BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Article -> New Rovers Manager

Exactly it all came from Kean.

Really ? Unlike Kean not to blow his own trumpet, but you would have expected him to have mentioned doing the press releases for the SEM Group in 2008 on his cv , No end to that man's talents.

In the mirror article posted elsewhere which although undated must have been published on the 1st of December 2008 the day before Burnley beat Arsenal 2-0 at turf moor in the 1st Leg of the Carling cup in the 2008/2009 competition due to the teams mentioned that Burnley had previously beat.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008–09_Football_League_Cup

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watched interview,

Saw the old tongue licking moving

The mention of growing up in glasgow, celtic

It really could have been Kean in disguise.

That being said, if he gets the right players, wins games and keeps his nose clean then thats all that matters going forwards.

He aint my first choice , he aint my last choice, he wouldnt even be on my choice list.

However its done now and i dont wish to dwell on it anymore, will give him a chance to get it right.

Im under no illussions, this is a difficult task for any manager to try and get 10 players plus and turn our team into a top 10 team let alone promotion team.

The damage was done long before Coyle came, He is inheriting a mess , from owners to board to squad.

The fact we have no strikers is shocking

This time last year we had Gestede and Rhodes , now we are praying that we find a freebie or loanee who can just be half as good

Really ? Unlike Kean not to blow his own trumpet, but you would have expected him to have mentioned doing the press releases for the SEM Group in 2008 on his cv , No end to that man's talents.

In the mirror article posted elsewhere which although undated must have been published on the 1st of December 2008 the day before Burnley beat Arsenal 2-0 at turf moor in the 1st Leg of the Carling cup in the 2008/2009 competition due to the teams mentioned that Burnley had previously beat.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/200809_Football_League_Cup

Ok even if Coyle was once affiliated with SEM...what evidence is there to suggest he still is?None because he isn't.As I said in my previous post according to his son, Coyle himself,Nixon,Andy cetera,numerous other media he isn't with SEM.He has a lawyer who looks after the legalities of his contract who is linked to beswick sports.

Sem had a lot of managers and players on their books.

What actual evidence is there that the venkys are still in bed with Anderson and his cronies?It's widely reported that they had a fall out.

As I said I'm willing to hold my hands up if it turns out that Coyle got the job due to him being affiliated with SEM.But I'm not going to rush to judgement.If it's the case that he is still affiliated with SEM then I'm sure we will see the majority of his signings being SEM clients

Ok even if Coyle was once affiliated with SEM...what evidence is there to suggest he still is?None because he isn't.As I said in my previous post according to his son, Coyle himself,Nixon,Andy cetera,numerous other media he isn't with SEM.He has a lawyer who looks after the legalities of his contract who is linked to beswick sports.

Sem had a lot of managers and players on their books.

What actual evidence is there that the venkys are still in bed with Anderson and his cronies?It's widely reported that they had a fall out.

As I said I'm willing to hold my hands up if it turns out that Coyle got the job due to him being affiliated with SEM.But I'm not going to rush to judgement.If it's the case that he is still affiliated with SEM then I'm sure we will see the majority of his signings being SEM clients

As posted elsewhere it does seem he has not been with SEM since at least the Houston Dynamos appointment, and if you would care to read other posts in the threads you would see that SEM as a entity are currently not very active like the majority of the Kentaro group and employees and associates of those organisations have spread far and wide and on to pastures new..

Of course they had lots of clients and employees and I am sure some of them had morals and would not dream of shafting a historic football club.

The SEM conversation has been brought to light again because of Coyle's interview denying he has ever heard of them.

Am I the only one who thinks it odd that Irvine put Coyles name forward. Not suggesting anything corrupt but where else would those who are supposed to be conducting the manager search need to ask assistants who are potentially out of the club asap for ideas on who should be the next manager? What was it? They all sat round a table wondering what to do after they'd interviewed a few and said "well none of them went down too well. They all want money to spend. Anyone know of somebody who's so desperate for a job they'll not whinge? "

And Irvine pipes up, "Owen Coyle is homesick. He's rubbish and the fans will hate him but I reckon he'll do it"

"Fans will hate him? Good. Get him in then"

If Coyle doesn't do the job we will sink like a rock to League one and that's just the next step. So it's better hope he can keep us up. Tbh it is a huge task at the moment as we have no strikers and just one wing back on books. We need about 8-10 new players signed in very little time. And the quality can't be Portuguese.

Doesn't really matter what ever his association with SEM, the fact is he's lied by claiming he's never heard of them, I personally believe he's a compulsive liar.

A few have mentioned lip licking, that's a sign of nervousness nothing more.

Going to Sir Humphrey Appleby levels here but the quote is "I don't know who that is (SEM)".

A laywers distinktion but perhaps a (failed) attempt to stop the gossip?

(I "don't know" who Takashiwa Industries are but i would be lying if i said i had "never heard" of them)

Still going to Take a lot to erase the cynicism...

Look, you know I don't post a lot, principally because I bow to other peoples greater knowledge of the game and of circumstances, but this fascination with Coyle apparently lying about SEM makes me wonder if he wasn't responding in the same way I respond to questions about my first wife, "Who's she?" Its a way of saying, that was a part of my life I don't think of anymore and want to forget ever happened.

Am I being too subtle?

Where Paul lambert from!?!?! Jeez lads it's not even 8 and the Glasgow mafia theory's are out.

blimy ,whasssup only me about to be opposite with.

Where /who has Glasgow mafia been mentioned? if your on about me ( I know your obsessed, I was referring to him mentioning his roots I didnt say mafia !)

Look, you know I don't post a lot, principally because I bow to other peoples greater knowledge of the game and of circumstances, but this fascination with Coyle apparently lying about SEM makes me wonder if he wasn't responding in the same way I respond to questions about my first wife, "Who's she?" Its a way of saying, that was a part if my life I don't think I anymore and want to forget ever happened.

Am I being too subtle?

I know exactly who my first ex wife is and was .I don't deny or lie knowing her she was a wierd wired two timing money grabbing cow.She was into horses and preferred 15 hands between her legs.

I have inside knowledge of this 'Glasgow connection', and it would make absolute sense if Alan Irvine was indeed the person who recommended Coyle. They both have very close links to Bishopbriggs, where I live. I know both families and they not only know each other but are thoroughly decent families. Alan Irvine has long held Rovers in special regard (described his playing time at the club as the happiest of his whole career and he said this years before he came back as a coach). I'm not entirely happy with Owen Coyle's appointment (see my earlier posts) but Irvine being the source of recommendation at least puts my mind at rest in respect of the agency issue, and is a perfectly feasible - nay likely - explanation.

I have inside knowledge of this 'Glasgow connection', and it would make absolute sense if Alan Irvine was indeed the person who recommended Coyle. They both have very close links to Bishopbriggs, where I live. I know both families and they not only know each other but are thoroughly decent families. Alan Irvine has long held Rovers in special regard (described his playing time at the club as the happiest of his whole career and he said this years before he came back as a coach). I'm not entirely happy with Owen Coyle's appointment (see my earlier posts) but Irvine being the source of recommendation at least puts my mind at rest in respect of the agency issue, and is a perfectly feasible - nay likely - explanation.

You are talking far too much sense here. Don't you know that everything is a conspiracy! Seriously, you make a very good point about them being friends, plus the fact that both have worked in the North West for a long time and so will have continually run into one another at games and other events. Like you, I have reservations about the appointment, simply because of his struggles post Burnley. However, he is now the manager and we can only hope he can replicate what he achieved at the Turf. Much will depend on the budget he is given, which I suspect will be very small, and how he uses it.

Why are a lot of people assuming that Irvine and Kelly will be a good back up team for Coyle? The pair didn't do much alongside Lambert to shoot us up the table. The fact that Coyle doesn't have his own coaching staff says it all for me. That said, I sincerely hope they do well, because that means the Rovers are doing well too.

That last line made me smile Abbey, probably because I have an ex-wife.

Anyway, I'm not that bothered about Coyle's ex-Burnley connection (I'd have Dyche in this afternoon if he was given a proper structure). I am bothered that there's something about him that reminds me of Kean, not sure what but I get the impression that a new age of dodgy deals, lies and relegation is dawning.

I'm not happy about the appointment mainly from what I've read about his lack of concerns towards fitness etc. Some of Rovers existing players such as Hanley have struggled with general fitness. From what I've read Coyle's main strength appears to be motivational which I think we are going to need next season because it is going to be a very hard season.

If he leaves fitness and coaching to others and concentrates on his strengths then maybe some good could come out of this appointment.

Hopefully his friend, Irvine, who got him the job has give him a good briefing on players because we need them in fast.

blimy ,whasssup only me about to be opposite with.

This deliberately opposite thing doesn't do anything for the board but bore!

I agree and disagree with lots of content on this website, disagree especially the more nonsensical angry ramblings. After hearing that, It should make more sense to you why you get quoted a lot by me.

that's a driverless ghost bus parson.

I agree and disagree with lots of content on this website, disagree especially the more nonsensical angry ramblings. After hearing that, It should make more sense to you why you get quoted a lot by me.

and you bring pleasure and excitement .

so theres nowt to be angry about ok? ...and you are not opposite ..

It's certainly not a good thing for him to blatantly lie on his first interview, however in the grand scheme of things I don't think it should measure that high on the richter scale. The question may have put him on the spot and he made a bad choice at the time.

His previous history with SEM is concerning but I think elements like this are amplified by the (justified) paranoia and skullduggery that has gone on in the past. As a previous poster mentioned, if you were to disregard all current and previous SEM clients, both mabager and player, then that's an awful lot of people you'd be crossing off the list.

My main concern with his appointment lies solely with his recent record as a manager and the fact of how quickly it was done in terms of him leaving Houston and ending up here. Says to me that there wasn't any good candidates interested in the role and to be fair as we have all pointed out on the past, who can blame them?

Archived