BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Article -> New Rovers Manager

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Met the board members" - genuinely wondering who he actually met?

Don't Believe that he has never heard of SEM but always cautious when quotes are used without the question and especially when the subject of the question has to be inserted by the author/editor of the article...

Andrew Cryer says on Twitter that Venkys dont go near SEM and Anderson...

Can you please tell Andy "The straw man" Cryer than we needed his help 5yrs ago, his posturing and arrogant demeanor now is worthless, a bit like his journalism.

If he's trying to say that we've had no SEM players in the past 3yrs he's more of a mug than I thought he was.

I've not read or heard any interviews with Coyle.

I've seen the headline on the BBC saying we wouldn't be happy with Mourinho, which I couldn't believe!

The Ranieri comparison is Keanesque.

Christ, it's his 1st day.

Imagine what sh1ite he'll come out with when he's fighting losing battles on and off the pitch.

I have no intention of reading or listening to anything he may have to say. His appointment really is the final straw. I spent the week before he was appointed getting ready for it because when the rumour first broke it was just ridiculous enough to be true. But it still hit me very hard when I read it had happened. He could win the championship by a country mile and I would not be tempted back to Ewood.

I'm really struggling to understand something here. The only evidence I have seen so far that Owen Coyle was ever a client of SEM is that Steve Kean said he was. Righto, that must be true then??!!

But everyone thinks its Coyle that is lying????

Or am I missing something here?

I'm really struggling to understand something here. The only evidence I have seen so far that Owen Coyle was ever a client of SEM is that Steve Kean said he was. Righto, that must be true then??!!

I've no idea what to believe anymore

Looks like he was at one point OJ. There's a few articles out there. Dont think he's with them now though. Probably with the Sons of SEM or some other off shoot populated by people with similar sounding names, coincidentally.

"Are you with SEM?" Was the question from the press "never heard of them" was the reply "oh, ok, do you like cats?" was the next line of enquiry. Paxman wasn't at his best.

Good news is that Anderson has "retired" I read on the Internet. Must have done his dough somehow.

Goes to show, with the wind in the right direction and a willingness not to care about a towns pride and joy you can pack it all in early and dance round full time with your Mrs looking like a right tosser if you want to.

There is more than one article posted on various threads (manager related) but here is one that I do not think has been posted (next to last article)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-2142029/Didier-Drogba-sign-Chelsea-shirts--Charles-Sale.html#ixzz1uTTeO0kZ

and I think this is a rehash of another Daily mail article

https://prosportsgroup.com/sports-agent-news/how-an-agent-came-to-hold-so-much-power-at-blackburn-rovers/

and a story courtesy of the SEM Group that appeared on the sun website

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/1988471/Coyles-captial-punishment.html

Looks like he was at one point OJ. There's a few articles out there. Dont think he's with them now though. Probably with the Sons of SEM or some other off shoot populated by people with similar sounding names, coincidentally.

"Are you with SEM?" Was the question from the press "never heard of them" was the reply "oh, ok, do you like cats?" was the next line of enquiry. Paxman wasn't at his best.

Good news is that Anderson has "retired" I read on the Internet. Must have done his dough somehow.

Goes to show, with the wind in the right direction and a willingness not to care about a towns pride and joy you can pack it all in early and dance round full time with your Mrs looking like a right tosser if you want to.

Every single one I have seen was based on Steve Kean 'outing' Coyle as an SEM client years ago. The same Steve Kean who discovered Phil Jones and played attacking football at White Hart Lane. If someone can produce any evidence that Owen Coyle was actually a client of SEM then yes, he was lying today, but if it came to trusting either Kean or Coyle to be telling the truth, I know who i would go with.

Edit - just seen perthblue02's post. Dave Sheron seems to be the link to Coyle. If he only worked for SEM when he represented Coyle then yes - bang to rights our new manager was lying in his interview and should be called out on it forthwith. No doubt they will claim that it wasn't SEM though.

its a real worry that he's allegedly already told his first fib in his first interview, that's a real concern for me.

But more importantly than that, is his suitability for the role as manager of Blackburn Rovers, he's an abysmal record as a manager, yet we've appointed him, I hope the alarm bells are ringing because this situation doesn't get any better, it's gets worse as we've seen time and time again under these rats from Pune.

#venkysout

Not sure if anyone's posted this. Apologies if so.

5 minutes on Colin Murray's TalkShite show today about the appointment of Coyle. It focuses a bit too much on the Burnley connection for laughs, but some good digs on national radio about the inadequacies of Venky's. Fair play to Murray for highlighting, gone up in my estimation. Culminates in him saying the decision to appoint Coyle is "absolutely crazy".

It's the 11.30-12.00 section. 20 mins in.

http://talksport.com/radio/listen-again/1464944400#

Sounds like Kean erm I mean Coyle has been briefed by certain people to deny any links to SEM/Kentaro for fear of further backlash and really, what did people expect him to say? Not that flat out lying makes it any better of course.

My understanding is it was Irvine who wanted and suggested Coyle.

Not sure if anyone's posted this. Apologies if so.

5 minutes on Colin Murray's TalkShite show today about the appointment of Coyle. It focuses a bit too much on the Burnley connection for laughs, but some good digs on national radio about the inadequacies of Venky's. Fair play to Murray for highlighting, gone up in my estimation. Culminates in him saying the decision to appoint Coyle is "absolutely crazy".

It's the 11.30-12.00 section. 20 mins in.

http://talksport.com/radio/listen-again/1464944400#

I like Murray, appears to March to the beat of his own drum.

Dave Whelan backs his managers, for him to come out and say what he says on the article below speaks volumes.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/5299938/Dave-Whelan-has-revealed-why-he-sacked-Owen-Coyle-after-less-than-six-months.html

:wacko:

Dave Whelans a Rover.... Coyle is an agents man.... good luck to the season ticket holders ....football stinks in this country.

My understanding is it was Irvine who wanted and suggested Coyle.

So not Kean, Kentaro, SEM, concerto or Anderson then? Is Irvine Coyles agent?

No offence Neal. Only messing. What's clear though is that nothing's clear.

But, for me, and many / most others, I don't trust Coyle. He needs to buy extremely well if he gets money. He needs wins. All managers do. But this guy has walked into a shitstorm of his own making through his history (and I don't mean him being a manager of that lot down the road) of recent failure wherever he has been.

So not Kean, Kentaro, SEM, concerto or Anderson then? Is Irvine Coyles agent?

No offence Neal. Only messing. What's clear though is that nothing's clear.

But, for me, and many / most others, I don't trust Coyle. He needs to buy extremely well if he gets money. He needs wins. All managers do. But this guy has walked into a shitstorm of his own making through his history (and I don't mean him being a manager of that lot down the road) of recent failure wherever he has been.

How can you not trust a man who thought he was Moses

"If you want to be bibilical I’m not Judas, I’m Moses because myself and my staff led Burnley from the wilderness."

Lets hope his tactics can part the defence of the red Bristol C

I like Murray, appears to March to the beat of his own drum.

very much a renegade. Very difficult to produce on radio as he keeps going off at a tangent and doesn't stick to the "script" so shows are in danger of overrunning and things they wanted to include get missed out.

Andrew Cryer says on Twitter that Venkys dont go near SEM and Anderson...

Venkys should be taking legal action against them... Let's assume Venkys came in with good intentions of making an investment for a global brand but in a industry they don't know much about.

This agency who connects global partners puts them together a reputable Premier League club with owners desperate to sell at a fair price...

They can pull strings while making the Venkys look like the masterminds.

They agree on potential acquisitions, such as Beckham and Ronaldinho maybe, and go public with their intentions but then somethings broken down somewhere along the way.

I reckon Venkys are stuck with Blackburn Rovers now and feel let down by SEM / Kentaro / Anderson or whoever advises them for allowing them throw away millions and getting nothing back in return - other than grief.

Now there the ones looking stupid because effectively the buck stops with them - as they're the 'owners'.

Exactly it all came from Kean.

Admittedly I am a bit bemused that Coyle said he had never heard of SEM.But I'm prepared to wait to see if he signs a raft of SEM clients before I jump to the conclusion of him being a SEM or Anderson plant.

Going off what his son said on Twitter,Coyle doesn't have an agent.His lawyer handles the legalities of his contract and his lawyer has links to beswick sports but Coyle is not represented by Beswick sports.

As Neal said Alan Irvine put Coyles name foward.Poor appointment,his recent record certainly suggests that anyway but maybe a trio of Coyle,Irvine and Kelly could work.

very much a renegade. Very difficult to produce on radio as he keeps going off at a tangent and doesn't stick to the "script" so shows are in danger of overrunning and things they wanted to include get missed out.

Sounds about right! He's very good value.

Archived