BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Babu & Coar

Coar is the 'public face' of the club who has the job of turning up at all the games and representing the club in the absence of any real directors.

Day to day he contributes nothing to the club. On matchday he gets his free tickets and his meal and drinks in the directors box and no doubt expenses covered.

All the while he keeps his mouth well and truly shut.

It amazes me how anyone who has been involved with this club for as long as he has and worked with people like Jack Walker and John Williams can continue to legitimise this regime by sitting on the 'board' and representing the club at away games.

If he had any respect for the people at this club he would relinquish his position. If he wants to support the club then buy tickets and go to games like any other person.

Then there's also the Club President and Vice Presidents - Lee, Stanners, Root and Jeffries - I don't know how many of them are still alive and active but I would expect those that are to give up their titles in protest at what this club has become and refuse to participate in the sham.

Babu is just another Venky stooge who is their 'man' on the 'board' as for some reason the top dogs in the family don't want to join the board themselves so they need a puppet to be there for them. They also once had Mahesh Gupta who then departed the scene having contributed nothing to the club and probably never even visited it.

• Moderation Lead

Silent Bob was the perfect nickname for Bob Coar (and a good film reference too). Silent and the only director still here from Jack Walker's time. Complicit in our downfall..... :angry2:

Serious question .. What do they do ?

Serious answer mate.........I don't think anybody has a clue.

Coar is a parasite, the kind of hanger on that is seen at most football clubs. When Greg Dyke recently tried to push through reforms of the FA he was met with opposition from several high profile FA Councillors who didn't want their cushy little roles interfered with. Coar is an FA Committee member (I can't remember which one and can't be bothered looking). I see that as a mirror image of what he has at Ewood.

Perhaps these guys get paid and their wages are stumped up, instead of Interest on the loans. Remember the owners are very kindly charging us Zero, Zilch, nothing on £80 million plus. How very kind of them!

Serious answer mate.........I don't think anybody has a clue.

Coar is a parasite, the kind of hanger on that is seen at most football clubs. When Greg Dyke recently tried to push through reforms of the FA he was met with opposition from several high profile FA Councillors who didn't want their cushy little roles interfered with. Coar is an FA Committee member (I can't remember which one and can't be bothered looking). I see that as a mirror image of what he has at Ewood.

Isn't he a Burnley Supporter?

That would explain it.

Quite frankly the Club has been let down by just about everybody thats passed through the door these last 5 years.

Yep. The Walker Trust started the ball rolling by stabbing Jack and his legacy in the back (the greatest betrayal of them all), and from that point on countless people have participated in the demise of this football club, deliberately or not.

Yep. The Walker Trust started the ball rolling by stabbing Jack and his legacy in the back (the greatest betrayal of them all), and from that point on countless people have participated in the demise of this football club, deliberately or not.

The Walker Trust did absolutely everything they could, for as long as they could, to make the club sustainable using their boundaries. It wasn't their decision to sell.

My understanding was that Coar is the Walker family trust's representative on the board, as they still retain a small shareholding in the club. As such he is not Venkys man and is not a trusted confident.

My Dad met him a few weeks ago (think it may have been at the Rotherham game), and said he sounded like he knew exactly the same as all the fans when it came to the owners and their plans for our immediate future...

My Dad met him a few weeks ago (think it may have been at the Rotherham game), and said he sounded like he knew exactly the same as all the fans when it came to the owners and their plans for our immediate future...

Well the coward should speak out then

The optimist in me hopes that perhaps Bob Coar is biding his time looking to do the right thing and look for an opportunity to save the club.

After all, for all we know, he could have gathered some really useful intelligence or inside information just think what he could do.

Cometh the hour, cometh the man?

or perhaps this is pie in the sky?

Perhaps these guys get paid and their wages are stumped up, instead of Interest on the loans. Remember the owners are very kindly charging us Zero, Zilch, nothing on £80 million plus. How very kind of them!

Very good point, wouldn't be surprised if his name disappeared off the board now the parachutes have dried up.

The optimist in me hopes that perhaps Bob Coar is biding his time looking to do the right thing and look for an opportunity to save the club.

After all, for all we know, he could have gathered some really useful intelligence or inside information just think what he could do.

Nice sentiments. But afraid you've probably got Bob wrong.

He always used to look disinterested and vacant.

He came to life when he was interviewed for TV.

Well... his lips did.

Rovers always seemed like an interuption to his day.

At some point somebody has to step up and speak up for Rovers. It's long overdue

Looks after his and his sons interests, they're being paid a fortune by the club, why rock the boat?

Despicable to me, but I'm in a minority, most people would take the cash and keep your mouth shut.

An embarrassment, that's what he is. He's sat on the ship whilst it's hit the rocks, saying bugger all. Wasn't this the chap who Jack Walker laughed at when he said he'd got builders lined up for the new Ewood Park? Wasn't this also the gent that bought 'X' amount of vans ( for his market stall) when he agreed to sell Colin Hendry?

I bet he's been hidden behind the stapler point on every 10 page 'playing report' that's ever been faxed across to Pune. You can just imagine it now to Janice the tea lady (79), who's now had to take on admin responsibility, all because there's no one left: "I'll staple

It love! No need to make your arthritis worse doing that!"

Considering Venkys apparently (or used to) read on here, they're now probably discovering what that extra 100k means under 'Added Bonuses'.

I think I'm right in saying Rob coar is something to do with the fa and as such needs to be affiliated with a club. I suspect if his fa position was taken away he'd walk away from rovers in a flash but while he still needs the club for his own ends he'll stay. Like all too many at rovers recent past and present will put himself/themselves first and the club a very distant second.

As for that babu character Christ knows what he does. I'd wager not a lot.

• Backroom

Looks after his and his sons interests, they're being paid a fortune by the club, why rock the boat?

Despicable to me, but I'm in a minority, most people would take the cash and keep your mouth shut.

Who is his son? It's not Greg Coar I know that they share nothing but a name.

Archived