BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Qpr

klos

QPR are at Ewood next - last win Dec 3rd, with new manager, having played 8 games since 3 December with record of

won 1 Drawn 4 Lost 3 Goals For 7 Against 9 and a last 10 away record of won 1 drawn 2 lost 7 as opposed to our last 8 games being

won 3 Drawn 2 Lost 3 Goals For 7 Against 6

An opportunity to end our losing run with a win and 2 home games coming up

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rangers seem a decent attacking side but soft in the centre of the park and defence. Teams have been breaching this and QPR are far better than they are showing so we know what's coming. I just can't see us kicking into gear until we have a few new faces able to play the way Lambert wants. Probably more chance of it being called off for some reason than us spanking them so it's more of the usual.

Rovers 1 QPR 1

(Rhodes pen) the ex dingle for them

There's a certain inevitability about this game. Average team turning up at Ewood that hasn't been able to buy a win and are one of the worst away teams in the division. We can all predict by now what will happen. The very best we can expect is a narrow hard fought and nervous victory, more likely a dull draw or narrow away win.

We went to Reading who hadn't won for about 8 games and they dispatched us with relative ease.

We went to Bolton who had won 1 in about 30 odd games and they found a way to beat us despite all their problems.

Newport have won once at home in 10 months.

QPR haven't won since early December, haven't won yet under JFH and have been poor on the road for a long time.

Brighton next up who have lost about 4 or 5 on the bounce without scoring.

Then after that Charlton who have all sorts of problems with them being second bottom, managed by a nobody and their support base in uproar.

Most clubs would look at QPR, Brighton, Newport and Charlton in the next 4 games as a fantastic set of fixtures to get 3 or 4 wins, some serious points, improve confidence and progress in the cup. But that's not the way it works at Rovers with this lot. Bolton showed what we are all about. Teams that can't win find a way against Rovers.

Can Bennett play right back? Apart from that agree with the team. Wonder if Paul Lambert will go for it though, he seems to prefer having a physical player up top.

He's played right wing-back for Bristol, so he could add some attacking impetus to what is considered a problem position for us. Saying that, it could be Marshall at RB and Bennett at RM, or they could alternate as the game progresses.

Might be a good idea to put the day/date of this game in the title and/or OP.

Or was it just me that only remembered this game is tomorrow (Tuesday)?? :unsure:

Keep up, Stuart :P

I must admit, i'm getting slack with fixture dates.

I used to be able to rhyme them off weeks In advance.

Tomorrow's game could be a struggle. Particularly if Rangers play a 5 man midfield.

That said, Jordan is due and Robert Green must be one of the most overated gks of all time. He's always got a clanger in him.

I met him a few years back, very nice chap and always thought he'd do well as a pundit. Watch this space, maybe.

Hope for a 2-0, fear a

0-0 or a 0-1 defeat.

Steele

Bennett Hanley Duffy Olsson

Marshall Evans Akpan Conway

Lawrence

Rhodes

I think that's the best we can put out at the moment.

Bennett and Marshall could be effective as they should be almost interchangeable between RB and RM (as you've mentioned in another post)

Akpan and Evans are the 2 best CM's we have at present and with no decent striker to partner Rhodes, Lawrence seems like the obvious choice in supporting role.

Archived