BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Umbro To Be Kit Manufacturers Next Season.

Damien

The weakness to which I refer is...

V E N K Y S

1000000000000% correct !!!!

Venkyscum out

If all that remains is cosmetic preferences, can I ask what weakness you're referring to?

and keep losing to burnley

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If all that remains is cosmetic preferences, can I ask what weakness you're referring to?

The one where they refuse to apologise for gutting the club and dragging it down further than it would ever have done naturally.

• 1 month later...
  • Backroom

Have we had confirmation of Umbro? I know the fans forum minutes confirmed it wouldn't be Nike anymore but not seen anything else

Like everything else with Rovers, the management will take the easy route rather than be proactive and ambitious about things.

Whilst other clubs take pride in their kits and want to develop popular shirts to sell as many as possible to the public, Rovers stumble into contracts, sell merely what they are offered, only take limited stock and frequently sell out, and have a pitiful selection of gear available.

Other clubs have jumpers, rain coats, winter coats, gilets, polo shirts etc. yet Rovers have an extremely limited stock. As seen numerous times in recent years when almost laughably Rovers have sold out of popular items as early as Christmas yet have had no facility to order more stock to sell, and so have missed out on potentially fortunes on the retail side of the club.

We stumbled into the Nike agreement because Umbro were taken over by them, and we will probably stumble into Umbro again because nobody at the club can be bothered investigating which manufacturer offers the best deal or best range of products for Rovers. Other clubs have people employed to gather supporters views, weigh up which supplier offers the best deal and range of products at the best price as early as possible to as to maximise sales. Rovers appear to approach it with the view that like season tickets it is another irritation that comes with being a football club that needs to be dealt with soon but will be left as late as possible therefore reducing the number of sales.

I quite like Macron and Kappa, but Adidas for me offer the best stuff. Umbro are bland.

I suppose this is what happens when you have a financial director running the commercial operation of a multi million pound business with thousands of customers.

I fully expect the new kits to be unveiled at the last minute and we'll probably see the usual home shirt on sale in late July and the away shirt several weeks after, therefore missing out on people buying them to take on their summer holidays.

It is umbro and it is essentially the same company as Nike.

From what I know, the away kit is dark blue.

Umbro was sold by Nike to the Iconix Brand Group over three years ago, Nike only bought Umbro in the first place to get the England kit contract via the backdoor.

Edit:

Looks like Mike Ashley is trying to get his hands on the umbro brand http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/retailandconsumer/12085640/Sports-Direct-builds-stake-in-Umbro-owner.html

It is umbro and it is essentially the same company as Nike.

From what I know, the away kit is dark blue.

Completely illogical if true. I assume that means we'll be needing a 3rd kit for games against Brighton, Sheffield Wednesday, Ipswich, Birmingham and Wigan next season.

Which idiot comes up with this stuff? What's wrong with orange, yellow or red/black to ensure there is no clash?

Completely illogical if true. I assume that means we'll be needing a 3rd kit for games against Brighton, Sheffield Wednesday, Ipswich, Birmingham and Wigan next season.

Which idiot comes up with this stuff? What's wrong with orange, yellow or red/black to ensure there is no clash?

Orange? No way!

Yellow or red and black on rotation- tradition!

Though saying that, when was the last time we had a yellow away shirt?

Orange? No way!

Yellow or red and black on rotation- tradition!

Though saying that, when was the last time we had a yellow away shirt?

Yellow with blue fringe is good. Black with parts of red or red stripes classic. I also quite liked the orange and silver/gray kit in the 90s.

I'd take pink if it meant we didn't have to mess around wearing a cheap looking 3rd kit in numerous away games next season.

We've had dark blue away shirts too many times recently.

I always liked the kappa kits but because of our chubby fans we didn't get one of those sleek lycra numbers.

Umbro was sold by Nike to the Iconix Brand Group over three years ago, Nike only bought Umbro in the first place to get the England kit contract via the backdoor.

Edit:

Looks like Mike Ashley is trying to get his hands on the umbro brand http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/retailandconsumer/12085640/Sports-Direct-builds-stake-in-Umbro-owner.html

Yes, that's true they did. I didn't realise that they'd sold it on again.

Not bad move returning to Umbro, they made some nice kits.

Incidentally Umbro are our most popular kit supplier.

By the end of the contract, we will have worn Umbro for 18 seasons (1974/75, 75/76, 76/77, 77/78, 78/79, 79/80, 80/81. 2007/08, 08/09, 09/10, 10/11, 11/12, 12/13. 2016/17, 17/18, 18/19, 19/20, 20/21)

Archived