BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Umbro To Be Kit Manufacturers Next Season.

Damien

Not bad move returning to Umbro, they made some nice kits.

Incidentally Umbro are our most popular kit supplier.

By the end of the contract, we will have worn Umbro for 18 seasons (1974/75, 75/76, 76/77, 77/78, 78/79, 79/80, 80/81. 2007/08, 08/09, 09/10, 10/11, 11/12, 12/13. 2016/17, 17/18, 18/19, 19/20, 20/21)

Some of them have been good - the final Hughes season springs to mind as one of the best home/away shirt combinations I can remember with the Red & Black halves, but the recent ones since then when Allardyce and Kean were managers were horrible and cheap looking shirts. That and some of the most nonsensical away shirts imaginable. White away shirt in 09/10? Dark Blue away shirt in 08/09? Dark blue away shirt in 12/13? Madness.

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Don't know if this means anything but I've just seen Birdie walking along Bolton Road wearing an Adidas jacket with the Rovers crest on.

Trivial given the circumstances surrounding the club I know. I may have been seeing things. It was definitely him though as it has his initials on the jacket.

Don't know if this means anything but I've just seen Birdie walking along Bolton Road wearing an Adidas jacket with the Rovers crest on.

Trivial given the circumstances surrounding the club I know. I may have been seeing things. It was definitely him though as it has his initials on the jacket.

I might be wrong but I think Ewood Blues sponsor a team in the Blackburn Sunday League and perhaps it is part of their kit.

• Moderation Lead

Good knowledge. We can only dream of Adidas.

As long as it's the Adidas Originals logo though, the new one pales in comparison imo :( ....

My guesses (based on nothing but the odd murmur)

Home - Standard blue and white halves, blue on the correct side, not reversed on the back. White socks

Away - Navy Blue shirts with royal and white trim, navy shorts, navy socks

3rd Kit - White with red trim, red shorts, red socks.

We often had 3 kits with Umbro before, so I expect the same again this season!

Sorry, didn't like that orange one. What about green? Never had that have we?

Vertical green and black stripes. Yum!

Tbh anything except that horrific pink Bournemouth have.

CRhWLRRWIAAJn7p.jpg

Rochdale hit a smart 3rd kit in green and black.

Would still prefer our red and while halves to return! Can't understand how it was so unbelievably popular with the fans yet we have never really had a similar effort put out

Would still prefer our red and while halves to return! Can't understand how it was so unbelievably popular with the fans yet we have never really had a similar effort put out

I seem to remember someone saying on here that the reason for not having the red and black halves is that they felt they needed to vary things and that people wouldn't buy it. Only problem I have with that logic though is that we've had the same home kit design for 141 years - and long may that continue.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived