• Gareth Ainsworth
    • Alan Irvine
    • Paul Jewell
    • Phil Parkinson
    • Uwe Rosler

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lambert was honest and very smart. His reputation was already on the slide (even with Rovers fans). He saw the difficulties and decided to get out unscathed.

One thing I would maybe question him over it, is this : Football is littered with out of work Managers, and he chose to walk away from a job, didn't back himself to achieve/ improve with Rovers.

Whether or not he thought he'd be in Glasgow by now, is another matter.

It may be a while til he gets the chance again. That's a risk to be taken.

I don't blame him, he's better off out of Rovers.

He was out of work for 9 months after leaving Villa with his reputation at an all time low, chose Rovers as the place he wanted to resume his career, signed a 2.5 year contract, barely started to rehabilitate his reputation, yet decided after 6 months that he wasn't prepared to stay on and try to make a go of it, even if it meant writing off 2 years salary and going back into the managerial wilderness with guarantee of future employment.

That's almost unheard of in football. Unhappy managers will either try their best to make a go of it whilst looking for a move elsewhere, or engineer their sackings to get paid up. Lambert did neither and took the unprecedented step of saying 'I'm out' before his job had even properly started with the summer transfer window.

That tells me all I need to know about these people and why every other manager we've had have been the level they have.

I think many would say Graham, Ward, Bennet, Jackson et al where also PLs choices and not that of some umbrella agency dictating transfer business.

I'm not disputing that we've had some dodgy stuff going on particularly at the beginning with the NDA bonanza.

Maybe but I wouldn't be entirely so sure. Graham will get a deal somewhere now after showing what he can do at this level instead of rotting at Sunderland then being shown the door. Watt, well Charlton need rid and surely he'd have had some takers if it wasn't for injury. Grimes advertised himself at this level as potential. Only Gomez let himself down wearing all the looks of someone who was told to play here but didn't want to.

I would think whoever controls 3 of those guys affairs will be quite happy they got them a gig at Blackburn even if their contracts here didn't materialise.

We have to accept that after some managers agents basically run football and at champ level the only real way to make money is keep your clients moving around and keep others in the shop window. What better than having a friendly club to help you along.

• Backroom

If you polled every single season ticket holder from last season not one of us would pick Joyce as a manager, less than 1% has probably heard of him.

However I still think I would be less angry with him over Redfearn.

It looks like whoever we pick is a huge gamble we just have to hope for once we get lucky

If you polled every single season ticket holder from last season not one of us would pick Joyce as a manager, less than 1% has probably heard of him.

aye we got nothing against him

It looks like whoever we pick is a huge gamble we just have to hope for once we get lucky

Why does luck have to come into it? It should be a proper thorough search for the best man for the job, ie an experienced manager not an unproven novice

I cant comprehend that.

In your original post, you were advocating for Rovers to become a "Feeder club to Manchester United."

There's a huge difference between that and loaning a few players from them.

Feeder/ partnership = Reprehensive to any football fan, let alone one with a proud history in its own right.

keeping on the subject of the forum I have never said that Joyce would be a good appointment ... I didn’t say either way because none of us know.... all I can say is I would rather him because of his connections than .Redfearn or Slade .... I actually would prefer Warnock.... may I ask a question ..... why is being a feeder club "Reprehensive to any football fan".... there are many clubs are feeder clubs there is no shame and it works well in some cases... ............ We are all a victim of Venkys .... I hate them as much as you because of what they have done ..... however we are where we are... we are no longer a prem team ... we are a club struggling to stay in the championship .... so to be in the position to feed of a club in the top half of the prem is not shameful... in fact it is needed.

I am a realist not a dreamer ... but I do hope one day that our circumstances change.... so we dont have to feed of other clubs

keeping on the subject of the forum I have never said that Joyce would be a good appointment ... I didnt say either way because none of us know.... all I can say is I would rather him because of his connections than .Redfearn or Slade .... I actually would prefer Warnock.... may I ask a question ..... why is being a feeder club "Reprehensive to any football fan".... there are many clubs are feeder clubs there is no shame and it works well in some cases... ............ We are all a victim of Venkys .... I hate them as much as you because of what they have done ..... however we are where we are... we are no longer a prem team ... we are a club struggling to stay in the championship .... so to be in the position to feed of a club in the top half of the prem is not shameful... in fact it is needed.

I am a realist not a dreamer ... but I do hope one day that our circumstances change.... so we dont have to feed of other clubs

I'm leaving the debate there. We will never agree.

If we were taliking someone like Warnock or similar as manager with Joyce (and all his contacts and knowledge) as assistant I could get quite excited about that.

Joyce in his first managerial post at age 52 I can't get my head round. It must say something that if he is so good supposedly, Man Ure never saw fit to promote him beyond u21 level to say 1st team assistant.

What then gives him the credentials to suddenly manage at another Club?.

If we were taliking someone like Warnock or similar as manager with Joyce (and all his contacts and knowledge) as assistant I could get quite excited about that.

Joyce in his first managerial post at age 52 I can't get my head round. It must say something that if he is so good supposedly, Man Ure never saw fit to promote him beyond u21 level to say 1st team assistant.

What then gives him the credentials to suddenly manage at another Club?.

He was a manager/head coach in Belgium for 2 years. Royal antwerp was the club.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warren_Joyce

keeping on the subject of the forum I have never said that Joyce would be a good appointment ... I didn’t say either way because none of us know.... all I can say is I would rather him because of his connections than .Redfearn or Slade .... I actually would prefer Warnock.... may I ask a question ..... why is being a feeder club "Reprehensive to any football fan".... there are many clubs are feeder clubs there is no shame and it works well in some cases... ............ We are all a victim of Venkys .... I hate them as much as you because of what they have done ..... however we are where we are... we are no longer a prem team ... we are a club struggling to stay in the championship .... so to be in the position to feed of a club in the top half of the prem is not shameful... in fact it is needed.

Pfft, no! What exactly is your aim for this club? Premier league club, or feeder club? We cant go on like this, when we accept a manager because of his affiliation to Man United. Would you have talked about him, had he been the under 21 coach of Wigan or Accrington?

A part of me hopes they go for a laughably bad option. It will show to the world how inept they are, and may help to rally the fanbase against them.

Another Lambert style appointment will look good on paper to those who don't know how messy things are behind the scenes.

A part of me hopes they go for a laughably bad option. It will show to the world how inept they are, and may help to rally the fanbase against them.

Another Lambert style appointment will look good on paper to those who don't know how messy things are behind the scenes.

I said a few weeks ago, I hope it's Diego Maradona.

Better still Steve Kean back.

Christ on a porta potty. If the fanbase aren't ready to rally against them NOW then I despair

Christ on a porta potty. If the fanbase aren't ready to rally against them NOW then I despair

That's the issue - a lot will still say to 'get behind the lads'.

Pfft, no! What exactly is your aim for this club? Premier league club, or feeder club? We cant go on like this, when we accept a manager because of his affiliation to Man United. Would you have talked about him, had he been the under 21 coach of Wigan or Accrington?

In the current state of affairs then what would you suggest .... are Venkys going to leave...No ...... are we going to get an experienced manager....No ......is a boycott going to help .... No.... and do Venkys own the club .... yes....Pfft

Pfft.. yes These are the facts .... nothing we can do... hopefully one day this crowd will bugger off when they get fed up and we can all cheer up again..

That's the issue - a lot will still say to 'get behind the lads'.

They are doing just that on facebook and twitter. The only way to get rid of this lot is to force them out but many would rather just go along with it.

They are doing just that on facebook and twitter. The only way to get rid of this lot is to force them out but many would rather just go along with it.

Haven’t we gone along that road before .... god if 60 million wont force them to give the club up when we are over 100 mil in debt then a poxy little boycott won’t make one jot of difference.... might make the fans feel better though.... :o)

Haven’t we gone along that road before .... god if 60 million wont force them to give the club up when we are over 100 mil in debt then a poxy little boycott won’t make one jot of difference.... might make the fans feel better though.... :o)

Is it wrong to organise something to let the fans let off some steam ?

60 mill might not force them to give it up but starving them out might but obviously it's too much trouble for people like you. Just carry on sat there in silence then shuffling off ten mins before the end mumbling it's crap then ducking the next game or two because you can't be bothered but it's ok because STs are cheap enough to justify it.

Because that's exactly what thousands have been doing but the stated attendance papers over it to the outside world.

Yep great that's really the way to go !

If we appoint Joyce or similar promoted coach then it seems as though we are being turned into a vehicle to make money for owners who are hated, and that fielding a football team will be a bi-product of that aim - if we are lucky!

Meanwhile the debt keeps rising despite money being taken out of the club as the playing staff is downgraded.

Good times.

Is it wrong to organise something to let the fans let off some steam ?

60 mill might not force them to give it up but starving them out might but obviously it's too much trouble for people like you. Just carry on sat there in silence then shuffling off ten mins before the end mumbling it's crap then ducking the next game or two because you can't be bothered but it's ok because STs are cheap enough to justify it.

Because that's exactly what thousands have been doing but the stated attendance papers over it to the outside world.

Yep great that's really the way to go !

I'll tell you what. Buying a season ticket and then not using it, is the absolute worst thing that a fan can do. It simply hands over cash and perpetuates the mythical attendance figures.

Archived