BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Umbro To Be Kit Manufacturers Next Season.

Damien

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chorley have a different sponsor for each of their 3 new shirts, see home page on: www.chorleyfc.com

The shirts look pretty good.

Also lots of sponsorship in general, summer schools for the kids and a golf day at Pleasington Golf Club. Sounds like Rovers need to get the corporate and communications team that Chorley have.....whoops just remembered that they have volunteers doing it at Chorley.

Still no official dates for release, other than some 'hope' by the club that the home shirt 'should' be out in 'early' July and the away kit in 'early' August. Anyone would think that selling replica shirts is damaging to the club. There is a lot of money to be made out of designing and selling a good quality Rovers shirt and yet they aren't interested. They'll go on sale when it suits Umbro, not Rovers, and they won't even make the effort to get a definitive date for sale. Imagine if Man Utd or Arsenal were so laid back about replica kits.

Very unprofessional. Most other clubs have definitive dates for kits being on sale and unveiled, and in the run up to it have photoshoots with players, promotional material, teasers etc. We've got nothing other than some aim or hope to have one shirt on sale in July and one in August.

It really is disgraceful.

It's been like this with Rovers shirts for aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaages...I don't even think we can blame this one on the Rao's! (Although they probably don't help matters!)

I would imagine that the deal with Nike doesn't end until the end of this month with the Umbro deal beginning on July 1st. If we wanted to release the kits this month we would probably have to pay Nike a certain amount and we don't sell enough kits to make it financially viable.

We don't need to release them this month, but would it be too difficult to have some photos of the kit, a definitive date for it going on sale, or to get the away shirt on sale earlier so people might buy them to take on holiday?

I'm sure other clubs who change manufacturers don't just sit around doing nothing other than waiting for Umbro to deliver a big box of stock to the shop. But then other clubs have people judged on performance with people above them who recognise the importance of shifting merchandise and making money for the club. Other clubs would have people on the phone to Umbro or whoever demanding a date for delivery and putting posters up advertising it. We've got an accountant running the club who still can't even get season ticket renewal packs posted from Ewood to Oswaldtwistle after 4 weeks waiting.

We don't need to release them this month, but would it be too difficult to have some photos of the kit, a definitive date for it going on sale, or to get the away shirt on sale earlier so people might buy them to take on holiday?

I'm sure other clubs who change manufacturers don't just sit around doing nothing other than waiting for Umbro to deliver a big box of stock to the shop. But then other clubs have people judged on performance with people above them who recognise the importance of shifting merchandise and making money for the club. Other clubs would have people on the phone to Umbro or whoever demanding a date for delivery and putting posters up advertising it. We've got an accountant running the club who still can't even get season ticket renewal packs posted from Ewood to Oswaldtwistle after 4 weeks waiting.

I live literally 2 minutes walk from the ground and still not got a renewal pack!

If the Nike contract doesn't end until 30/06 then I can understand the club not being allowed to promote Umbro.

Even if we could, not every team is promoting their kits yet. Real Madrid haven't done any promotion of new shirts and they're probably in the top 3 most commercially successful clubs.

If the Nike contract doesn't end until 30/06 then I can understand the club not being allowed to promote Umbro.

Even if we could, not every team is promoting their kits yet. Real Madrid haven't done any promotion of new shirts and they're probably in the top 3 most commercially successful clubs.

Real don't need to market their shirts, they sell themselves. The commercial and marketing at Rovers is shambolic.

• 2 weeks later...

According to the sales assistant in the Club Shop this afternoon, the new kits will be out in a couple of weeks

So thats in a few months time then

Sent from my Zenith using Tapatalk

They still need time to sell off all the old kits at 'not such cheap prices'. :angry2:

Ideally they should be literally giving them away by now.

I had a look. With postage on the old kit, it would be close to £40 for last years shirt *sigh* i so wanted the red away shirt :(

I had a look. With postage on the old kit, it would be close to £40 for last years shirt *sigh* i so wanted the red away shirt :(

Yeah. I'd hold off for a while for a much better price.

I doubt they'll be throwing them away when the new one finally does emerge.

Archived