BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Umbro To Be Kit Manufacturers Next Season.

Damien

As far as I am aware, the away shirt is going to be dark blue.

Who seriously makes these decisions? its either someone with 1 less clue than yesterdays Ref, or someone out to cynically fleece supporters.

Being a Rovers supporter theses days feels like walking around with a target on your back!

Definitely some questions for the FF to raise I would think.

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Depends how 'dark' we're talking.

Something like this:

umbro-maillot-fc-nantes.jpg

...would work as an away kit and wouldn't clash with teams with QPR, Reading, Bolton, Brighton, et al.

Makes more sense than our white, blue & red away kit in 09/10. Now THAT was dumb.

Never sold pal? I have that one and strangely enough I call it my Santa Cruz shirt.

I think Stuart means when it became our third kit the year after with the Crown Paint sponsor, it was sold the year before with bet24 on it.

Never sold pal? I have that one and strangely enough I call it my Santa Cruz shirt.

You bought it with the Crown logo?? Or the one with bet24?

If it's the former I'm jealous!

You bought it with the Crown logo?? Or the one with bet24?

If it's the former I'm jealous!

Sorry pal I understand what you meant now. I have the one with the bet24 logo on it.

There's a spray can on the market which can remove sticky advertising logos but i cant think what its called?

Sorry pal I understand what you meant now. I have the one with the bet24 logo on it.

There's a spray can on the market which can remove sticky advertising logos but i cant think what its called?

Also depending on the adhesive used,

hair dryer and knife work , or ironing over a wet cloth to soften the adhesive with steam and remove with knife

Our kit for next season was chosen and agreed 2 months ago.

How much time and effort was put into the designs and colours though. You wonder if there's anyone at the Club overseeing such a process with the structure we have. Supporters would be better placed to advise and offer opinions on this and possibly maximise sales as a result.

Hopefully with a new manufacturer and designs, etc seemingly sewn up this may be the first year where we get to purchase a shirt before September! Umbro have given all their current clubs a good range of training/leisure wear and the kits have all looked decent. Hopefully moving to a smaller more football focussed manufacturer we will move away from the off the block Nike stuff.

• Backroom

Our kit for next season was chosen and agreed 2 months ago.

Are you sure? That seems extraordinarily late I would add another 10-12 months on that

How much time and effort was put into the designs and colours though. You wonder if there's anyone at the Club overseeing such a process with the structure we have. Supporters would be better placed to advise and offer opinions on this and possibly maximise sales as a result.

The manufacturer gives a list of possible colours.

Ewood narrows it down to a dozen potentials and gives the reasons why (Historical, sponsors, etc). Email is sent to Pune with scans of the kit.

Family make the final choice and authorise a 3rd kit if necessary.

Ewood narrows it down to a dozen potentials and gives the reasons why (Historical, sponsors, etc). Email is sent to Pune with scans of the kit.

when will the family apologise for ruining us ?

And there we have identified the weakness in the process.

Archived