• Gareth Ainsworth
    • Alan Irvine
    • Paul Jewell
    • Phil Parkinson
    • Uwe Rosler

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love how people are discussing the manager situation like we're an ordinary club and not the basket case we've been reduced to.

I honestly couldn't give a rat's ass who they appoint now. The whole club is rotten to the core and set-up to fail whoever's in the hotseat.

And I swear if another person posts the latest betting odds, I'm getting stabby.

The odds on early favourite is a pozi no.2 Stanley screwdriver at 2/1. Closely followed by kitchen knife at 4's. But my money is on knitting needle at a 20/1 outsider.

It looks like we've come full circle now and they will appoint another rookie coach to buy into their f**ked up business plan. For all we know, Warren Joyce could be one of those rare diamonds in the rough that makes the step-up, but without the right structure in place at boardroom level it doesn't make a blind bit of difference who's in the dugout. Even someone like Warnock would only be prolonging the inevitable.

Some fans are clinging to the belief that we can be successful in spite of Venky's, and it's one I shared when they appointed Lambert, but it's time to wake up and smell the fried chicken. We've been on a downward trajectory from the moment they rocked up here and almost six years and £100m+ later they haven't learned a single lesson or even attempted to engage with the fans. The fact that some supporters are still willing to give them the benefit of the doubt must only be down to Stockholm Syndrome... as the alternative doesn't bear thinking about.

It looks like we've come full circle now and they will appoint another rookie coach to buy into their f**ked up business plan. For all we know, Warren Joyce could be one of those rare diamonds in the rough that makes the step-up, but without the right structure in place at boardroom level it doesn't make a blind bit of difference who's in the dugout. Even someone like Warnock would only be prolonging the inevitable.

Some fans are clinging to the belief that we can be successful in spite of Venky's, and it's one I shared when they appointed Lambert, but it's time to wake up and smell the fried chicken. We've been on a downward trajectory from the moment they rocked up here and almost six years and £100m+ later they haven't learned a single lesson or even attempted to engage with the fans. The fact that some supporters are still willing to give them the benefit of the doubt must only be down to Stockholm Syndrome... as the alternative doesn't bear thinking about.

Your right....however what do we do.....boycotting isn't the answer as some posters suggest.....unless it coordinated by certain body that represents the fans and all fans must be involved...... I don't see it happening...and it can't be half hearted....therefore the only answer is to wait it out and hope these idiots leave.....in the meantime we must support any new manager and the team until it becomes obvious he isn't fit for the job.....

Joyce was interviewed yesterday. Package agreed. He's asked for certain things re whole set up of the club etc. Wants to build the club from top to bottom. If he gets the right answer, the deal is done!

FYI - tough, tough guy. No messing and certainly no puppet.

who interviewed him Pasha on behalf of Crescendo ?

Pasha shouldn't be doing anything without a work permit even then he should be nowhere near BRFC

There's no one can rebuild this club from top to bottom with the structure or non structure as exists with the Ewood Hierarchy

They need to pull a (Management) rabbit out of the hat now after today's announcement that (paraphrased) said "we ain't going nowhere" and who's to say they won't? Warnock still ahead with all the bookies; Joyce has faded somewhat. Manuel Pellegrini is still available!!

He's got very little standing in the game

:angry2:

You know nothing. He may not turn out to be a good manager, but I think you will find that his standing in the game is unquestionable. His contact book will be a very good one and maybe we could do with a couple of young quality Utd lads....look at young fletcher at Barnsley, he's on loan from Joyce's team,,,,potentially a player who could do well for us.

You know nothing. He may not turn out to be a good manager, but I think you will find that his standing in the game is unquestionable. His contact book will be a very good one and maybe we could do with a couple of young quality Utd lads....look at young fletcher at Barnsley, he's on loan from Joyce's team,,,,potentially a player who could do well for us.

Still far from sure it will be Joyce

You my friend are living in cloud cuckoo land, or possibly a wind up merchant :rock:

If he had any standing in the game he'd be managing now, not coaching at a Man Utd, a club thats been in turmoil for the as long as we have.

Nice try though :tu:

You my friend are living in cloud cuckoo land, or possibly a wind up merchant :rock:

If he had any standing in the game he'd be managing now, not coaching at a Man Utd, a club thats been in turmoil for the as long as we have.

Turmoil? 5th in Premiership and just won the FA Cup. I'd swap what we have achieved in recent years for that and how!

Might as well make Charles Manson the next manager.

Be fair. Give Manson a chance! How can you criticise Manson before he's even arrived?At least give him 2 transfer windows.

In the meantime let the crowd be the twelfth player, that's our job. Who the manager is, is not.

All we can do is roar the lads on and make Ewood a fortress again!

Charlie Manson's Barmy Army!

Looks like you've payed a visit to Venkys Ministry Of Thought.

Contacts Book?! Standing in the game. No one had heard of him last week. If the limit of your ambition is acting as a nursery for Man U apprentices, I think you need to raise the bar somewhat.

We've already got an under 21's manager, and he got us to the FA CUP Semi final.

Does no one want to hold Venkys to account?

Turmoil? 5th in Premiership and just won the FA Cup. I'd swap what we have achieved in recent years for that and how!

Another one living in cuckoo land....

I doubt you could get much higher in standing in terms of the responsibility and level of club he was at.

In terms of being a proven manager? That's a different point to make. I'd sooner us go for Warnock or even Davies but as toppers says it's probably won't matter with no investment or structure.

If we are talking, Hignett, Slade, Redfearn, Ainsworth, Hill, Robinson, Dunn etc - I'd say that WJ probably ticks as many boxes in terms of our current scenario.

And if Man united is in turmoil, the experience should come in handy ;)

I doubt you could get much higher in standing in terms of the responsibility and level of club he was at.

Try being the manager, or assistance manager, or head of the academy, all roles higher than Joyce at Utd.

You'd argue black is white these days if got you page space on the site.

God knows when the odds thing became a thing on here. It would appear that anyone who puts his neck above the line and offers a rumour or two has been chased off the board and replaced with a bunch of Ray Winstones.

Chased off? Who are you referring to?

It's often thought and often evident, bookmakers have their sources and ears everywhere and change the odds dependant on the larger stakes.

On here, the fans are desperate (me included) peering in looking for patterns and signs of who's next. All in the forlorn hope that it will be different and a new dawn.

We know it won't be.

So sad.

Looks like you've payed a visit to Venkys Ministry Of Thought.

Contacts Book?! Standing in the game. No one had heard of him last week.

No, you hadn't heard of him. He's been around for years and I don't want him as manager, I'm just saying that he has the ear of many respected people in football.

No, you hadn't heard of him. He's been around for years and I don't want him as manager, I'm just saying that he has the ear of many respected people in football.

He does. But the ears are all at his current level (Acadamy and prospects).

Huge difference.

Yes, Leicester tapped into the MU youngsters, but it took a long time and about 15 goes.

We haven't the spine that Leicester had, or the time.

ring ring

Hello this is Mike Cheston

Hi Mike, its Pasha, Mr Warnock wants the job. When are you back from holiday ?

Its a bad line. My holiday - yes good thanks but plane was delayed. and I'm red with sunburn

What's that Russell Slade ? or Redfearn ?

I'm sorry, I can't understand your foreign voice

Who's that Warren Joyce ? I'll have to google him! I'm on it, bye.

Who was that on the phone Mike ?

Not sure, think it was a call centre trying to sell something.

Archived