• Gareth Ainsworth
    • Alan Irvine
    • Paul Jewell
    • Phil Parkinson
    • Uwe Rosler

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why pay a manager between now and pre-season starting if there are no games to manage? Save on his wages whilst leaving Irvine and Kelly to sort out the formalities.

Welcome to the new world of Venky austerity.

But according to you, they offered him the job a few weeks back. ????

Haha....no mate. I said that Moyes was interested in the post. Full stop. I don't have a contact at the club so I don't know who they want. Check my post.

In terms of Warren Joyce. That info was again not from the club but from his side.

Haha....no mate. I said that Moyes was interested in the post. Full stop. I don't have a contact at the club so I don't know who they want. Check my post.

In terms of Warren Joyce. That info was again not from the club but from his side.

You don't have a contact in the club even if you did no one can second guess what these charlatans are going to do..

Want Neil warnock

Expect even possible Mrs Ds cat

What an absolute mess

I notice how the club are attempting to divert attention away from the current crisis by filling the website up with news and information predominantly relating to the academy, with a few bits about the women's team and competitions etc. They must be in the dark also, and so all the news coming out are from the only areas they can access easily.

I reckon that Cheston and Pasha have 'done their jobs' - I.e. discuss between them possible candidates, draw up some sort of shortlist, conduct interviews between them, before sending their recommendation back to India.

Having done his bit Cheston jets off on his holidays, poor bloke is probably exhausted after carrying the workload of 4 board members.

Nothing more Cheston or Pasha can do other than sit and wait for the accepted name to come back from India, before appointing that individual as manager.

Nothing back from India yet.

My theory is Venkys are refusing to name a new manager partly because they want to save on his wages by leaving it a few more weeks, but more importantly because with no manager in place it will facilitate the sales of our remaining assets.

I fully expect the likes of Hanley and Marshall to be sold before the players report back for pre-season. Last year they went behind Bowyer's back in selling Cairney, so it will be easier this time to do it if there is no manager in place to oppose it.

I reckon that Cheston and Pasha have 'done their jobs' - I.e. discuss between them possible candidates, draw up some sort of shortlist, conduct interviews between them, before sending their recommendation back to India.

Having done his bit Cheston jets off on his holidays, poor bloke is probably exhausted after carrying the workload of 4 board members.

Nothing more Cheston or Pasha can do other than sit and wait for the accepted name to come back from India, before appointing that individual as manager.

Nothing back from India yet.

My theory is Venkys are refusing to name a new manager partly because they want to save on his wages by leaving it a few more weeks, but more importantly because with no manager in place it will facilitate the sales of our remaining assets.

I fully expect the likes of Hanley and Marshall to be sold before the players report back for pre-season. Last year they went behind Bowyer's back in selling Cairney, so it will be easier this time to do it if there is no manager in place to oppose it.

I agree who knows what these dicks think... As I said earlier Paolo Di Canio is available.

Wouldn't mind Di Canio if just for the entertainment value. He's eccentric so that might just appeal to their strange personalities seeing as they befriend idiots such as Singh.

Anyway on the poll

Want: Common sense and the very best man for the job.

Expect: More stupid appointments

Want: Billy Davies

Expect: Alan Irvine

I'm fairly similar to you. Want Warnock expect Irvine. Would still be very pleased with Davies though.

I doubt whoever the new man is they'll be sending Paul Lambert a Christmas card this year after leaving us with around 14 players including 2 keepers and no strikers.

Warren Joyce must be the most illogical choice of any of the mentioned names

How can anyone expect someone with very little experience of managing come in with 14 pros on the books to turn the playing side around under the structure at Ewood .. It's beginning to look like championship survival may not be on the agenda with these charlatans

Ridiculous isn't it? If we appointed Yootha Joyce I'd react the same.

Having said that whoever the new manager is is pretty irrelevant as we (those with a brain anyway) know where the real problem lies.

You said he had 'offers/ approaches from Rovers and Bolton' - or did he just decide to mention Rovers and Bolton for the hell of it ???

Am I the only one who thought Alan Stubbs was Scottish? :blink:

Yes. He's as Scottish as you are :P

2 people want Warren Joyce ! I take it one of them is Bluebeard, and the other Chaddy ?

If Irvine got it I don't know how I'd feel.

On the one hand I'd be disappointed. It would be the cheap and easy option as he is already at the club and would suggest whatever 'search' has taken place has completely failed. I would refuse to accept Irvine is the best we can do with the likes of Warnock and Davies looking for a job.

Yet on the other hand I think Irvine would be a far better option than most of the names linked. I would sooner Irvine got the job than any of Hill, Hignett, Ainsworth, Redfearn, Slade, Joyce etc.

At the very least Irvine has managed at a decent level, and did a decent job with PNE. He's got more experience than most of the suggestions and for those who seem obsessed with appointing an ex-Rover he fits that odd criteria.

What a depressing situation to be in.

Want Rowett or Monk or Holloway. Voted Ainsworth tho as the other 3 not on poll.

Expect Joyce or Redfearn.

I wouldnt be that disappointed if Irvine or Ainsworth got it

What do you think Ainsworth could bring to the club that John Coleman, Martin Allen or Paul Tisdale couldn't?

I'm not trying to be funny, I'm just genuinely interested as to what it is he's supposed to have done in the last 4 years as a manager to put him above any other League Two manager and make him suitable for this club and why the raft of other managers with similar or better track records aren't being suggested.

Please don't mention that he's from Blackburn in your answer. That is a completely redundant and irrelevant factor that shouldn't even be mentioned in this search process.

What do you think Ainsworth could bring to the club that John Coleman, Martin Allen or Paul Tisdale couldn't?

I'm not trying to be funny, I'm just genuinely interested as to what it is he's supposed to have done in the last 4 years as a manager to put him above any other League Two manager and make him suitable for this club and why the raft of other managers with similar or better track records aren't being suggested.

Please don't mention that he's from Blackburn in your answer. That is a completely redundant and irrelevant factor that shouldn't even be mentioned in this search process.

Yep ...Might as well appoint Reeva Steencamp's mum, Mrs Huggett or Major Mohn from Colditz...

• Moderation Lead

Want Warnock, would settle for Davies. Quite why anyone would want anyone else I don't know. Those other choices are unsuitable, uninspiring ambitionless failures.

Archived