• Billy Davies
    • Keith Hill
    • Alan Stubbs
    • Gareth Ainsworth
    • Alan Irvine
    • Paul Jewell
    • Phil Parkinson
    • Uwe Rosler

I'll tell you what. Buying a season ticket and then not using it, is the absolute worst thing that a fan can do. It simply hands over cash and perpetuates the mythical attendance figures.

But thousands have particularly the last half of last season even when Lambert was there. It's become the fashion amongst a lot of fans it seems, just go when you feel like it because it's cheap and your not having to justify a big outlay. Loads of these doing the spouting all over social media will fall into that category.

Yeah they've renewed and claim they aren't being driven out but will they all turn up every game ? Will they balls !

Clueless !

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meanwhile the debt keeps rising despite money being taken out of the club as the playing staff is downgraded.

Good times.

I can only see evidence of them putting money into the club, not taking out. There is plenty of evidence showing how they've frittered tens of millions away in misspent transfers, wages and even bloody court settlements. Plenty of stupid costly decisions, not discussing that.

Plenty of theory's on the way the finance works but nothing concrete enough to put an appointment down to being centred on furthering some sort of asset stripping operation!

Not at lot makes sense at Ewood these days. Unless someone has some real facts, the notion that the "owners" have profited from our club makes just as little sense. That's not to say I don't think others have done along the way!

There are plenty ways to bleed a club although it would be impossible for an outsider to prove this. We know they don't like outsiders because they do it all themselves but one that has been highlighted and goes on in every day businesses is get some people on the payroll who never set foot near the place drawing wages etc.

I'm told there are measures in place to stop owners etc just literally drawing TV & parachute money directly out of it so obviously they come up with methods to navigate around it. The whole Berg/Shaw fiasco showed the owners are duckers and divers, literally any other club in football would have removed him after that but not them. He was taking the hit for them in public whilst they tried to worm out of paying up which just shows them having no morals whatsoever.

Might as well make Charles Manson the next manager.

I've got to the point where I really don't care.

FC Rovers of Blackburn anyone?

Not that they would but if Darwen FC changed their name and Seneca stuck £60m in, would anybody defect?

I'd suggest not many. Which is why Venkys have got us by the balls. And why there is a danger of real anger and hatred seeping into Ewood next season.

Is it wrong to organise something to let the fans let off some steam ?

60 mill might not force them to give it up but starving them out might but obviously it's too much trouble for people like you. Just carry on sat there in silence then shuffling off ten mins before the end mumbling it's crap then ducking the next game or two because you can't be bothered but it's ok because STs are cheap enough to justify it.

Because that's exactly what thousands have been doing but the stated attendance papers over it to the outside world.

Yep great that's really the way to go !

Read the end of my post.....you know nothing about me....but what you should know is that I'm a passionate fan that has grown with brfc in my family and is a great tradition ....I want a good manager and I want a good team ....just don't think boycott is the way to go....I don't think it will work......patience is the only way and eventually these scumbags will go.....I hope

Read the end of my post.....you know nothing about me....but what you should know is that I'm a passionate fan that has grown with brfc in my family and is a great tradition ....I want a good manager and I want a good team ....just don't think boycott is the way to go....I don't think it will work......patience is the only way and eventually these scumbags will go.....I hope

I hope your very young then pal because these lot and their 100 mill 'vehicle' are here for good make no mistake. The absolute only way they'll go is if they are forced out or it's taken out of their hands.

How to force them out I don't know but there has to be a way. I'll stake you now that'll we'll be in league one within the next 1 or 2 years and that trend will continue as long as they are here. If I can' be part of something rebelling against it then i'll be damned if I'm going to sit there every week and watch it happen. I'm sure thousands of others feel the same and they'll just stay away.

Just staying away and doing nothing without making it clear just why they are doing so is no good either that's why people need to make a statement aimed in public right in those crackpots eyeline.

You're speaking too much sense BigBeard. No-one and I repeat no-one is happy with the position we're currently in, nor with the performance of the owners since they took over the Club. Fans turning on other fans and deriding them for remaining loyal and continuing to support the Club isn't helpful though.

Love how people are discussing the manager situation like we're an ordinary club and not the basket case we've been reduced to.

I honestly couldn't give a rat's ass who they appoint now. The whole club is rotten to the core and set-up to fail whoever's in the hotseat.

And I swear if another person posts the latest betting odds, I'm getting stabby.

I hope your very young then pal because these lot and their 100 mill 'vehicle' are here for good make no mistake. The absolute only way they'll go is if they are forced out or it's taken out of their hands.

How to force them out I don't know but there has to be a way. I'll stake you now that'll we'll be in league one within the next 1 or 2 years and that trend will continue as long as they are here. If I can' be part of something rebelling against it then i'll be damned if I'm going to sit there every week and watch it happen. I'm sure thousands of others feel the same and they'll just stay away.

Just staying away and doing nothing without making it clear just why they are doing so is no good either that's why people need to make a statement aimed in public right in those crackpots eyeline.

I will tell you what.....if there is a huge boycott and it's well organised I would join....last time it happened we were a laughing stock half the fans turned up half didn't ..... It needs a body like a union to organize such a coordinated effort...for me it's too disjointed at the moment....back onto the manager.....jock is probably right.....

Who gives a flying f_ ck who gets the gig.

Nobody can shine this tird the Rao's has turned the club in to.

I'd wager you and many others who log on here several times a day to state "It doesn't matter who the next manager is" actually care deeply about it otherwise you wouldn't bother being on here in the first place!

You're speaking too much sense BigBeard. No-one and I repeat no-one is happy with the position we're currently in, nor with the performance of the owners since they took over the Club. Fans turning on other fans and deriding them for remaining loyal and continuing to support the Club isn't helpful though.

Yeah your right RB fans need to stick together I also understand the desperation I feel it as well....but who ever the manger is and whoever is mad enough to take the job with these fools in charge has to have our backing

Love how people are discussing the manager situation like we're an ordinary club and not the basket case we've been reduced to.

I honestly couldn't give a rat's ass who they appoint now. The whole club is rotten to the core and set-up to fail whoever's in the hotseat.

And I swear if another person posts the latest betting odds, I'm getting stabby.

I'm with you. Totally had it with Rovers now. Reading this cycle of nonsense just makes me dislike it even more. It's sad but beyond repair whilst they are the puppeteers.

I'd wager you and many others who log on here several times a day to state "It doesn't matter who the next manager is" actually care deeply about it otherwise you wouldn't bother being on here in the first place!

Rumbled.

But then you realise if we got a gem of a manger the Rao's would p!ss them off enough for them to quit.

At this stage it's called morbid curiosity.

I wish people 'cared' as 'deeply' about the fact that Venkys are destroying our club.

(Note, 'ours' not 'theirs').

JEES REV ..WOW.

OF COURSE PEOPLE ARE LOGGING ON BECAUSE WE CARE FOR THE CLUB .THATS WHY PEOPLE ARE CHUFFING HURTING.

WHAT WE DONT CARE FOR ARE LYING TURDS LIKE KEAN AND NOW VENKYS . THE CLUB IS DYING AND STILL FANS ARE HAVING A GO AT FANS WHO WANT THE TOSSPOTS OUT. THEN THE ONES HAVING A GO AT US SAY WE HATE VENKYS TOO....BUT ...

I best shut up or TJ will shout at me again in his own language.

THEY ARE TELLING US LIES THE VENKY @#/?S ARE TELLING US LIES.

Biggest thing that has struck me through this debate is the sheer unpredictability of how any manager will perform, no matter what his background. Great managers can come from seemingly nowhere - Mourinho and Wenger had rubbish backgrounds before landing big jobs and Bob Paisley was a 50+-yr-old coach - and rubbish managers can come from greatness, Van Gaal for one.

Even ones judged as "proven" fail most of the time. Yes Warnock has seven promotions under his belt but he's been managing for 36 years, which means he didn't win anything in 29 seasons. Ipswich will still be kicking off against us next season despite Big Mick having been there a good while. Look at how when we were the best-run club in the country and our brains trust recruited Ince who took all of 17 games to land Hughes's team in the bottom three.

It's a lottery.

Biggest thing that has struck me through this debate is the sheer unpredictability of how any manager will perform, no matter what his background. Great managers can come from seemingly nowhere - Mourinho and Wenger had rubbish backgrounds before landing big jobs and Bob Paisley was a 50+-yr-old coach - and rubbish managers can come from greatness, Van Gaal for one.

Even ones judged as "proven" fail most of the time. Yes Warnock has seven promotions under his belt but he's been managing for 36 years, which means he didn't win anything in 29 seasons. Ipswich will still be kicking off against us next season despite Big Mick having been there a good while. Look at how when we were the best-run club in the country and our brains trust recruited Ince who took all of 17 games to land Hughes's team in the bottom three.

It's a lottery.

To a certain extent, but in our case it's very important to take into account the chaos and communication problems embedded into the running of the club.

Someone like Warnock will come in and hit the ground running, which is exactly what we need.

Someone like Joyce would need a bit of hand holding and help, which will simply not be forthcoming.

Before you know it we'd be in deep trouble.

In different circumstances, I'd be all for a more progressive appointment, but we need a shrewd practitioner at Championship level to keep us away from trouble.

It's a lottery.

There's no guarantee of success, we all know that.

Butttttttttt......... You would always try to stack the odds in your own favour. you would want the right people, making the best decisions, based on the best insider information available. So how does the club measure up to that? It doesn't measure up in any way whatsoever. With us it truly is rolling the dice. They would have as much chance of pinning the tail on the donkey, as they would have making the right managerial appointment.

There's no guarantee of success, we all know that.

Butttttttttt......... You would always try to stack the odds in your own favour. you would want the right people, making the best decisions, based on the best insider information available. So how does the club measure up to that? It doesn't measure up in any way whatsoever. With us it truly is rolling the dice. They would have as much chance of pinning the tail on the donkey, as they would have making the right managerial appointment.

Completely agree in principle. My point was that stacking the odds in your favour doesn't seem to change them materially. I'm sure Bolton and Wigan thought Coyle and Mackay were smart appointments and yet Warnock, even in well run clubs, seems to need five years for every promotion so God knows how long it would take here.

God knows when the odds thing became a thing on here. It would appear that anyone who puts his neck above the line and offers a rumour or two has been chased off the board and replaced with a bunch of Ray Winstones.

I find the betting odds an amusing diversion myself, so as long as you don't expect everyone who goes favourite to get it I can't see the problem. We probably don't have a clue who we're going to appoint yet so I don't see how the bookies can have a Scrooby either. I still think Irvine getting it by default in about a month is a likely outcome after we fail to persuade anyone else to take it.

As for the "Ray Winstones" not sure I agree on that either. If you come on here with an outrageously optimistic (or pessimiatic) prediction without anything to back it up you're bound to get people questioning it.

Archived