get a head of steam in the last five minutes when we're chasing a game.

Three defeats on the spin and not a goal scored. Some big distances covered by the fans too.

Oddly, I think we have good shape defensively and in those three games we have not seen many, if any clear-cut chances. Problem is, once we have the ball we have no clue.

Cardiff did not look good today, but we looked far worse. I'd suggest they didn't get out of third gear to beat us today.

Lambert needs time, of course he does, but make no mistake we are woeful at the moment. Absolutely woeful.

Williamson was on my train back to Nottingham. That shouldn't annoy me, but it did. Sat there playing on his phone, he should have been crying or something.

Finally, a note of praise to the Cardiff stewards - absolutely first class. Chatted to everyone. Best I've encountered.

Probably making arrangements to have a night out tonight. If I was Lambert they'd all be staying in on Saturday night until they win a game. If you spoil my Saturday night I'll spoil yours !

That's good to hear, and none too surprising. I think today was last chance saloon for some and they'll be actively trying to get rid of 5 or 6 players.

Negative to read but good post there Martin.

If I was Lamby they'd be in tomorrow morning, McClaren esque.

I doubt we'll be able to offload any of our deadwood in January.

That said, Lambert is fortunate that a lot of players are out of contract this summer:

Delfouneso, Kilgallon, Olsson, Spurr, Williamson, Taylor, Brown, Eastwood, Petshi

I doubt we'll be able to offload any of our deadwood in January.

That said, Lambert is fortunate that a lot of players are out of contract this summer:

Delfouneso, Kilgallon, Olsson, Spurr, Williamson, Taylor, Brown, Eastwood, Petshi

Wow,that's nine players nearly a full team. Out of that list I only think Taylor is decent and Eastwood no significantly worse or better than the other 2 keepers.

We could do with shifting some deadwood in January if we can. Off the top of my head Guthrie, Petschi, Williamson, Brown, Delfouneso and Koita are contributing next to nothing.

The problem there is, they are not going to be up for a relegation fight if they know they will be booted out in summer.

In the past we have had young and hungry players to throw intothe first team.their energy and enthusiasm rubs off.

But it seems we haven't any near ready for first team football?

Only Hanley in my opinion can hold his head up after another turgid performance. On the evidence of the last three games I seriously would not be averse to any player being sold this month. The squad is littered with League One and Two players and any manager would struggle to get a consistent tune out of them. I really hope Lambert plays a few younger players soon as they surely can't be as bad as some of the 'established' players who are stealing a living at the moment.

I have said before that we need wholesale changes to the squad and anybody who has seen the last three games surely couldn't disagree.

Archived