BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Boro Match Thread

den

• Backroom

Not sure if you where there or not on Saturday but the crowd where really really willing him to score, the place would have erupted . You can see the T-Shirts being printed now.

I promise I will only cheer him from now on (and not if subbed!). Let's see if it makes a difference.

They will run out of stock of Brown pyjamas if he scores the winner on Saturday!

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually suspect that Brown is playing to PL's instructions and that is to create as much chaos that he can in the opposition defence which hopefully opens up chances for his "back up" and midfield players. Regardless of whether I'm right or wrong on that he nor any other Rovers player should be boo'ed as it is totally counter productive. PL has the confidence to play Brown and he appears genuinely shocked at the booing which is not good in my opinion.

Booing our own players? Very classy. Very productive.

A bit thick if you ask me. Glad Lambert has mentioned it. The thickos might wake up.

In a game that we won!! A bit like on here, at one zip down, a number of fans felt their head exploding and couldn't wait to see how the match ended before showing their supposed expertise.

A bit thick if you ask me. Glad Lambert has mentioned it. The thickos might wake up.

In a game that we won!! A bit like on here, at one zip down, a number of fans felt their head exploding and couldn't wait to see how the match ended before showing their supposed expertise.

Precisely. Mind you, Big Sam will remember the crowd getting restless when we were 3-0 up in a home game against Wolves (or was it Stoke?) a few years ago; swathes of thickos at Ewood isn't a new phenomenon.

Precisely. Mind you, Big Sam will remember the crowd getting restless when we were 3-0 up in a home game against Wolves (or was it Stoke?) a few years ago; swathes of thickos at Ewood isn't a new phenomenon.

It seemed like we crossed a line that we've never been able to get back from when Paul Ince and Keith Andrews were here.

I've never been able to understand it. It's counter-productive from whatever angle you look at it.

Not sure if you where there or not on Saturday but the crowd where really really willing him to score, the place would have erupted . You can see the T-Shirts being printed now.

I promise I will only cheer him from now on (and not if subbed!). Let's see if it makes a difference.

I was there - and actually joked that I would be able to say "I was there when Brown scored". But I say that at most matches - and am stilling waiting.

Getting on players backs that don't give 100% is IMO different to one (like Brown) that is obviously putting in the effort, but just isn't as skillful. He is a little unlucky as we have been blessed with a number of goal scoring forwards through the last few years - so his inability in this area is marked when compared to what went before him.

Since when has being a football expert been a precondition of watching a football match and making your feelings known. Calling people thicko is counterproductive if you ask me, in fact thicko is not even a word.

Football is an emotional game, I'm sure people get carried away shouting allsorts at football matches that they would not do at work or at home. Same applies on here if we go behind there is lots of overreaction, does not make people thick. Let people be.

Let's hope Brown scores a few then we can all cheer him and be done with this overreaction.

Its quite clear that Lambert, and probably the majority of the team, are appalled by the treatment given to Brown on Saturday. We face a tough enough job convincing our better players to stay at the club and decent new ones to join (Gomez). Listening to that diatribe on Saturday will have done the club no favours whatsoever going forward.

Lambert is probably wondering what the hell he has got himself in for.

Who could blame someone like Gomez if he turned round and said 'thanks for the offer of a permanent stay, but I'd prefer to play somewhere where the fans get behind all the team and don't target one player for individual abuse during the game'. I certainly wouldn't blame him.

absolutely sick of people blaming the fans for venting their dissatisfaction. The team (Lambert included) struggled against mk dons (mk dobs! for christssake). It's just not good enough and I will never just stand there in silence. Brown, for all his efforts, isn't fit to wear the shirt. He got lots of support but paid a price for the team being poor.

Enough of saying it's the fans fault. The blame lays firmly at the managers door.

absolutely sick of people blaming the fans for venting their dissatisfaction. The team (Lambert included) struggled against mk dons (mk dobs! for christssake). It's just not good enough and I will never just stand there in silence. Brown, for all his efforts, isn't fit to wear the shirt. He got lots of support but paid a price for the team being poor.

Enough of saying it's the fans fault. The blame lays firmly at the managers door.

Its the fans' fault for what? We won!

• Moderation Lead

It is the fans' fault for getting on the back of their own players! Who else's fault would it be?

Nobody is saying for a minute that Brown is anything other than rubbish, but why constantly get on his back if he's only doing his best? At least he's trying, that hasn't always been the case for our players! We complain (and rightly so) about how we are portrayed in the media, but by and large, most other clubs' supporters support their players. Fancy that eh?

What have I blamed the fans for? My complaint is the way one player was singled out for more than his fair share of abuse and the likely knock on impact this will have on the team as a whole. Lambert has already mentioned it in his interview and I'm sure several first team players are less than impressed. If anyone thinks that it is going to have a positive impact on the team then I'd like to know how.

Derby got beat at home by MK Dons last week. Derby have a far stronger squad than we do and higher expectations, yet i'll bet their 25,000 home supporters weren't targeting one individual player to blame for the defeat. No doubt a few boos at the full time whistle, but singling out one individual to a torrent of boos, jeers and sarcastic applause during the match? No chance.

I get the impression from where I am sat that some people almost enjoy the experience of going and complaining/venting their fury at home games. It started after 20 minutes on Saturday with mass boos ringing down from the Riverside because Tommy Spurr decided to pass to Hanley rather than to Bennett who was being marked. I don't really understand why or what good it is supposed to do the team.

surely Watt will start this one after Brown struggling on Saturday.

Apart from that I wouldn't rotate the team unless injuries/fitness dictate.

Think he will go for Jackson, though I hope you're right.

What have I blamed the fans for? My complaint is the way one player was singled out for more than his fair share of abuse and the likely knock on impact this will have on the team as a whole. Lambert has already mentioned it in his interview and I'm sure several first team players are less than impressed. If anyone thinks that it is going to have a positive impact on the team then I'd like to know how.

Derby got beat at home by MK Dons last week. Derby have a far stronger squad than we do and higher expectations, yet i'll bet their 25,000 home supporters weren't targeting one individual player to blame for the defeat. No doubt a few boos at the full time whistle, but singling out one individual to a torrent of boos, jeers and sarcastic applause during the match? No chance.

I get the impression from where I am sat that some people almost enjoy the experience of going and complaining/venting their fury at home games. It started after 20 minutes on Saturday with mass boos ringing down from the Riverside because Tommy Spurr decided to pass to Hanley rather than to Bennett who was being marked. I don't really understand why or what good it is supposed to do the team.

You make a good point, there is no team in the championship thats a cert winnable game, by all accounts Burmley although won in the end where very lucky to win at Bolton Bottom of the league and thats from Bumley fans i work with, Yes we have been shafted for years, but there is light at the end of the tunnel albeit a glimmer, i for one wont boo or jeer any of our players from here on in no matter how @#/? they play, lets get to the end of the season and see what transpires.

I wasn't at the game Saturday but can't say I've ever heard Brown booed specifically. I've heard him ironically cheered before but that's as far as it goes bar a handful of fans in the Darwen End singing sarcastic chants (which I don't necessarily agree with). People say about 'abuse' but come on? Are people saying they've never shouted "<insert player name> that was blooming rubbish" (used milder words) or something of the sort during a game? I shouted (mainly to myself) "Spurr, you are awful" the other week. Sincerely doubt he heard me (edit), but has anyone got his address so I can mail him an apology? Not an apology for him being rubbish btw, I can't change the facts, but I guess I can say sorry for being nasty. I hope JR never read these boards or surely he'll be upset for the dogs abuse he got off plenty on here for ONLY scoring goals... Probably still crying into his riches as we speak...

Difference is with Brown, that almost every Rovers fan in the ground is coming out with such utterances simultaneously and it sounds much worse. He does something rubbish and almost every fan sighs or moans. It's not as if such groans of dissatisfaction are orchestrated to make him feel bad, is it? End of the day, it's not the fault of every individual fan in there, it's the fault of a culmination of factors that have resulted in Brown playing 33 games for us, scoring 0 and doing diddly squat else other than run around... I must add, he's only added the working hard bit to his game lately. Earlier in his time at Rovers (before PL) I often thought he was lazy as well as unfit and lacking in talent. He seemed happy to pick up his pay packet and yes I know he was unfortunate with injuries, but he's only perked up lately as he knows he's gonna be jobless come summer and is fighting to keep fit/secure a contract somewhere.

As for the game tonight, I will be there and I hope he isn't picked. For all his running about, he contributes near nothing to a game and not 'miles more than JR' as some suggest. As a defender myself, I much prefer playing against big non-scoring lumps that have ZERO movement off the ball when the opposition are in possession than a player who, if you take your eye off him for a second, has the chance to punish you with a goal like Rhodes does. Hope we can snatch a draw tonight as I don't have confidence in us keeping Boro at bay for 90 mins. Hope to be proven wrong though and see a Rovers win, but I'll be happy with a point.

Fingers crossed JR gets the reaction he deserves as he's given a hell of a lot more to this club than the majority who've passed through Ewood's doors over the last five years.

Pray tell who your having a dig at if its not fans.

I wasn't at the game Saturday but can't say I've ever heard Brown booed specifically. I've heard him ironically cheered before but that's as far as it goes bar a handful of fans in the Darwen End singing sarcastic chants (which I don't necessarily agree with). People say about 'abuse' but come on? Are people saying they've never shouted "<insert player name> that was blooming rubbish" (used milder words) or something of the sort during a game? I shouted (mainly to myself) "Spurr, you are awful" the other week. Sincerely doubt he heard me (edit), but has anyone got his address so I can mail him an apology? Not an apology for him being rubbish btw, I can't change the facts, but I guess I can say sorry for being nasty. I hope JR never read these boards or surely he'll be upset for the dogs abuse he got off plenty on here for ONLY scoring goals... Probably still crying into his riches as we speak...

Difference is with Brown, that almost every Rovers fan in the ground is coming out with such utterances simultaneously and it sounds much worse. He does something rubbish and almost every fan sighs or moans. It's not as if such groans of dissatisfaction are orchestrated to make him feel bad, is it? End of the day, it's not the fault of every individual fan in there, it's the fault of a culmination of factors that have resulted in Brown playing 33 games for us, scoring 0 and doing diddly squat else other than run around... I must add, he's only added the working hard bit to his game lately. Earlier in his time at Rovers (before PL) I often thought he was lazy as well as unfit and lacking in talent. He seemed happy to pick up his pay packet and yes I know he was unfortunate with injuries, but he's only perked up lately as he knows he's gonna be jobless come summer and is fighting to keep fit/secure a contract somewhere.

As for the game tonight, I will be there and I hope he isn't picked. For all his running about, he contributes near nothing to a game and not 'miles more than JR' as some suggest. As a defender myself, I much prefer playing against big non-scoring lumps that have ZERO movement off the ball when the opposition are in possession than a player who, if you take your eye off him for a second, has the chance to punish you with a goal like Rhodes does. Hope we can snatch a draw tonight as I don't have confidence in us keeping Boro at bay for 90 mins. Hope to be proven wrong though and see a Rovers win, but I'll be happy with a point.

Fingers crossed JR gets the reaction he deserves as he's given a hell of a lot more to this club than the majority who've passed through Ewood's doors over the last five years.

that's true , we have heard he suffered vile abuse and was booed. I never heard any vile abuse or booing. When I he missed the two chances I heard (I know I went mental) there was many expletives and ranting but I heard no boos and if cheers when he went off is classed as abuse then I really do give up with this nancy pamby world we are now in.

Pray tell who your having a dig at if its not fans.

that's true , we have heard he suffered vile abuse and was booed. I never heard any vile abuse or booing. When I he missed the two chances I heard (I know I went mental) there was many expletives and ranting but I heard no boos and if cheers when he went off is classed as abuse then I really do give up with this nancy pamby world we are now in.

Next time Browny misses a sitter, any fan heard expressing any emotion other than positivity gets ejected from Ewood and barred for life.

Exactly!!

(In my opinion) Brown's confidence plays 2nd fiddle to his lack of technique and ability.

Yes, he's anxious no doubt, but his technique will always be the first to let him down.

I felt uneasy and ashamed at the cheering and the Riverside chanting "off, off, off". Wonder if in future chants could be aimed at Lambert ("sort it out etc...") ?

As JH says, it was noticeable Spurr and Graham couldn't wait to leave the pitch, surely more than just coincidence.

Again, it all goes down to the unpredictability of human nature.

I'd love him to score. One against Burnley would be a dream.

surely Watt will start this one after Brown struggling on Saturday.

Apart from that I wouldn't rotate the team unless injuries/fitness dictate.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. I can see Lambert starting Brown to prove a point.

(In my opinion) Brown's confidence plays 2nd fiddle to his lack of technique and ability.

Yes, he's anxious no doubt, but his technique will always be the first to let him down.

I felt uneasy and ashamed at the cheering and the Riverside chanting "off, off, off". Wonder if in future chants could be aimed at Lambert ("sort it out etc...") ?

As JH says, it was noticeable Spurr and Graham couldn't wait to leave the pitch, surely more than just coincidence.

Again, it all goes down to the unpredictability of human nature.

I'd love him to score. One against Burnley would be a dream.

I totally agree that anyone booing an individual, or even the team, is counterproductive.

I will never do it, although I was probably v close with a number of players, such as Yorke and his ilk.

I think it is a little different with Brown as he is the single worst forward with the ball at his feet, that I have possibly seen at Ewood. All fans are frustrated at Lambert's rank inability to source a single, more effective player in the window. It was WEAK managenent, and poor Browny is paying the heavy price of the fans' ridicule. It is difficult to have zero audible reaction to what happens when the ball arrives at his feet, I challenge any fan not to at least laugh.

I repeat, I did not cheer when he was subbed and I did not join in with the Off Off Off chants, though I did laugh.

I have been able to give him the benefit of the doubt until the MK Dons embarrassment (his and ours).

I now think it is time to replace him with Watt and/or Jackson, if only because they are not dreading the ball arriving anywhere below head height, because Browny surely is.

He is not worth the best part of a million quid a year and Lambert should not have engineered a situation where he had to be our 1st choice striker.

It's not fair on him, or us.

So, in this and the Chis Taylor professional capitulation, I don't think we can be too harsh on the fans.

In most other booing our own player instances, I agree that it is brainless.

Archived