BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] What To Do

There are a few people on here that seem to be in the same position as me. I want to boycott, however I buy the ticket, drive and sit with my dad who is over 70. He is putting pressure on to renew, living apart this is 'our' day out every other week. He can't stand venkys but still thinks we should go and support/vent.

I'm determined not to go but the emotional blackmail is getting to me. Anyone got any advice.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you can't persuade him, go with him. I only have myself to please. I go with my husband who no longer wants to go. The last 2 times we've held off from buying a season ticket, I've persuaded him in the end but I'd have gone on my own if I'd had to. Your family is important, especially as they get older. All I'd say is don't rush out tomorrow and buy it. Wait till just before deadline, unless your dad can't wait.

There are a few people on here that seem to be in the same position as me. I want to boycott, however I buy the ticket, drive and sit with my dad who is over 70. He is putting pressure on to renew, living apart this is 'our' day out every other week. He can't stand venkys but still thinks we should go and support/vent.

I'm determined not to go but the emotional blackmail is getting to me. Anyone got any advice.

Go. I use to go with my grandfather and my dad and believe me those times are special which you can't get back once those loved ones are gone. Family comes before anything. If your dad wants to go - go with him.

Go. I use to go with my grandfather and my dad and believe me those times are special which you can't get back once those loved ones are gone. Family comes before anything. If your dad wants to go - go with him.

I went with my Dad till he died at 87. You can't get those days back. Go with him.

• Backroom

Boycotting isn't going to make a huge amount of difference to our situation imo. Unless 90% of the fanbase boycotts (will not happen) then it isn't going to change much. No point causing ill feelings with your dad over this. Technically you're giving money to Venky's, but the amounts are overall largely negligible. I'd suggest you go.

Boycotting isn't going to make a huge amount of difference to our situation imo. Unless 90% of the fanbase boycotts (will not happen) then it isn't going to change much. No point causing ill feelings with your dad over this. Technically you're giving money to Venky's, but the amounts are overall largely negligible. I'd suggest you go.

Indeed. If you sit in the BBE a season ticket represents 0.0003% of the debt (I've used £100m). So I wouldn't worry too much about "lining their pockets".

Indeed. If you sit in the BBE a season ticket represents 0.0003% of the debt (I've used £100m). So I wouldn't worry too much about "lining their pockets".

Or maybe it's the principle of the matter?

You guys and gals need to change the focus from the owners onto ....the agents and agency's and then the English FA and team up with supporters of clubs like Leeds Forest Cardiff etc., who've been affected.

I'm renewing because of my boys, they're 8 and 11 and get peer pressure to "support" City, Chelsea, United even Burnley now! Best chance to keep them Rovers fans is to go.

Go with your dad. If my dad, who has never had an interest in football, wanted to go with me I'd love it.

Or maybe it's the principle of the matter?

Which is what exactly?

I don't want to give them any of my money? I can relate to that course I can. Expect it doesn't appear to make a blind bit of difference. If they were desperate for fans to turn up they'd have got season tickets on sale in March, they'd have got season ticket packs out before now, they wouldn't have employed Coyle.

In fact it could be argued that the fewer who turn up the better. "Well we tried, we really did, sure we made mistakes, we were trying to learn. Ultimately though all the fans have gone. We've lost £100m. There's no point having a football club in Blackburn anymore with gates of just 6,000 so we're closing it down, the numbers don't stack up." Just another angle there.

Of course people will do what they think is right. As chor808 says - it's not good.

Which is what exactly?

I don't want to give them any of my money? I can relate to that course I can. Expect it doesn't appear to make a blind bit of difference. If they were desperate for fans to turn up they'd have got season tickets on sale in March, they'd have got season ticket packs out before now, they wouldn't have employed Coyle.

In fact it could be argued that the fewer who turn up the better. "Well we tried, we really did, sure we made mistakes, we were trying to learn. Ultimately though all the fans have gone. We've lost £100m. There's no point having a football club in Blackburn anymore with gates of just 6,000 so we're closing it down, the numbers don't stack up." Just another angle there.

Of course people will do what they think is right. As chor808 says - it's not good.

It'd be a poor show to shut a club 'only' having 6000 fans. We would be a middling League One side and a top 6 League Two side. Especially if relegations are seen as another way to reduce the fanbase further.

They haven't got a @#/? clue what they are doing. Having spent the Bank of India's money unwisely, they are now trying to get the club to wash its face. Maybe they watched a DVD or something, who knows. The problem with their loss of trust of the fanbase is that the flannel is getting smaller.

The thread title is very appropriate in terms of what EVERYONE is thinking:

Venkys

Cheston

Koyle

Our contracted players

Our out of contract players

The club's fans

Who knows what to do?

The only people seem to are those people who are continuing to buy tickets regardless. Maybe we are all taking things too seriously. Maybe we should just ride the ship to the bottom of the ocean. Like 6000 Captain Smiths. We can just follow the club into the lower leagues with our tails between our legs while the price to attend increases every season for the privilege. Then if/when it does go pop, we can worry about the post-admin NewCo or the post-liquidation Phoenix Club when it happens. Maybe the clappers have it right, maybe our current Championship status, let alone promotion, isn't worth fighting for and we should just sit on our hands and clap. Err... or something.

Maybe we need a few less Smiths and a few more Ahabs...

"All that most maddens and torments; all that stirs up the lees of things; all truth with malice in it; all that cracks the sinews and cakes the brain; all the subtle demonisms of life and thought; all evil, to crazy [Rovers fans], were visibly personified, and made practically assailable in [Venky Rovers]"

Not read the subsequent posts beyond the opening one. So it's probably already been said. But keep on going pal. Even if you can't enjoy the football, enjoy the company. You owe your father not the football club.

If only the Raos could read this. It demonstrates the chain they're breaking. This fan might keep going for his father's sake. But I wonder if he'll think twice about forming the habit with his own children?

He may not be here much longer pal, of course you go.

Still go chor808 as many have said

For me I don't see what the enjoyment is of going though anymore as its not the 'same' club I started supporting many moons ago

However, for those that are still continuing to go - remember really its should be you guys and gals that ramp up the feeling against the loons and not challenge those that decide enough is enough -otherwise there is no argument in my book that you are not supporting the LOONS regardless of whether you believe this is still the Rovers you love and continue to let the vermin run riot.

For me something needs to be done that gets a game delayed /stopped /messes up tv scheduling ( if live game) for example and gets the FA/PL involved or take notice as useless a they are- unfortunately this may hurt the team INITITALLY BUT LONG RUN WOULD BE MORE BENEFICIAL IMO ( what that is I have no idea and will never get of the ground without a majority united fanbase )

Its pointless still going with the rhetoric that its 'my club' if your just doing it out of routine and toeing the line yet continue to grumble and moan on here or through whatever medium you chose.

Its probably easier for me to say things like this nowadays as I don't live as close ( still not far away though) and have other things to do with my time ( my lads both play and I also run and coach a team) but there was a time when nothing came before the Rovers ( as was) for me and holidays etc were planned around them - this I am sure is probably a similar story for many

as you state for yourself its a family matter as it will be for many who will continue to go on - as it will for many who don't - but as we all know its also wrecked the social aspect and crack for many of a good weekend - win lose or draw - and all this is what is hurting everybody and feels like your heart has been ripped out.

Its the reason many feel the way they feel and should be the highlight and united focus against the loons.

man i hate Venkys, and i wouldnt advise people to support these clowns. BUT, i miss my dad, so if he wants to go take him and let him enjoy the time out. You dont have to enjoy, but give him these moments

Archived